The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Trilby 09-09-2008 03:57 PM

I find living alone absolutely darling.

Just me and my neuroses.*

*and, an occasional son or two.

Shawnee123 09-09-2008 04:04 PM

I love living alone...it's not about that.

It's about he has no one on earth and if I kick him out I don't know where he would find to go.

HungLikeJesus 09-09-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 482473)
What time do you feel like cooking?

I marinated a pork tenderloin and cooked it on the grill about two hours ago. The left-overs are in the refrigerator.

elSicomoro 09-09-2008 06:50 PM

It was a beautiful day in St. Louis today--70 degrees and clear skies. My relief came in 45 minutes early, so I took my car over to get it squeaky clean. I made decent money today and I just got a nap in!

DucksNuts 09-10-2008 05:44 AM

I have a sleepover tomorrow nite with Horse dude....ohhh....we are having a rendezvous in a neighboring town on the river.

:D

Sundae 09-10-2008 05:52 AM

Yay Ducks!

I'm just feeling good today.
Remembered to bring my pork buns in today - we don't have a steamer in the pub, but we do at work. Char Sui for lunch, nom nom nom.

I feel even better because I woke up very unhappy. Coming in here, doing a good job (I have been working hard) has cheered me up no end.

Also, I was tempted to sleep in and not wash my hair. Don't get me wrong - it wasn't crawling off my head or anything, but it was due a wash. Forcing myself up into the shower and knowing I was clean from top to toe with all new clean clothes on is a big factor in feeling good about myself.

I'm happy I am able to push myself these days. There was a time when I really couldn't. One day I hope it will just be unthinkable not to - as I'm sure it is for 90% of the population.

ETA - I bought the wrong buns :mecry:
Damn Chinese and their chicken scratch writing.
They looked right, they tasted right... but no pork inside!

Yup, no pork in my buns. Saying it before anyone else does.
Non pork buns still yummy, but not really lunch

Shawnee123 09-10-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 482509)
I marinated a pork tenderloin and cooked it on the grill about two hours ago. The left-overs are in the refrigerator.

Though that sounds great...I can't tell you how wonderful the corn on the cob and cantaloupe were. It's just getting to the end of the season and I went to the farm market (the one where I worked all summers in HS and college) and got the bi-colored (yellow and white) corn and it was sooooooooooo good!

Serious foodgasm.

HungLikeJesus 09-10-2008 11:31 AM

Yeah, that sounds good. I wonder if corn is a vegetable? I must go look.

According to Wikipedia:

Quote:

Generally speaking, a herbaceous plant or plant part which is regularly eaten as unsweetened or salted food by humans is considered to be a vegetable. Mushrooms, though belonging to the biological kingdom Fungi, are also generally considered to be vegetables, at least in the retail industry.[1][2] Nuts, seeds, grains, herbs, spices and culinary fruits are usually not considered to be vegetables, even though all of them are edible parts of plants.
So I guess I do eat vegetables. Though I don't understand the reference to "unsweetened or salted."

jinx 09-10-2008 11:37 AM

Corn is a grain.

HungLikeJesus 09-10-2008 11:38 AM

Bacon is a vegetable.

Sundae 09-10-2008 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 482752)
So I guess I do eat vegetables. Though I don't understand the reference to "unsweetened or salted."

If you put sweetener on it, it's generally not a vegetable.
If you put salt on it, it's generally a vegetable.

Makes sense.
I accept there are many variations inc salted plums, candied yams etc, but it's a general rule after all.

HungLikeJesus 09-10-2008 12:06 PM

SG, you're right. My reading comprehension is lacking today.

glatt 09-10-2008 12:06 PM

What's a tomato?

Sundae 09-10-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 482790)
What's a tomato?

Fruit by classification, vegetable by treatment.

jinx 09-10-2008 12:12 PM

Its technically a fruit isn't it.
I realize there are different ways to classify, but I personally don't consider starchy/root vegetable to be true veggies - when I planning a meal I mean. Tomatoes would be veggie.... but I often mix fruits and veggies together with wild abandon anyway...