The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

HungLikeJesus 03-14-2008 05:05 PM

CF, I take that to mean that the chiropractor fixed your subluxation?

HungLikeJesus 03-14-2008 05:08 PM

AT&T removed all the charges that I incurred playing with the internet feature on my bluetooth phone (see below).

I feel very relieved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 438686)
On a related note, something funny happened last month. My wife got a Blackberry from work and gave me her old phone - which was almost identical to the phone I already had, except that hers has Bluetooth. This allows me to synchronize my address book with MS Outlook and to use a Bluetooth headset.

When setting up the Nokia PC Suite software I noticed an option to connect the computer to the internet through the phone using Bluetooth. As we have very slow dial-up at home, I tried it and found it was about five times faster than our dial-up. I used it about three times over the next week to download e-mail attachments and some software updates.

When the phone bill arrived Monday, instead of the regular amount of about $40, it was $770. AT&T charges $10 per megabyte, so $720 of that was for a few hours of internet connection (including some time on the Cellar).

Clodfobble 03-14-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus
CF, I take that to mean that the chiropractor fixed your subluxation?

Well, he popped my back and it immediately felt better. (He told me, "Now, you're going to feel sore from the adjustment for several hours, you may need some ice," and I was like, "No way, it felt great, can you do it again?!") I'm not totally pain-free, but now it's just a sore back instead of a stabbing, incapacitating pain. And now that I've learned a new way to pop my back that doesn't require me to lay on my stomach, I can make my husband do it whenever I need. :)

Sundae 03-15-2008 12:29 PM

I GOT TEH JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is amazing. Not only is it a great environment, but they pay a living wage, they are literally at the end of my road (pm me for google earth instructions if you're really that interested!) and they wanted me after I'd worked here a week so they know what they're getting.

Got the call last night (Friday, about 30 mins after the interview) so I'm having a GOOD weekend! Esp as I picked up a super-smashing-great pair of boots from the charity shop I volunteer at on Saturdays, and am working tomorrow at my local pub!!

Popped in for the genuine reason that I left my cashpoint (ATM) card here, but thought I'd capitalise on it while present :)

binky 03-15-2008 12:47 PM

Great news SG

skysidhe 03-15-2008 12:49 PM

congrats! :celebrat:

DanaC 03-15-2008 01:03 PM

Woooo! Go Sundae! Go Sundae!

How totally awesome. You're luck is turning around.

Sundae 03-15-2008 01:05 PM

Now you have to come down & see me babba.

(thanks sky & binky)

skysidhe 03-15-2008 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought this little electric fireplace a couple of months ago. I would have bought a bigger version but my apartment is small. I am not out to impress anyone anyway just save on the electric that my basebord heaters pump out. I am happy to say that this little thing has cut my electric bill in half.

elSicomoro 03-15-2008 02:10 PM

I've written two songs on the bass already...I'm quite enjoying it.

The Orbz and Tape Deck Sonata play tonight at The Way Out Club...it's gonna be a great show!

Undertoad 03-15-2008 04:05 PM

New and very fast vehicle (Nissan Sentra SE-R "Spec V"). through an easy transaction despite my treacherous credit background, via our own Mr. Lumberjames.

skysidhe 03-15-2008 06:21 PM

awesome

Griff 03-15-2008 07:59 PM

Nice run of luck all!

About a year ago, I started fencing for fitness and kid time. I made it my goal to be competitive in the little tournament at BU that the have this time every year. If I remember correctly they had maybe 10 epee fencers of dubious skills last year. I fought today in a loaded field of 38 folks and knocked off the guy ranked 10th coming out of the pools. I clawed my way to the round of 16. Go me!

xoxoxoBruce 03-15-2008 08:16 PM

Way to go, D'Artagnan!

lumberjim 03-15-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 439027)
New and very fast vehicle (Nissan Sentra SE-R "Spec V"). through an easy transaction despite my treacherous credit background, via our own Mr. Lumberjames.

hardly treacherous. a simple phone call. I really hope you like it. It's just like the demo I drove for 6000 miles and loved. great handling, brakes, and radio. and power enough to surprise most other cars at the stop light. needs red trim.

how about a picture of you two?