The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

DanaC 11-17-2007 04:21 AM

oh good idea. I'd also be interested in any geordie quirks you come up with too:P

DucksNuts 11-17-2007 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 407744)
It's a girl! (Well, they're 90% sure anyway, there was this pesky umbilical cord in the way...)

Congrats Clod on the pink!!!

I heard "its a girl" for the many many weeks after ultrasound confirmation. Imagine my surprise when at 35 weeks I saw a penis on the ultrasound!!

Aliantha 11-17-2007 04:59 AM

did you dye all the pink things purple? lol

LJ 11-17-2007 08:42 AM

I'm going to surpise my boy with a trip to a football game tomorrow....

I'm not going to tell him where we're going.....just take him there. He's been to a couple Phillies games, but never an Eagles game. It would have been better if it was the Cowboys, but I couldnt get 2 for that game and it was a night game anyway. The Dolphins are coming this week, so it should be a decent game between two struggling teams.

Gotta figure out where to stop and get a couple of good hoagies on the way to the game....diet be damned.

xoxoxoBruce 11-17-2007 12:38 PM

Will they let you take hoagies into the game or do you have to eat them ahead of time?

LJ 11-17-2007 12:46 PM

they let food in...in clear bags.

Quote:

Prohibited Items and Behavior
In conjunction with the National Football League and for the safety of our Guests and employees, the following are prohibited:
Smoking (except in designated areas)
Bags larger than 12 x 12 x 12
Alcohol
Animals (except service animals to aid Guests with disabilities)
Bottles, cans and beverage containers of any kind
Thermoses
Food not wrapped in clear plastic*
Hard sided coolers*
Umbrellas
Fireworks, firearms and weapons of any kind
Footballs
Laser Pointers
Noisemakers
Signs or flags on sticks or poles
Strollers**
Video cameras and the use of video capable cell phones
Ticket scalping
Abusive, foul or disruptive language
Throwing Objects
Trespassing, soliciting, peddling and loitering
Any other item or action deemed dangerous or inappropriate
Guests who appear to be inebriated and unmanageable will not be permitted admittance into the stadium.
Any attempt to bring alcohol into the stadium will be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct and may result in the Guest being ejected, arrested or tickets being revoked. All persons and/or their belongings are subject to search. Violators of the rules of any State or City laws will be refused admission, asked to leave or ejected from stadium property.

*Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs.
**Strollers must be checked at a Guest Services Center located on the concourse behind Sections 121, 136, 206 or 226.

Ibby 11-18-2007 06:30 AM

I'm typing this right now on my NEW iPod touch!

TheMercenary 11-18-2007 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJ (Post 408078)
they let food in...in clear bags.

I bet people still sneak alky hall in there. :D

ZenGum 11-18-2007 10:43 AM

Re: banned items at the football.

Does it mention beating off on the scoreboard? Maybe that comes (sorry) under "action deemed ... inappropriate".

In Austra-ya, smuggling booze into the cricket is half the fun. Of course the gatekeepers remove tops from drink bottles and sniff the contents. Clever types have taken to using hypodermic needles to inject vodka into oranges, or preparing watermelons by cutting a hole, pouring in vodka, freezing it, and taking slices of frozen melon in the esky (icebox).

ZenGum 11-18-2007 10:56 AM

Making me happy RFN is my new pair of pants.
It has got cccoollllllddddd here recently, and today I stopped by a shop and found some nice warm pants: thick wool with some kind of lining (synthetic? satin?), very well made, fit well ... and only 1100 yen (about $10).
They're not very stylish, but they're aren't mean to be cool, they're meant to be WARM. And they are ! :)

DucksNuts 11-18-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibram (Post 408202)
I'm typing this right now on my NEW iPod touch!

If you werent so cute...I'd hate you right now :)

Aliantha 11-18-2007 05:07 PM

They wouldn't let people take watermelons into the gabba this year.

I think they're onto that scheme.

I don't know about the oranges though.

jinx 11-18-2007 06:23 PM

I got a brand new niece/nephew set this morning!

ZenGum 11-18-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 408355)
I got a brand new niece/nephew set this morning!

Congratulations!

Relatives: collect the whole set!

Clodfobble 11-18-2007 09:01 PM

Sweet! Congrats to your sister, jinx!