The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Sundae 07-25-2009 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Aw thanks darlin's.
It means a LOT.

Mr Shah (corner-store owner, proper stereotype) told me today I looked lovely.
I don't. Not to me, and surely not to a 70+ asian man.
But hey - if he likes me make-the-best-of-it baby mohowak, I'll just accept the compliment :)

Dani - yay! You go girl! Congrats on your graduation.

PS - I was smiling at Mr Shah, not doing a fake-punk snarl.

Clodfobble 07-27-2009 09:49 PM

I am happy because Mr. Clod has actually kept up with his newly-inspired workout schedule. He has cut a piece of plywood to balance across the arms of the treadmill, and figured out how to make his laptop a slave to the PVR over the wireless. So not only is he exercising, he's finishing off countless episodes of crappy anime series, so I don't have to be subjected to them in the livingroom.

Madman 07-28-2009 01:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It don't get no better than....

monster 07-28-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 584545)
I am happy because Mr. Clod has actually kept up with his newly-inspired workout schedule. He has cut a piece of plywood to balance across the arms of the treadmill, and figured out how to make his laptop a slave to the PVR over the wireless. So not only is he exercising, he's finishing off countless episodes of crappy anime series, so I don't have to be subjected to them in the livingroom.

awesome. sadly too late for beest and his Battlestar Galactica directors' podcast fixation, but next time he latches onto something aweful I'll remember this....

Undertoad 07-29-2009 09:07 AM

Finally put new rear struts on the Cellar Car. One of the rears was totally shot and was bottoming out, and the whole thing was getting seriously unsafe. I could hardly accelerate on some rainy streets -- the weight shifted to the rear so hard that the front wheels lost traction! Now it rides like awesome and makes me happy.

Queen of the Ryche 07-29-2009 04:20 PM

Just got two tix to Priest/Whitesnake at Red Rocks for $61.50!!! Woohoo! And a friend got us tix for Rain too......considering Crue Fest too........I am a live music whore!!!

capnhowdy 08-01-2009 07:15 AM

I am going to pick up my "new" motorcycle this morning. I paid for it and did the paperwork yesterday evening at the local Honda shop, but we were having torrential rain so I left it there. Pics pending. WOO HOO!

Trilby 08-01-2009 12:50 PM

I am not now drunk. That makes me happy because it's not always the case.

Sundae 08-03-2009 01:15 PM

I'm not drunk too!
Not what I came here to say, but it's always worth saying for me.

I booked tickets to La Cage Aux Folles today :)
Mum had theatre vouchers as a present when she retired (3 years ago) but she and Dads could never quite agree on the show. When I told Mum I'd love to see John Barrowman (Cap'n Jack) as Albin - thinking tickets in The Gods - she offered to use her vouchers as long as I booked it. OPENING NIGHT! And we're in the stalls!

Given my druthers I'd have booked one of the cabaret tables later in the run (same price as stalls, just harder to get hold of) because the lead sings directly to you. If you're in seat A1 they hold your hand in one certain number. I asked Mum and - get this - she said. "I'd do it for you" which is a complete reversal of Mum's usual abhorrence of being looked at. For me! I didn't go for it but it was worth a lot. I mean, seriously - I am so made up about our tickets, but more than that - Mum wanted us to go together AND Mum would have been in a public seat to please me.

I decided first night was better, because even though La Barrowman is a seasoned performer, you can't tell whether he'll be ill on a specific night. But let's face it, even if he has swine flu, he won't miss his opening night - he might have to be wheeled on at the end, but we can star-spot anyway. And whatever Mum says, I know she will be happier in the stalls. And I do love her, and this is her treat after all.

Oh - just realised I forgot to say - Mum & I had a really intense conversation last week.
Too intense to report at the time.
I actually managed to say how worried/ upset her anger made me, and suggest she went back into counselling. She shared more about how my drinking had affected her, without being nasty. It was all painful, but crikey I felt better after. Like getting a head on a spot.

