The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

zippyt 05-01-2011 05:56 PM

No Doubt!!!

Griff 05-01-2011 06:21 PM

Fresh outa the oven!

monster 05-01-2011 06:46 PM

baby goatses!

Tulip 05-02-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 729504)
Carols Mothers day Present ,
Now if we can Just have some time that it ISN'T Raining BUCKETS to set it up !!!

thought you already have one? btw, great prez!

Sundae 05-02-2011 05:50 AM

Griff they're gorgeous.
Congratulations Goatpapa.

I am happy because I have filled the house with an intense smell of choc.
I'm doing a practice castle cake.
If all goes well I shall make another for the school May Fayre this Sunday.
I'll take pics as I progress. It's due in the staffroom tomorrow, but it'll be a hardy soul who tries any, given the scabby face I'm currently presenting.

Still, am hoping the chocoholics on the staff will dive in anyway.

Only issue so far - not sure if it will taste as good as it smells.
I tinkered with the recipe a little, hoping to get it to be quite dense. But the batter had a slightly funny taste to me. Hmmmmmn.

Anyway, currently cooling.
When completely cool I'll be making the circle into a square (I could not justify buying a square tin just for this cake. Monster would be proud) and at that point I'll get to taste.

After that the fun bit - decorating!
No doubt I'll rue that sentence when I'm posting at 21.00, chocolate in every nook and cranny, completely fed up of the brown stuff and unhappy with the result....

No! It's the happy thread! I am happy!
I'm certainly smelling happy smells anyway.

Clodfobble 05-02-2011 07:54 AM

Aww, look at the little goats falling down! That video made my morning, Griff. Very nice.

monster 05-02-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulip (Post 729598)
thought you already have one? btw, great prez!

The other one is zip's -now they have his 'n' hers

Sundae 05-02-2011 11:39 AM

Diz is still alive.

Just had a £201 adventure with him.
Choking on some chicken. His tongue was turning blue.
Emergency vet fees, oxygen, a shot of antibiotics etc.

I am happy about the outcome of course - despite a finger punctured in 4 places, a completely wrecked acrylic and 4 months worth of debt to my Dad.

It's just the kind of happy where I am going off to cry in my room. I may be some time.
And someone furry is going to get a lot of loving, watery looks.

monster 05-02-2011 12:15 PM

Was there a bone in it? Glad he's ok

Nirvana 05-02-2011 12:37 PM

Awww Poor Diz and poor you! Some things are worth more than money!

Trilby 05-02-2011 12:45 PM

I'm so glad Diz is ok! and Nirvana is right on - some things are worth more than money and Diz is one of those things! :apaw:

monster 05-02-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 729761)
:apaw:

I love that smiley. We need a goathoof one for griff

:apaw: :apaw:

morethanpretty 05-02-2011 12:56 PM

Just got an offer to go from a contractor to a full time employee with the company....that means benefits!

I'm happy...but there is a part of me that is unsure, I have been very unhappy with my job lately.

More details after I get off work....

DA DA DUMMMM!

Sundae 05-02-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 729744)
Was there a bone in it? Glad he's ok

No bone, but it was a wing joint, with gristle.
He's been with me five years and has always chewed them up. This time he gobbled and it got stuck. The vet thought it was part of a chicken THIGH! Crikey, I'll take the blame but it wasn't that bloody big!

NO chicken for Diz. I have a lot of frozen chicken wings I might need a marinade for.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana (Post 729755)
Awww Poor Diz and poor you! Some things are worth more than money!

No, he's not. I have told him if he ever runs up a bill like that again I will simply bash him on the head with a shovel and bury him in the garden. This is more than I paid for him. I used to threaten both my boys with being shovel-killed and buried in Quuens Park when we all lived in Leicester. And that's when they weren't even costing me money, just keeping me awake!

This is why I have cats not children. They have no idea of the anger that comes from being really really scared about someone/ something you love...
He has no idea what I'm saying to him when I'm angry.

lookout123 05-02-2011 02:38 PM

My parents got me a kindle for my birthday. I'm still one of those weird guys who likes to turn the pages on real books but now with the kindle I can read the self published and out of circulation books I've been wanting to read for some time now. So exciting.