The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Nirvana 06-22-2011 11:38 PM

That was funny Wolf! :lol:

Lola Bunny 06-23-2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydaan (Post 741497)
Lola, I work in a beer store... hahhaha I lift hundreds of pounds of beer cases and wine cases a day. I still get excercise. This just means I have to get off my lazy butt when I get home and walk my dog more often. :)

:eek: Super woman! I would like to see your arms. :D Woman, do you get back pain. My back hurts just reading that line. :lol:

casimendocina 06-23-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 741434)

I am feeling a lot better today than I was last night. I did have a rocky hour or so earlier in the day when my mood plummetted suddenly over something utterly trivial (unbelievably trivial: not being able to make an online payment because the system kept crashing) but am back to sunshine and smiles again now:) Even when I sank earlier it wasn;t as bad as last night, I think because as it started I recognised it and was able to ride it out a bit better.

I've been excited all day because I knew Sundae's packages wuold be arriving :)

Incidentally: I know it's wrong of me but I can't hear/read the name Sandy Possum without snickering a little. It just sounds like a euphemism to me.

Glad that you're feeling a bit better Dana. Tell us, tell us, what was in the package from Sundae? (and this calls for a bit of a jump up and down and clapping Japanese girl style).

What euphemism does Sandy Possum remind you of?

footfootfoot 06-23-2011 10:59 AM

A dirty map of Tasmania?

monster 06-23-2011 11:43 AM

A woman with a vagina that's seen better days, maybe?

Quote:

You're going to get it on with Gloria? Better get some cream for your dick, I heard she had a sandy possum

wolf 06-23-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 741425)
Just a guess here, but after you got his paw out of the collar, he got a cramp in his arm...
A REALLY BAD ONE.
Similar thing happened to my male cat - hence I now only use safety collars. I'd rather he lose one every 12-18 months instead of having the cat strangle to death.

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/pub...wQhcjoBRLyZ7Re
Closest thing to Hello Kitty I could find for ya.

That's actually the type of collar that he wears, although, of course, his is a more manly blue.

I have found his collar, without him in it, on the stones in front of my porch. I was a little concerned about that, because I was fearful that someone had run him over and put the collar on my porch because they'd seen me with him.

In retrospect, based on how he was cleaning his fur, it looked like his leg and paw had gone to sleep.

ZenGum 06-24-2011 01:57 AM

Maybe pins and needles, kitteh-style.

Trilby 06-24-2011 07:13 AM

And still it begins
Needles and Pins!
The tears I gotta hide
Because of all my pride!

Sundae 06-24-2011 08:35 AM

Tomorrow it's Mrs J's birthday. She'll be 50 next year.
I pointed out to her that in a weeks time I'll be 40 next year.

"Oh, we'll definitely have to celebrate our birthdays together!" she said.
For a split second I was about to demur, thinking she'd far rather celebrate with her family... luckily I realised she meant combining staffroom celebrations before I said anything dopey.

She's the Teaching Assistant I will be working with next year (I volunteered in her class too) and is so lovely as a person. So even our brief conversation made me feel quite uplifted. She isn't the sort of person to forget or fall out with people, so I know next year we'll have a great 40/ 50 lunch treat.

She suggested strawberries and cream, I suggested cold cuts, bread and cheese.
Okay it' a year away (and I promise I won't start planning for at least another 10 months), it's just a nice future event to think of.

I've also solved my birthday cake 2011 dilemma. I am making one that I have made before, which was YUMMY. And I'm going to get Mum to make her strawberry and jello flan. It's simple, tried and tested and always goes down well. Like me.

I could make the latter myself, but I usually overdo it, slicing the strawberries too thin, trying to make it more decorative. Mum has the knack of just getting it right because she's made it many times before and goes with what works.

I'll save the frozen strawberry & raspberry cake and the Dalek cake for another occasion... Who knows, I might even practice them first!

casimendocina 06-25-2011 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 741741)
Okay it' a year away (and I promise I won't start planning for at least another 10 months)...

Sundae, I think we need a number of countdowns in your footer: one for panto, one for Glasgow and one for your birthday.

Trilby 06-25-2011 06:56 AM

Cleaning out the rooms.

Whew. I gotta lotta junk.

DucksNuts 06-25-2011 07:01 AM

Connectwise! We are installing it at work, Ive been doing Connectwise University, it makes my geeks buds tingle.

Sundae 06-25-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casimendocina (Post 741921)
Sundae, I think we need a number of countdowns in your footer: one for panto, one for Glasgow and one for your birthday.

I DID have.
But I thought it was horribly self indulgent!

Don't encourage me....

FTR currently:
5 sleeps til payday - 30 June
6 sleeps til birthday - 1 July

2 weeks until Torchwood is shown in America - 8 July
Approx 1 month until my holiday in Great Yarmouth - 25 July

51 days until Much Ado About Nothing (Tennant/ Tate) - 15 August

6 months (19 December) until we see JB in Panto and I see ma girls again!
NB - same date, we're meeting in Glasgow to go to the panto

I can't do a birthday countdown - I mean no-one else does it. Maybe next year for the big 4-0. I promise to keep the Glasgow countdown up to date tho - that's not just about me :)

monster 06-25-2011 11:42 AM

New shirts I made well received. People are clamoring for them. And the Swim Team won :D

(shirts are khaki/army green have team initials like M*A*S*H on the front and on the back say "I love the smell of chlorine in the morning... smells like.... VICTORY", green is team color)

DanaC 06-25-2011 01:04 PM

lol awesome Monster