Oh - and Yo Sushi have a Monday deal :)
I'm gonna take Mum to Yo Sushi - which Dads would hate - and have a blue plate special. Even if she doesn't love it (the food) she'll love it (the experience) because she'll be telling all her friends about it for months. I do love her, you know. She can cut me to the bone, but I love her. And I know despite her horror at silly things like my hair and my clothes, she quite likes having a daughter she can talk about.

TheMercenary 08-03-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnhowdy (Post 585428)
I am going to pick up my "new" motorcycle this morning. I paid for it and did the paperwork yesterday evening at the local Honda shop, but we were having torrential rain so I left it there. Pics pending. WOO HOO!

Congrats! Can't wait to see it. That makes 4 of us, I think, who ride.

TheMercenary 08-03-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 585773)
I'm not drunk too!
Not what I came here to say, but it's always worth saying for me.

I booked tickets to La Cage Aux Folles today :)
Mum had theatre vouchers as a present when she retired (3 years ago) but she and Dads could never quite agree on the show. When I told Mum I'd love to see John Barrowman (Cap'n Jack) as Albin - thinking tickets in The Gods - she offered to use her vouchers as long as I booked it. OPENING NIGHT! And we're in the stalls!

Given my druthers I'd have booked one of the cabaret tables later in the run (same price as stalls, just harder to get hold of) because the lead sings directly to you. If you're in seat A1 they hold your hand in one certain number. I asked Mum and - get this - she said. "I'd do it for you" which is a complete reversal of Mum's usual abhorrence of being looked at. For me! I didn't go for it but it was worth a lot. I mean, seriously - I am so made up about our tickets, but more than that - Mum wanted us to go together AND Mum would have been in a public seat to please me.

I decided first night was better, because even though La Barrowman is a seasoned performer, you can't tell whether he'll be ill on a specific night. But let's face it, even if he has swine flu, he won't miss his opening night - he might have to be wheeled on at the end, but we can star-spot anyway. And whatever Mum says, I know she will be happier in the stalls. And I do love her, and this is her treat after all.

Oh - just realised I forgot to say - Mum & I had a really intense conversation last week.
Too intense to report at the time.
I actually managed to say how worried/ upset her anger made me, and suggest she went back into counselling. She shared more about how my drinking had affected her, without being nasty. It was all painful, but crikey I felt better after. Like getting a head on a spot.

Oh - and Yo Sushi have a Monday deal :)
I'm gonna take Mum to Yo Sushi - which Dads would hate - and have a blue plate special. Even if she doesn't love it (the food) she'll love it (the experience) because she'll be telling all her friends about it for months. I do love her, you know. She can cut me to the bone, but I love her. And I know despite her horror at silly things like my hair and my clothes, she quite likes having a daughter she can talk about.

Great stuff SG! Glad to hear you are healing some relationships with your Mum.

capnhowdy 08-03-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 585785)
Congrats! Can't wait to see it. That makes 4 of us, I think, who ride.

I've hardly parked it long enough for pics since I picked it up Sat. AM..... I'm going outside to try some in the dark now. If it don't work out I'll get some maybe tomorrow.
BTW... I'll be in Sav'h Sat. 8/08 for a Moose lodge Legion meeting. I'll be with a group of fellow officers and I'm not sure about the schedule yet. If I can break away from biz long enough I'll let you know via laptop. A lot of ifs right now.... will know more soon.

TheMercenary 08-03-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnhowdy (Post 585874)
I've hardly parked it long enough for pics since I picked it up Sat. AM..... I'm going outside to try some in the dark now. If it don't work out I'll get some maybe tomorrow.
BTW... I'll be in Sav'h Sat. 8/08 for a Moose lodge Legion meeting. I'll be with a group of fellow officers and I'm not sure about the schedule yet. If I can break away from biz long enough I'll let you know via laptop. A lot of ifs right now.... will know more soon.

No problem. I have a 48 hour shift 8/9. Friday night would be my only possiblity unless you are around the following week, just let me know.

Can't wait to see the pics.

capnhowdy 08-03-2009 08:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Pics not too good tonight... will get some tomorrow in daylight.
Attachment 24361

Attachment 24362

ZenGum 08-04-2009 12:33 AM

VROOOMMMMM! :D