The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

BigV 04-07-2008 03:58 PM

I bought a bag of Doritos from the vending machine at lunchtime. When I opened the door to get my chips, I found a bag of M&Ms in the delivery tray in addition to my Doritos! Free dessert!

Clodfobble 04-07-2008 05:17 PM

Yesterday I bought new pajamas for Minifob. What makes me happy about this is it seems some lowly clothing designer with the children's clothing mega-brand Carter's has a sense of humor, and I suspect their boss didn't get the joke or the design never would have been approved.

The picture on the front is a large fish with his mouth open, clearly about to eat two smaller fish.

The caption on the shirt reads "Best Chums."

DanaC 04-08-2008 05:47 AM

Quote:

Sky - you don't get tips in pubs.
Not always the case Sundae. I usually ask the bar tender if they have a tip jar. Many do. Though getting a drink for the bartender is also common. Sometimes I ask them if they have a tip jar and they say no, but tell me they have a charity collection box for a local charity and I drop the 'tip' in there.

Sundae 04-08-2008 06:07 AM

Aha - never in the pubs I've worked in.
Different parts of the world perhaps?

xoxoxoBruce 04-08-2008 09:33 AM

Yeah, Dana lives in the commie area. :stickpoke

Sundae 04-08-2008 10:53 AM

I was thinking she just drank in a better class of pub ;)

Shawnee123 04-08-2008 03:47 PM

I'm taking a personal day tomorrow, to heck with the work! I'm finally getting this damn hair cut.

Over 6 weeks paid time off a year and I hardly get to use it! I hope the weather is as nice as it has been the last couple days.

glatt 04-08-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 444531)
I'm taking a personal day tomorrow, to heck with the work!

Hey, me too!

Sundae 04-09-2008 06:23 AM

I have just sorted a problem.
In the scheme of things it was a minor issue - an £80 cheque issued to freelance worker X without a signature

In real life it was a big problem - X needed the money today, the person who ran the project is on annual leave, the overall manager of the project was due in at 11.30 and still wasn't here when X arrived. And the cheque was made out to the wrong person.

I was calm. I ascertained before X arrived that the only other member of staff present today could sign off the cheque (having taken X's mobile number in case). I then took the decision to handwrite a new cheque with all previous details.

I know it sounds minor, but I didn't stress, I sorted it out officially and I sent a previously irritated X away with a positive impression by quoting the choreographer's good feedback about the work she was involved in.

Admin won't change the world, but I'm glad to realise I'm still good at it.

Oh and the cat-bed I ordered on payday has finally arrived! My boys are going to adore it. And so have my 99p catnip seeds. Here's hoping my usual black thumb doesn't apply in this situation!

Lots to be happy for today, so I am.

HungLikeJesus 04-09-2008 03:08 PM

Tomorrow's Weather

515 AM MDT WED APR 9 2008
A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON.

RAIN WILL TURN TO SNOW LATE THIS EVENING WITH THE HEAVIEST SNOW EXPECTED EARLY THURSDAY MORNING. THE HEAVIER SNOW IS EXPECTED TO SHIFT EASTWARD OVER THE PLAINS THURSDAY AFTERNOON. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 8 INCHES IS POSSIBLE BY THURSDAY EVENING. UP TO 14 INCHES IS POSSIBLE IN THE FRONT RANGE FOOTHILLS.

kerosene 04-09-2008 04:11 PM

Does this mean you will work from home tomorrow?

HungLikeJesus 04-09-2008 04:16 PM

Yes. In fact, I'm leaving in a few minutes, just in case the snow comes early.

kerosene 04-09-2008 04:18 PM

I love work at home days...wait, I do that every day.

But seriously, very cool for you. Kind of sucks for me, because I don't have to go to work but I have other things I have to do.

HungLikeJesus 04-09-2008 04:20 PM

I'm considering closing down this office at the end of the month and working from home permanently. Then I'll be just like you.

kerosene 04-09-2008 04:29 PM

Yay, I can't wait to have a twin Jesus!