The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's bumming your stone today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18359)

BigV 04-19-2009 01:57 AM

the dog

footfootfoot 06-20-2011 04:41 PM

Cancer has been a busy little beaver lately. Yesterday I found out that an long time friend just died of breast cancer and today I found out that my closest aunt died of lung cancer.

Jeez. What's next?

Rrrraven 06-21-2011 12:58 AM

People who yell at me on the phone in the course of my workday.

And blisters.

infinite monkey 06-21-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 741062)
Cancer has been a busy little beaver lately. Yesterday I found out that an long time friend just died of breast cancer and today I found out that my closest aunt died of lung cancer.

Jeez. What's next?

Sheesh foot. I'm so sorry. :(

Fuck cancer.

BigV 06-21-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rrrraven (Post 741101)
People who yell at me on the phone in the course of my workday.

And blisters.

You were right, you know it.

DanaC 06-21-2011 04:41 PM

Fucking stupid bastard sodding eczema. Or, more accurately, the fucking stupid bastard sodding eczema creams that ruin all my clothes.

Every time I put a load of washing in, maybe 20% of it comes out usable. Everything else is covered in thick grease mixed with powder. Wash it two or three times, doesn;t seem to help. Tried all kinds of detergents and powders. The only ones that ever work are the ones I can't fucking use because they set my skin off. And even they don;t get rid of it all.

Again today, I put some washing through at mum's house and out of the entire load, there's two tops and one pair of jeans that are wearable. Three times they went through. Once on the hottest possible wash. Most of it came out caked in grey globs of grease, and all the seams (even on the 'wearable' clothes) are greyed with grease.

I've searched online for solutions but nothing seems to work. I've tried all sorts of additives (oxy stuff etc) and nothing fucking works.

Just so fucked off and tired of it all.

sexobon 06-21-2011 04:57 PM

Did your online research include the contacting the manufacturers of the creams? They must have received similar inquiries before and their chemists should be able to offer a solution if one exists.

DanaC 06-21-2011 04:59 PM

Hmm. No, but I think I'll give that a go. Thanks!

ZenGum 06-21-2011 08:43 PM

Dana: nudism.

Pix pls.

Pico and ME 06-21-2011 09:19 PM

Can you use Dawn dish soap?

casimendocina 06-26-2011 07:14 AM

3Foot, that really sucks. Fuck cancer!

Dana, hope that Sexobon's suggestion provides information that solves the problem. You've probably tried this, but would some kind of thin undergarment like a long sleeved singlet etc... which you could then wash separately be of any use in protecting outer clothes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 741302)
Dana: nudism.

Pix pls.

Zen: not only smart, but practical as well...

DanaC 06-26-2011 07:42 AM

Yeah, you'd think the undergarment thing would work right? *smiles* something aboutthis hydrous ointment means it just gets everywhere!

I contacted the manufacturers. Their only real suggestion (though they were lovely about it) was to place a piece of parchment paper over the clothing and iron over it, so it lifts the grease off.

I think they think I am talking about a few spots of grease lol. Actually it's everywhere on everything, into the seams and in the cloth. I'd have to iron every inch of every item of clothing/bedding, from the smallest ankle sock to the largest bed sheet. Aside from the fact I'd have to use a forest's worth of paper for each wash, it'd take frikkin hours.

I'm investigating some of the 'tricks of the trade' that mechanics and engineers use to get tha engine grease out of their overalls.

@ Zen: In your dreams honey pie :p

casimendocina 06-26-2011 07:53 AM

:( What a bugger! Hope the mechanics/engineers can assist.

xoxoxoBruce 06-26-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 742042)

Mine too... mine too. :yesnod:

footfootfoot 06-26-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 742042)
Yeah, you'd think the undergarment thing would work right? *smiles* something aboutthis hydrous ointment means it just gets everywhere!

I contacted the manufacturers. Their only real suggestion (though they were lovely about it) was to place a piece of parchment paper over the clothing and iron over it, so it lifts the grease off.

I think they think I am talking about a few spots of grease lol. Actually it's everywhere on everything, into the seams and in the cloth. I'd have to iron every inch of every item of clothing/bedding, from the smallest ankle sock to the largest bed sheet. Aside from the fact I'd have to use a forest's worth of paper for each wash, it'd take frikkin hours.

I'm investigating some of the 'tricks of the trade' that mechanics and engineers use to get tha engine grease out of their overalls.

This is the shiznit. it will take out oil stains that have been washed and dried. Rub it into the fabric, then launder as usual with laundry soap. See if you can get this in the UK. There are other Gojo flavors, but lemon is the only one with the ability to remove washed and dried oil stains.
http://www.cardealerdepot.com/ProductImages/0905.jpg