The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So, How was your day? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17371)

Griff 12-23-2016 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 977149)
Glad to hear it went well. To paraphrase the pilot's adage, any landing you can walk away from is a good landing.

This right here. *hugs*

infinite monkey 12-23-2016 09:20 AM

Thanks everyone. He's supposed to be going home today. He's doing ok but the fluids they are running through him are causing some pretty severe intermittent cramps. Apparently very painful. But the good news is the only chemo is this one time thing they gave him last night. Goes directly in bladder and coats it to kill any residual cells and prevent it from coming back. All in all, we're very lucky.

I hate when he gets a spasm and is in pain, but he's pretty much himself. The nurses love him, he's a funny guy. I hope he can get back to doing the things he loves, building things and doing work at his land o' lakes, really soon.

glatt 12-23-2016 09:49 AM

Great news!

It's cool that they can apply the chemo right at the source. Target that sucker with pinpoint accuracy.

Griff 12-23-2016 10:55 AM

good good good

Clodfobble 12-23-2016 01:08 PM

Hooray for good news! The world needs more of it right now.

monster 12-23-2016 02:46 PM

yay for papainfi

fargon 12-23-2016 02:51 PM

A good Christmas present for IM we've been praying.
Well this morning I got up and fed the cats.
And then I got real pissed off see Fuck VW thread.
And then I got real happy see aforementioned thread.
And then we went to Clason Buick and got Keryx's new car.
She got a 2015 Buick Encore, and she is happy now too.

xoxoxoBruce 12-23-2016 02:59 PM

So, Keryx is always happy when you give her an encore, eh. You old dog you. ;)

Clodfobble 01-05-2017 07:06 AM

Today's agenda is interesting.

5:45 Get up--Minifobette and I are both not allowed to eat.
7:30 Drop off Minifob at school.
8:30 Take Minifobette to dentist to have four teeth extracted.
9:15 Carry drugged-up Minifobette into lab testing center so I can have my fasting blood draw
11:00 Cable guy comes out to the house
12:00 Head out to the sticks to pick up a batch of duck eggs
3:00 pick up Minifob from school
4:00 In-Laws arrive for Mr. Clod's birthday
7:00 Cook special birthday dinner for in-laws
8:30 Mr. Clod gets home from big thing at work that couldn't be rescheduled, and eats leftover birthday dinner
9:00 Put the kids to bed
9:15 In-laws awkwardly leave when it becomes apparent that I'm not just changing clothes, I've gone to bed, and Mr. Clod is not going to get off his computer to talk to them.

Huzzah!

glatt 01-05-2017 07:12 AM

wisdom teeth? Seems kind of young for that.

Hope her mouth is OK and she recovers from the procedure quickly.

footfootfoot 01-05-2017 09:02 AM

Four extractions at once and then back to school? Hardcore, but then again when we saw that guy nailed to the plus sign we knew they weren't fucking around.

Clodfobble 01-05-2017 09:21 AM

No no, she's not going back to school, but I still have to pick up her brother.

They're baby teeth she was supposed to lose years ago, but they're wedged in so tight nothing can even get loose. The permanent ones are starting to diverge around into really fucked up places since they can't push through, so they said yank these now, or do crazy orthodontic reconstruction on the big teeth later. She got my chinless jaw, unfortunately.

monster 01-05-2017 12:53 PM

why did you do the fasting blood draw on the same day as all that other crap?

Clodfobble 01-05-2017 05:05 PM

Didn't have a choice. I called my neurologist about the increase in symptoms, and they said my doc is on vacation until the 12th, but just to be sure, the nurse passed the symptoms along to another doctor in the practice. He said to get this test ASAP, and that it couldn't wait until my doctor got back. Friday morning has just as much on the schedule, and I figured if it really can't wait a week, then waiting until next Monday was also probably not a good idea. I think it was the lapse on my stepson's name that got them moving.

It's just a CMP, so the best I can figure is they're looking for calcium levels, since my med is a calcium channel blocker and you can crash (or alternatively, still have too much and therefore need higher meds.) Alternatively, they might be looking at sodium levels, because low sodium can cause muscle twitches (did I mention those have increased?), and also kill you if your sodium levels get too low. Or maybe I have early onset Parkinson's or a brain tumor and they can magically detect that with a CMP, hell if I know. They told me ASAP and they made it clear they meant it.

Clodfobble 01-05-2017 05:07 PM

Oh, also, I forgot an item on the agenda above: 5:30-6:30, Minifob goes to weekly occupational therapy appointment. On my way!