The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

orthodoc 11-29-2012 07:15 AM

You're back! How was the trip through the desert (you survived, always a good thing!)? Do you have travel pics to share?

infinite monkey 11-29-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 840834)
I rode a cyclamen once, but I fell off. After that, I rhododendron.

Did you like, write that? 'Cause I wrote my joke. Hey, maybe you and I should take our bikes on the road. No one seems to want to risk being part of my comedy tour: Infinite Monkey, Infinite Madness! You're a risk taker.

Oh, and welcome back. ;)

Sundae 11-29-2012 03:50 PM

Just found what looks like a really good recipe for Chicken Dhansak (except for the addition of Mr Huda's Curry Paste, which I will not be buying especially - the curry paste I have will suffice.)
And tomorrow is payday.
They go together as I'll have to buy 500g chicken, but even separately they work as Good Times.

Will make on Saturday when the 'rents are at Mass.
Ha ha, will come home to delicious chickeny smell and there won't be none for them!
Like last week when they came home with a spur-of-the-moment KFC and there weren't none for me!

No, I'm not that petty ;)
Dads doesn't like well spiced dishes and Mum hates lentils, so I'd only be cooking for myself anyway. I'll be storing/ freezing any leftovers and they will be more than welcome to eat them of course. Still, I might warn Mum that there will be a curried breeze on Saturday evening, just so she makes sure to have something nice in to counteract it.

BigV 11-29-2012 04:20 PM

nothing.

ZenGum 11-29-2012 04:25 PM

Hiya folks!

There will be pictures in the Sun/blotted thread, eventually. Gawd, the mess I have to sort and clean and stow. FAWET part 2.

Infi, those two puns were sourced from the theme song of a gardening radio show on local ABC radio in Canberra about a decade ago. But, like, I reused them in a an original way. :blush:

footfootfoot 11-30-2012 10:56 AM

the inch is 9 today.

glatt 11-30-2012 11:03 AM

9 is a good age. You're still a kid, but you can do stuff and you have confidence.

footfootfoot 11-30-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 841020)
9 is a good age. You're still a kid, but you can do stuff and you have confidence.

Exactly. This morning he had his cuddly acting as second in command to his small army of toy soldiers.

Clodfobble 11-30-2012 11:49 AM

Happy birthday to the inch!

orthodoc 11-30-2012 12:09 PM

Happy Birthday, inch! Happy day to all.

Nirvana 11-30-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 841018)
the inch is 9 today.

Getting "Closer" to 10! HB Inch! I hope his cuddly "Nails" the war strategy!

[/ridiculous me]

Undertoad 11-30-2012 12:32 PM

Once he hits 12 he'll be an official foot.

Sundae 11-30-2012 02:31 PM

Tried to make an origami box at BOSC the other night.
Okay I was made it out of ICT scrap paper tray rather than card, but it was very trying.
All under the questioning eyes and brain and non-stop questioning of William. Who I have a lot of time for, but yes he is trouble and I worry about what will happen to him in future.

Anyway, it was from an American website and the measurements were in inches. Turns out we have no rulers in the school which show inches any more. So I did it the old-fashioned way. Online with a translation calculator ;)

I made a hash of it anyway.
And in fact the sheet has to have so many folds to set up the shape that even the expert version in the photo looked a little like it had been sat on - just with crisper corners and a top that actually closes.

Oops, I dropped mine on the floor and accidentally stood on it. William, in full knowledge of how deliberate my action really was, laughed like a drain.

Anyway, the last part made me happy.
The first bit was exposition.

Writing out my grocery list for tomorrow.
That does make me happy. Def making the dhansak. Not buying ghee for it either. But am still expecting Nom.

classicman 11-30-2012 02:37 PM

HB inch.

glatt 11-30-2012 03:33 PM

My drawing came today! It looks way better in person than the excellent picture kerosene sent me.

Now for the perfect frame...