The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

monster 01-16-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 523045)
temperature is the one part of the metric system that I have real trouble grasping on an intuitive level.

So according to the Google calculator, your picture shows an inside temperature of 65 degrees F and an outside temp of 3.74 degrees F, and you say it got down to -13 degrees F during the night.

Yup. That's cold.

Thereabouts.

0 is freezing, 21 is room temperature, 40 is too damn hot and 100 is boiling.

or in Michigan terms.......

-15 go to Florida
0 wind down car windows
15 put shorts on
25 get in the pool
35 go to Canada

Trilby 01-16-2009 04:13 PM

Secret Chocolate.

DanaC 01-16-2009 04:52 PM

- not at all secret, bought a bloody great bar- chocolate...

monster 01-16-2009 10:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The hot water thing is quite fun, actually...

limey 01-17-2009 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 523078)
I survived my 18th C military History exam. How I've done, I have no clue. They were great essays...but I don't think I've outright failed...

Well done Dana - you know more than you think you know you know!

DanaC 01-17-2009 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 523248)
Well done Dana - you know more than you think you know you know!

I've just spotted a typo lol. Meant to read they weren't great essays....

Best thing is I chose this years module options so that it was weighted to the first semester...my other modules don't have exams Yey!
So, assuming I don't have to resit this last one, that's my final exam for this degree. Hurrah.

xoxoxoBruce 01-17-2009 04:39 AM

No exams? They trust the Prof to sort out who knows and who's bullshitting? Or everyone passes from here on?

DanaC 01-17-2009 04:49 AM

hahaha. Assessment is all through essays, research project and disssertation. Oh and some 'oral' ... oh yeah.

xoxoxoBruce 01-17-2009 04:54 AM

Oral? Brianna would get an A. ;)

DanaC 01-17-2009 05:06 AM

she'd get a distinction :P

Sundae 01-17-2009 05:09 AM

Happy about UT's car :)

And because it's cool and very windy today and we're seeing some blue sky for the first time in weeks.
I'll moan about it and sneeze and squint when I go out for my walk later, but it does lift the spirits.

DanaC 01-17-2009 07:12 AM

Oh I know isn't it lovely and bright today? I will take pud for a walk shortly. Let him get a dose of sunlight :P

I'm feeling pretty good about life right now. Today, I mean. Well, the last week or so in fact. That's not to say there isn't shit bubbling away and bothering me (like the way my enthusiasm for my day job has dropped to such an extent I am barely managing the bare minimum. This engenders guilt: my constituents deserve a hell of a lot better than that. But... there we go. I'll tackle that when i don't have my back to the wall on assignments. Til then I'll try and force myself to pick up the pace a little at least). But I am feeling pretty groovy overall. If I can just make myself hit the pedal now. It's just for a few months. I need to find that momentum that will let me do thorough work and not some last minute skating attempt.

I'm feeling quietly confident that i will pull this out of the bag (when I am not crucifying myself with doubt and allowing myself to be overwhelmed into inactivity). I just need to spend a series of days taking each step in its turn, pushing my way through some work. I think I can do that. Then, if I manage that, I can manage another series of days. And so on.

yeah. Feeling big enough for what I need. For now. *smiles*

TheMercenary 01-17-2009 07:29 AM

Monster! Cool beans! Where are the bubble pics?

fargon 01-17-2009 08:37 PM

I got my VA upgrade today with a down payment of $8000.00. YEAH!!!
I bought a '99 Buick Le Sabre 4 Door loaded I am so happy I can't stand my self. AS soon as I figure out how I'm gonna put some in the tip jar. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perry Winkle 01-18-2009 12:24 AM

I think I finally came up with a business idea that I can pull off in my spare time. Here's hoping.