The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   My Kid is a Damn Nutter (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18924)

Clodfobble 04-22-2009 06:13 PM

I was just planning on publishing this thread in its entirety. Oh, did I forget to mention I was going to take everyone's content without consent?

Actually, I've been trying to find a time to get a good video of him, so you guys can really see what a completely different kid he is now.

monster 04-22-2009 07:17 PM

and the 8,065 is.....?

xoxoxoBruce 04-23-2009 01:50 AM

That's a reminder of a place long ago and far away.

Clodfobble 04-23-2009 10:02 AM

Yeah, it's on hold indefinitely. Maybe in another couple of years I'll have time to get back to it. :) I actually hope to have something new to put in my sig file soon. Waiting on Mr. Clod to take care of some stuff I'm not tech-savvy enough to handle on my own.

In other news, the National Autism Association knows their audience. When you join (I didn't, but my mother did,) you get a free gift: a copy of the Animusic DVD--you know, that CG music video compilation where the complex mechanical robots play synth music. Minifob watched the whole thing practically without blinking.

xoxoxoBruce 04-23-2009 10:31 AM

Those are great, I have them all. :D

Jill 04-26-2009 09:40 PM

Thought you might find this article interesting.

Clodfobble 04-27-2009 09:35 AM

There's a dedicated hippotherapy place here in Austin, I'm surprised they didn't mention it in the article.

Can I be a cynic for a minute? I'm sure the shamans were great and all, but I bet it also really helped that while in Mongolia he probably had to eat Mongolian food, i.e. no dairy or wheat.

dar512 04-27-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 560715)
Can I be a cynic for a minute? I'm sure the shamans were great and all, but I bet it also really helped that while in Mongolia he probably had to eat Mongolian food, i.e. no dairy or wheat.

Didn't the Mongols invent yogurt? I suspect there's some dairy in Mongolia.

On the other hand, we live with a lot of manufactured chemicals in modern society. I bet there's a lot fewer in Mongolia.

xoxoxoBruce 04-27-2009 12:56 PM

Yak, reindeer, and goat would be vaguely dairy but I doubt the chemical composition would be the same.

jinx 04-27-2009 07:52 PM

My kids have never reacted to goat, sheep or buffalo dairy products - where as they get rashes, intestinal problems and/or bad attitudes from cow... although not nearly as bad now as when they were younger (40% tend to outgrow dairy sensitivities).

Also, but unrelated to food sensitivity, IGF-1 is identical in humans and cows. Google IGF-1 and cancer if you don't know what that means.

Clodfobble 04-29-2009 09:38 PM

So here's what I've been doing with my spare time recently: I started a GFCF cooking blog. Feedback eagerly welcomed.

xoxoxoBruce 04-30-2009 12:37 AM

Outstanding! Man, all that shit looks delicious, I'm giving those recipes to anyone I think might feed me. :D

Jill 04-30-2009 12:47 AM

Great site, Clodfobble! Feel free to post my kasha recipe from post #167 if you'd like. For the kids, reduce the proportions of onions and mushrooms by half and only add them to half the prepared kasha so the kids can have theirs plain. I really think you'll like it. Well, I hope you do, because then there'll be one more thing you can add to your "safe to eat" list!

glatt 04-30-2009 08:57 AM

Nice site! I would even eat some of that stuff.

kerosene 04-30-2009 10:28 AM

I suddenly have a craving for some brownies and frosting.