The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What do you look like RFN!?? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12203)

Shawnee123 10-31-2006 01:36 PM

I'll try this:

yesman065 10-31-2006 01:38 PM

Nice to see you Shawnee123
Now I'm really jealous - all of you get to have a "view" and all I have are walls and an old man I share my "office" with.

KinkyVixen 10-31-2006 01:43 PM

Don't be sad yesman, it's not true that EVERYONE has a view. Only the lucky ones. My view is of the grocery store checkout stands (which i have to admit, serves to be entertaining on the good days) but I can't see outside. It's sad.

Oh, and Shawnee, that wasn't too hard was it? You like fine. No worries.

glatt 10-31-2006 01:46 PM

Fine?! Shawnee looks great!

KinkyVixen 10-31-2006 01:48 PM

What's wrong with fine?

Sundae 10-31-2006 01:50 PM

Shawnee - looking good, chick ;)

Shawnee123 10-31-2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl
Shawnee - looking good, chick ;)

Not bad for a freakishly strange looking person.:thepain:

Thanks

glatt 10-31-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KinkyVixen
What's wrong with fine?

Nothing. I just think she looks great.

Elspode 10-31-2006 02:30 PM

Shawnee, girl...you're a doll. Is that a school you're working in, there?

Shawnee123 10-31-2006 02:32 PM

Yes, the Student Development suite at the local college. We are building a great new addition at which point we will move to where the library currently is. Best thing is...for privacy issues we will get real offices with walls and doors instead of cubbies, and I will have an even better window because they like to keep us FA peeps in the back! :)

And thanks! You're very nice.

Elspode 10-31-2006 02:39 PM

I think it is fascinating how people's self-image works. I mean, on a good day, I'm pretty cocky about myself, and I'm short, fat, balding and just generally worn-out looking. You, on the other hand, are fresh, vibrant, and have a kilowatt smile, yet are constantly denigrating your appearance to us. You're very appealing, so let's just quash those nasty image problems here and now! :)

Gosh, and everyone says psychology is so hard. Heck, I'm gonna open me up one of them nickel booths like Lucy.

LabRat 10-31-2006 02:44 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I am pretty average, yet my husband makes me feel like the sexiest woman alive, so I occasionally act like it. Most people who I would deem more attractive than myself have much lower self images than me however. Go figure.

Shawnee123 10-31-2006 02:53 PM

I know what you both mean. There are days where I feel like "look out world, here I come." Usually, what makes me feel bad is a picture of me, which is obviously what did it this time, or trying on clothes. My big problem is that I have gained weight over the past couple years, stress eating (and beer), and I just don't feel like me. I've always been active, sporty, love to dance...but now I don't feel comfortable in my own skin at all. I know I am the only one who can change that...and with all the other changes I am making right now I see myself headed in the right direction, but it's so FREAKING HARD!

Yet, I can see someone who thinks they're "average" looking and think "what the hell are you talking about? You're a very attractive person." Why is it that we can easily see the beauty (inner and outer...inner lending much to outer) in others but are so critical of ourselves?

yesman065 10-31-2006 03:19 PM

You've got company in that Shawnee - I feel that I am very average at best most of the time, yet others seem to see the best in me more so than I. It is rewarding to be appreciated and also builds my self esteem at the same time.
We tend to see a very little flaw in ourselves that others don't and magnify it to a point where it becomes an issue when in reality it is just a minor blip in the overall picture of who we actually are.

LabRat 10-31-2006 03:46 PM

Heh, Lookout is the exception to the rule. He's hot, he knows it, but doesn't flaunt it. --at least not around here...