The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

barefoot serpent 07-02-2008 12:37 PM

Nice tree -- but it looks kinda firewoodish for this time of year. (and I don't see a chimney... ;) )

glatt 07-02-2008 05:05 PM

It's quitting time, and I'm off tomorrow. 4 day weekend!

Have a good holiday, everyone.

Sundae 07-08-2008 10:57 AM

In approx 5 mins time I go home.
And waiting in my home is Dana!

It could only be better if I had today/ tomorrow off (Grrrrrr) and if it didn't look like it was going to bucket down any second.
Oh and if I'd been a good host and got some cold brewskis in.

Never mind, I'm sure she's found a way to occupy herself since 15.30!

Undertoad 07-08-2008 11:12 AM

we demand pics

Undertoad 07-08-2008 11:12 AM

and a full report no matter what happens

Pico and ME 07-08-2008 06:18 PM

Sittin on the sunny side of the deck after work with hubby, drinking Dos Equis and being silly with my chi chi...:p

DucksNuts 07-08-2008 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My new car.......grrrrr (thats a turned on grrr)

lookout123 07-08-2008 08:22 PM

looks sweet. what is it? (so not a car guy)

footfootfoot 07-08-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 467606)
In approx 5 mins time I go home.
And waiting in my home is Dana!

It could only be better if I had today/ tomorrow off (Grrrrrr) and if it didn't look like it was going to bucket down any second.
Oh and if I'd been a good host and got some cold brewskis in.

Never mind, I'm sure she's found a way to occupy herself since 15.30!

Check it out, B:
Coordinate 39° 10′ 0″ N, 26° 20′ 0″ E

Dudes, you are so hot!

lookout123 07-08-2008 08:32 PM

?

DucksNuts 07-08-2008 08:49 PM

Holden (GM) Commodore VE SS, 6.0-litre Gen IV V8 LS2 engine, the motor produces 270kW and makes 530Nm of torque at 4400RPM. :D (such a car chick)

footfootfoot 07-08-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 467729)
?

plug it into google earth

Clodfobble 07-08-2008 09:37 PM

The license plate cracks me up, Ducks. :)

BigV 07-09-2008 10:38 AM

Much yardwork progress. Borrowed a truck over the holiday weekend and made a trip to the dump (couch, dryer carcass, bike). Second trip was all yardwaste/garbage but loaded in the Rover, so we got the flat rate for "automobiles". I had it fully loaded, seatbacks to tailgate, window to window, floor to ceiling.

Last night worked in the back yard, raking and mowing, shoveling dirt, sweeping, weeding... just plain labor, but a labor of love.

Today I'm sore.

eta: got a new electric mower, to replace our current electric mower. It was stationed on the parking strip with an "all free" sign on it. It's a Craftsman, and upgrade (mostly) from our antique Sunbeam. The Sunbeam ran fine, and I keep the blade sharp, but the side mount catcher bag has been missing forever, and so it sprays clippings with unbridled enthusiasm. The Craftsman has a rear bag setup, but it has a door, and an insert to redirect the air/clipping flow for mulching. Plus, it is much quieter, seems stronger and lighter, and the handle is much more rigid which allows me to maneuver it with one hand more easily. One downside is that it is much taller and the handle has a higher lowest setting, which means I can't lay the handle down flat/parallel to the grass to mow under stuff (like the swing, the picnic table, the hydrangeas, etc). A small price to pay, and overall a nice upgrade (for free) for us.

HungLikeJesus 07-09-2008 12:22 PM

An unexplainable thing happened.

My Honda Transalp, which I haven't ridden in a while (the tags expired in 2003, so I probably haven't ridden it since 2004), wouldn't run. I suspected that the gas sitting in the carburetors for five years probably blocked up the small passages.

I took off a few panels, the seat, gas tank, air box and carburetor. Then I took apart the carburetor and cleaned the jets and floats and all that stuff. Then I put it all back together. When I hooked it up to my truck battery it started and ran. I never thought that would happen.

Now I just need to install the new battery (which has been charging over night), balance the carbs, clean and re-install the air filter, change the indicator flasher and it should be ready to go.