The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

classicman 08-06-2016 02:59 PM

Headed over to Victory Brew Pub for dinner and a flight with the woman and her parents.
Good food + good people = good times.

Pico and ME 08-06-2016 03:24 PM

flight?

sexobon 08-06-2016 03:51 PM

A flight is a grouping of something similar (e.g. flight of stairs, flight of geese). Borrowed from the world of wine tasting where wines of the same type are sampled, without elaboration it just means several drinks.

Going by the name of the place, probably beer.

Pico and ME 08-06-2016 04:20 PM

Ah-ha...Thanks sexobon.

classicman 08-07-2016 08:12 AM

Exactly! Thank you, sexo. The flight is 5 different beers. I've always been into wine tastings, but living on the east coast of the US makes it VERY expensive to taste quality. I've been getting into beer tasting more over the last few months. This particular establishment offers a variety of micro brews which cover a broad spectrum from the watered down crap like Bud or Coors to the darkest of dark toasted or chocolate or coffee beers.
:yum: :yum: :drool: :jig:

Griff 08-08-2016 07:53 AM

I am flat out exhausted from fencing yesterday. I was on my game in the NY open tourney I got crushed at last year. I managed to come in at 21/64 which would have meant a rating upgrade except somebody dropped out before the de. I had nothing left for the Vet event right after. The guys who only fenced the Vet mostly did better. But a great day of fencing and I dropped the overall winner at the train station on my way out of Poughkeepsie so I made nice connection.

elSicomoro 08-11-2016 02:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Since we moved Tango over here Sunday night, she has been upstairs mostly...either hiding in one of the alcoves on Michelle's dresser or laying on the small set of steps that lead to our bedroom. She's been exploring the house, but those two spots have been her safe spots.

Today, we noticed that her food bowl was empty for the first time since Sunday. And when I came up here tonight, she didn't follow me. She was hanging out in her cat condo. She's getting comfortable here...we are too.

(Of course, just as I finish typing this, she starts calling for us. She'll be fine though.)

elSicomoro 08-11-2016 02:17 AM

Did I mention that the Mrs and I bought a house last month?

When I joined Cellar 15 years ago (!), I was a 25-year-old punk that had just moved to Philadelphia. Buying a house, getting married and having kids were all 3 big no's for me.

And so here I am now...I turn 41 soon, I live in suburban Kansas City (me...a suburbanite...that wasn't supposed to happen either), I'm happily married (for the second and last time), I have a 13-year-old son (though not related by blood, I love him as if he were my own flesh and blood) and I own a house. Well, WE own a house...an old farmhouse (complete with a barn!) that has survived the suburbanization of Johnson County, Kansas.

And it feels damn good.

Griff 08-11-2016 06:24 AM

:)

lumberjim 08-11-2016 07:43 AM

Day 1 of vacation.

infinite monkey 08-11-2016 11:21 AM

On the first day of my summer vacation, I woke up. Then I went downtown to look for a job. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore.

Gravdigr 08-11-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 966399)
Then I hung out in front of the drugstore.

On a bench? Or didja lean against the wall with one foot propped behind ya, and a cigarette behind your ear, like the tough kids?

elSicomoro 08-11-2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 966399)
On the first day of my summer vacation, I woke up. Then I went downtown to look for a job. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore.

Hang in there...3 more days.

infinite monkey 08-11-2016 01:46 PM

I was referring to jim's vacation...me, vacation? Hahahhahahahahaaaa...say that again that's funny.

And then, it's from Sister Mary Elephant. You didn't know? For shame!

Gravdigr 08-11-2016 02:21 PM

Derp. Didn't make the connection.:redface: