The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

BigV 11-13-2007 05:56 PM

you're new here....

so you prolly don't know that in consideration for the coffee drinkers in the house, you should precede jokes that make you *snort* or bwahahahaha, like that one, with the little warning SCF. It means, Swallow Coffee First. woulda saved me a little mess here.

Not that I'm complaining!

Tink 11-13-2007 10:05 PM

Clean up on aisle 5!

Spexxvet 11-15-2007 01:04 PM

I'm not involved in Mea Culpa

Michaela 11-15-2007 01:04 PM

I just resigned from that. Good God! And I'm a pot stirrer?

Sundae 11-15-2007 02:36 PM

I have Water Workout tomorrow
and I'm looking forward to it

so two goods in one!

just realised the 20th is coming round again fast
now worrying there won't be any more difference than there was last month
but excited all the same - slow and steady wins the game

you know what? I think my mood is picking up!

lookout123 11-15-2007 02:40 PM

glad to hear it SG

shina 11-15-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 407459)
I have Water Workout tomorrow
and I'm looking forward to it

Good for you! I used to do that and it is tough! At least for me. Go get 'em!!

Chocolatl 11-15-2007 03:00 PM

Feeling Valuable

I've been interning at a middle school this semester, teaching 8th graders one day a week. Today was my last day, and most of the kids were actually sad to see me go. My host teacher had the kids sign cards for me, and I also handed out blank pieces of paper and asked them to write any advice they wanted to offer.

A lot of the "advice" was about not assigning homework and making sure to give out candy at any opportunity, but I think a lot of them also showed some serious thought. One student wrote "A good teacher is someone who is caring (treats the students like their own kids)." Another wrote "Don't yell at the students, they get really upset even if they don't show it."

My favorite line, though, was a statement in tiny handwriting inside one of the cards:
"I hope someday you can be my teacher."

bluecuracao 11-15-2007 03:11 PM

That is so sweet, Choco. You obviously made a really good impression on those kids.

Sundae 11-15-2007 03:15 PM

Well done Chocl, I am sure you deserved it.

Now this is a bit Bridget Jones, but today I found sausages that are only 2.2g fat. Now I'm not a big sausage eater - dumped them when I dumped the rest of my processed diet - but I'm going to freeze them. Sausage with poached egg & beans - pretty good impression of a friend breakfast. Sausage sandwich with brown sauce - ultimate binge treat without the related binge. Grilled sausages cooled and chopped into pasta sauce.

Oh I am a happy sausage child today. Also got a chilli & chocolate marinade. May have to think that one through in a while....

DanaC 11-15-2007 03:22 PM

Pilau now hates you. He is green with envy

bluecuracao 11-15-2007 03:24 PM

How can you tell with all that fur? lol

HungLikeJesus 11-16-2007 10:23 AM

Tomorrow morning we head for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, for two weeks. The vacation actually starts tonight, as we'll go to a hotel near the airport and leave our car there.

I'll have my computer, but probably no internet. I hope you don't all forget me while I'm gone.

kerosene 11-16-2007 10:44 AM

Have a great time! Perth and I went there for our honeymoon. It was great fun. Just don't get your wallet stolen in the Houston Airport like we did.

DanaC 11-16-2007 10:56 AM

Hunglike who? :p