The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

DanaC 05-10-2009 04:06 AM

Well done Bullitt!

(oh and I don't think I said congrats to Choco did ? so...congrats!)

Aliantha 05-10-2009 04:20 AM

Good stuff Bullitt. :)

DucksNuts 05-10-2009 04:35 AM

YAY Bullitt....much congratz

Bullitt 05-10-2009 05:13 PM

Thanks all! My brother from Cincinnati got to come up for the weekend as well, which was cool since we don't see him much anymore.

jinx 05-11-2009 09:25 AM

Just got back from having the kid's portfolios evaluated - all requirements fulfilled. Yay. Another year under our collective belts.

Congrats to the graduates!

monster 05-11-2009 09:39 AM

Congrats. Does that mean that school stops now? Do you have a set number of hours/days you have to get in?

jinx 05-11-2009 09:45 AM

No, we can't stop yet, we do have to meet for the required number of days (or hours, but we do days (180)), but we can switch over to more of an 'unschooling' program. I make them keep up with math, even thru the summer, but we'll also just be playing outside, taking hikes, cooking etc... we've done everything that we need to document.

lumberjim 05-11-2009 09:52 AM

excellent! good job kiddos! and especially you, hunny!

classicman 05-11-2009 10:24 AM

congrats

Sundae 05-11-2009 01:41 PM

I've just reviewed the information which will be submitted in support of my Disabled Living Allowance application. It's taken 3.5 hours to get to this point. By the time we double check it, update the times and dates of my last appointments - which I have weekly - and got together the documentation it will be well over 4.

Still, the hard work is done. No more sessions focussing exclusively on what I can't do, on the negative effects of my needs, on what I need help with. Urgh - talk about negative reinforcement :greenface

Of course once it's sent off it takes up to 40 working days to be reviewed and an assessment made. Here's hoping it will have been worth it.

Chocolatl 05-11-2009 05:25 PM

Congrats Bullitt!

DanaC 05-11-2009 05:46 PM

Sundae, let me repeat my earlier warning: don't be put off if they knock you back 1st off. It's not unusual (in my borough) for a claim to be refused and then granted at 1st appeal. On the plus side the appeals are usually sorted out quite quickly.

DanaC 05-11-2009 05:55 PM

What's making me happy: I've managed to hit an average of 4 portions of fruit and veg a day *smiles* for about the last two weeks. The last 3 days I've managed at least 5 and probably pushed it up to 6 yesterday.

Made a lovely meal with roasted vegetables and mushrooms, stirred through pasta with spring onions, sweetcorn, creme fraiche and wholegrain mustard. Yesterday I did something similar and the day before I stir fried some veg, with a pasta sauce thingy and served with garlic bread. Have rediscovered tinned fruit. Easy to grab and surprisingly good at satisfying the munchies.

This is all making me happy, because I am starting to feel a little healthier. I seem to be getting on top of the eczema flare and fighting off the infection without going back onto anti-biotics. Some of that is no doubt the fact that stress levels aren't as bad as they'd been just after Dad died; but I'm pretty sure the healthier diet and resuming Pilau's countryside walks have both helped, along with getting a decent night's sleep 2 out of 3 nights (going to bed at 11pm and winding down with an audio book).

I have a hell of a lot more energy the last few days.

ZenGum 05-11-2009 07:56 PM

anything to do with having finished your thesis, by any chance?

DanaC 05-12-2009 04:43 AM

Somewhat, yes lol.