The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's bumming your stone today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18359)

Lola Bunny 05-22-2014 04:48 AM

Can't fall back to sleep. :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Griff 05-22-2014 05:54 AM

I hope they resolve your water issue sooner not later. That is an awful hit for little restaurants. Any excuse for the chocolate covered beans though.

Hope you get some sleep Lola.

Lola Bunny 05-25-2014 08:47 PM

It's rather sad when I want to talk to someone and realized there's no one I could call. I need to make more friends. :(

sexobon 05-26-2014 01:07 AM

The thing is, when friends want to talk to someone they may call you. Perhaps the tradeoff isn't worth it for you.

Gravdigr 05-26-2014 12:28 PM

I want a pizza, but, I'm poor.

footfootfoot 05-26-2014 12:56 PM

backflow preventer?

monster 05-28-2014 08:42 PM

Cancer

A long, long time ago, I came to the US from Britain. And I was pregnant and culture shocked. And I found an internet bulletin board for British Expats.

A few years later a guy in California found it. Weird guy. into photography, cars and horses. Had an animal or two, vehemently anti reproduction, but had a wife who he cherished and loved and who was in everything he said and everything he did. they guy could be a bit of a dick, but his love for her surpassed everything. They went through fibroids and all sorts of horrible things and he documented it all and his love shone through all the while.

The bulletin board turned forum became defunct several years ago, but many of us are still in touch and some are friends on facebook. I put him on "quiet" mode a while back (because he could be a bit of a dick), but learned through our mutual expat friends that his beloved Emily died from cancer this morning. :cry: I never met her, but she seemed so vivacious and someone who is anyone's reason for living should not get cancer and die. No-one should get cancer and die. Stupid fucking disease.

glatt 05-28-2014 09:07 PM

Sorry monster. :(

infinite monkey 05-28-2014 09:40 PM

I feel that for my dad, monster. How in the hell is it fair that someone he loved so much, who loved him so much...they sustained each other. How is it fair that he is now without her? He's doing ok, but his pain is evident. I'm proud of him, but that pain is undeniable. I feel it too. Too too much, every single day. I miss my mama and there's nothing I can do to change that.

I'm sorry for your friend's pain. Maybe that you feel it too for him helps in some way. I think that's how we get through it. To recognize that horrible feeling...not easy for anyone, yet we all share it somehow. Because we are left with those who care about us.

Fuck fucking cancer.

Love you, monster.

Griff 05-29-2014 05:46 AM

fuck cancer

Clodfobble 05-29-2014 06:15 AM

Sorry monster. :(

fargon 05-29-2014 08:12 AM

Fuck cancer, sorry monster.

limey 05-29-2014 11:45 AM

Fuck cancer.

Sent by thought transference

Gravdigr 05-29-2014 01:50 PM

I've always found it very odd that we can be so affected/effected (?) by the death of someone we've never really actually met.

And fuck cancer.

DanaC 05-29-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 900038)
I've always found it very odd that we can be so affected/effected (?) by the death of someone we've never really actually met.

And fuck cancer.

(affected)

Yeah. Strange how that happens.

And, yeah: fuck cancer.