The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Flint 10-06-2008 02:49 PM

Thanks. It's by far the coolest object I've ever puchased; by a factor of, like, 10 probably.

Shawnee123 10-06-2008 02:50 PM

Hondas are great. Congrats.

Flint 10-06-2008 02:56 PM

What's funny is, I'm jealous now--because I'm not even driving it. Now I drive the '02 Accord, and the new uber-vehicle has all the carseats etc. and stays with Pooka.

Shawnee123 10-06-2008 02:59 PM

It is an unwritten law: the woman always gets the best car. It's not unlike the man killing the bugs; we women accept the modern chivalries with pride! :)

Flint 10-06-2008 03:00 PM

Well, that's okay--she owes me, like, so many blowjobs now.

Shawnee123 10-06-2008 03:05 PM

:lol:

Pooka 10-06-2008 03:39 PM

I never thought a minivan could be such a luxury... I mean this thing has leather interior, a 6 cd changer, accomidates mp3 players, has a DVD player, has temp controls for every passanger, hell it even warms your arse...

Of course it also has the car seats in it too now... which means they go where I go... there is no excape... but at least I dont have to squeeze sideways between them when we have a guest along for the ride.

Its a really sweet automobile and Flint is a real sweet man for buying it for me. I'm real proud of him and all he's accomplished... he is pretty amazing. I'm pretty sure I owe him more than blowjobs... lol but I'm sure he'd be happy to capitalize on them anyway.... hahaha

The car is bitchin'

Shawnee123 10-06-2008 03:43 PM

He's a man, there is nothing "more" than blowjobs!

Seriously, my brother and his wife and their 3 young ones have found the minivan to be soooo much more convenient and practical.

HungLikeJesus 10-06-2008 04:39 PM

Plus it will give you a place to live when you lose your home.

Aliantha 10-07-2008 07:08 PM

Porridge mark II

lumberjim 10-07-2008 09:52 PM

let's have a picture of the new family truckster then!

Sundae 10-08-2008 03:58 AM

Good news/ bad news.

I was originally told I could move out any time, as long as I was gone by Friday evening (when the pub has it's farewell party). I chose Tuesday as one of my colleagues offered that day to move me. However she had to change her plans so I agreed Friday with her instead.

So far, so logical. Except I didn't tell John, thinking it was much of a muchness to him.

So I got back to the pub last night and John looked at me baffled and said, "What time are you moving?" To which I replied blithely, "Oh no, it's going to be Friday now."

"No it's not," said John.

I never really got to the bottom of why the room had to be vacated immediately, but it did. I managed to persuade him to make it first thing Wedsnesday morning, but I know he wasn't happy. I knew I was at fault - after all he's done I felt I let him down right at the very end. This was proved by the fact he didn't offer a singler hand this morning, whereas he usually would.

So I was up at 06.45, went scouting for a shopping trolley and did the old back and forth just like last time! Gloria was in when I made my second drop off and kindly went to get her car to get the final load. The only thing left is the bookcase, but I figure John can cope with that for a couple of days (I did ask him if it was okay and he agreed).

All my stuff is here at work in varying shabby piles. Diz is in the meeting room for the time being because 1) he doesn't get on with Hely and vice versa and 2) he can't be trusted not to run off now.

It's not ideal - but in the end the only other thing I could have done was take the day off to move. What I've done isn't professional, but the latter would be far worse.

Anyway, on to the happy part. I know the room is available - I was going over to pick the key up tonight anyway. So I'll take an overnight bag and Diz (unless I can get a lift - please, please!) and move in. The worst part of the move is done. Friday latest, Dragana will move me properly. In the mean time I've bagged up 2 black sacks of clothes for the charity shop. I've "found" some clothes in my current size that are ideal now the weather is cooling down. I've hauled everything (except the bookcase!) out of the pub and I sleep tonight in my new bed.

Moving is grim, but I'm halfway there. And there's never as much of a trauma unpacking as there is packing.

Now just gotta wait til the bosses arrive and see what they say... :thepain:

Trilby 10-08-2008 05:54 AM

Sundae-you've been thru so much, so much, and you've been nothing but graceful, kind and elegant. I am glad to say I am your friend.

Peace on you and your new place! Much happiness to be found there.

Shawnee123 10-08-2008 07:37 AM

What Bri said!

If there is anything even remotely resembling karma (though I know you don't believe in that sort of thing) your blessings should come hard and heavy, once they come. And I believe they will.

Sundae 10-08-2008 10:15 AM

They're okay here about it - just trying to work out who is going to drive me over there.
Might have to stay the night here...

I'm happy because I did my business with the poop-scooper.
I used cling film (saran wrap?) in the end
Dropped off at the docs.