The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

BigV 01-27-2015 10:03 PM

I came here to post about what's making me happy just right now... and was pleasantly surprised by im's post.

aaaaannnyway.

what's making me happy right now is listening to Pandora, my Tom Lehrer Radio station. sooo funny, so smart. Tom Lehrer, Monty Python, Jonathan Coulton, and Pete Seeger, Weird Al Jankovick, just laffs and smiles. I have the house to myself for a couple hours, and I've got it turned up loud. fun, fun, fun!

DanaC 01-28-2015 01:44 AM

Awesome news Infi!

limey 01-28-2015 05:19 AM

Late to the party but YAAAY INFI all the way from Tajikistan!

Sent by thought transference

infinite monkey 01-28-2015 08:05 AM

Thanks! :)

monster 01-28-2015 08:16 AM

Yay info! All the way from Nashville!

monster 01-28-2015 08:18 AM

Also my first post ever from my stupid smartphone

infinite monkey 01-28-2015 10:07 AM

Heeeheeee, I'm honored!

Sincerely,

Info

How's it going in The Village of Nash? I've been there, and I'll tell you what, it's almost impossible to find a place to get a beer. Have fun!

monster 01-28-2015 05:50 PM

only visited the airport briefly :) Now in St Louis. am knackered. left at 5, flew here, then put in a full day. Sorry about the typo, probably the stupid fucking autocorrect, infortunate monkey

Should go to bed right now, but the hotel they have me in has a happy hour....... .....that involves me getting three free drinks! It would be so rude not to....

fargon 01-28-2015 06:08 PM

YAY IM, i'm so happy for you. Good Luck and congratulations on your first day.

infinite monkey 01-28-2015 07:09 PM

monster...I was confused that you were in TN and I knew you were going to St Louie! Yes, have the three drinks. Why not? Have a little fun, you deserve it.

Thanks fargon! I'm really excited. I have my clothes all ready to go and I'm going to check early to make sure I don't have something crazy happen, like a flat tire or something. Oh, and another good thing... I basically drive down the county highway which is next to my front yard, and end up a few blocks away from my job in the town where I'll be working, seven miles away.

I'm not driving to the gates of hell, the armpit of Ohio, the cesspool of a big city, like my last job. Yay!

monster 01-28-2015 07:11 PM

I R so excited for u, Info :D good luck!

infinite monkey 01-28-2015 07:16 PM

Tanks! :)

footfootfoot 01-29-2015 12:22 PM

http://www.cellar.org/attachment.php...1&d=1422147408

A man wakes up one morning with the mother of all hangovers. He opens his eyes, and on the nightstand he sees a glass of water, an aspirin, a rose and a note saying, Honey, breakfast is ready, I love you. Hugs and kisses, your wife.

Not remembering a thing about the night before, he walks to the kitchen and sees his son at the breakfast table and asks him about what had happened last night. The son says, "Well, you came home and were completely hammered, tripped on the coffee table and smashed it to pieces, then you barfed in the hallway, peed all over the carpet, got into a scuffle with mom and then you went to bed. Then, when she started to pull off your pants, you screamed, "Get away from me, bitch, I'm married!"

;)

Lamplighter 01-29-2015 02:21 PM

:D

infinite monkey 01-29-2015 06:46 PM

My first day was fantastic! I really like the way things work there. I really like the woman who runs the office (I'm basically her helper and she's been doing it alone for a while. We get along great!) I got to talk to a handful of clients (unusually slow day) and I already know that my assertion that my experience in CCs has taught me how to communicate with just about anyone was absolutely correct.

And, because I'm weird, I love paperwork and I got to work a file from the beginning (including speaking with the person and making the file) and all the steps that need to happen to make sure everyone is where they need to be and informed...I'll remember this file when it goes to 'closed.' It's like putting together a puzzle and making sure it all fits together.

I'm incredibly happy. And I can't imagine working with a nicer group of people. Nobody is trying to put one over on anyone. No one is climbing any kind of invisible ladder.

I can't stop occasionally going 'YEAH!' just out of the blue by myself. :D