The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Sundae 05-01-2014 11:15 AM

On a completely different level, Gerry Adams (advocate of terrorism and murder) has been arrested and questioned for murder.

Ha
Ha
Ha

Good.
Even if it is "proved" he is innocent of this particular murder I am still pleased he's been degraded and inconvenienced. He's not been orphaned, made a widower or blown into pieces after all.

Shame on those who shook his hand, the blood will not come off.

Carruthers 05-01-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 898073)
On a completely different level, Gerry Adams (advocate of terrorism and murder) has been arrested and questioned for murder.

Ha
Ha
Ha

Good.
Even if it is "proved" he is innocent of this particular murder I am still pleased he's been degraded and inconvenienced. He's not been orphaned, made a widower or blown into pieces after all.

Shame on those who shook his hand, the blood will not come off.

Give it a day or two and he'll 'walk'.

What worries me is all the others who were released from prison under the terms of the Good Friday Agreement getting up to their old tricks.
Some will be too old to present much of a threat but others won't, and it won't take much to spark it off again.

Sundae 05-02-2014 12:55 PM

Finished work today.
My usual pattern of working hard right up until the second I was due to leave.
I thought I might actually get away with it this time, and do what everyone else seems to do - use their last day like a lap of victory, hugging and saying goodbye and all that.
No. I had to cover on Meat & Fish.

Ah well, the customers got good service, which is after all what I'm paid for.

Anyway, got a voucher (bless Lauren for that, I told her I needed the money more than wine, flowers etc) a card and some chocs. Gave chocs to Mum. She was really pleased.

Going to miss the people. And my regulars. And not being thought posh because of my accent.

Both the Beccas were there to see me off.
Both said lovely things. Becca W thinks I'm terribly erudite, which is terribly seductive as im as erudite as I am posh.

New start, new life, new location, new new new.
OMG

BigV 05-02-2014 01:37 PM

O.M.G.

It's gonna be a crazy ride, hang on!

Clodfobble 05-02-2014 01:47 PM

You can do it! And I'm glad all these posts have been in the "happy" thread instead of "apprehensive" or the like. You have a good outlook, and I believe that always gets us 99% of the way to a good outcome.

glatt 05-02-2014 01:47 PM

Bravo!

You're off on new adventures.

limey 05-02-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 898182)
O.M.G.

It's gonna be a crazy ride, hang on!

You've seen me driving, haven't you ;)

Sent by thought transference

xoxoxoBruce 05-02-2014 05:03 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing. :haha:

infinite monkey 05-03-2014 11:11 AM

You go, girl! :cheerldr:

Making me happy: a friend just made me listen to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me on NPR. Damn funny. Paula Poundstone is the awesome.

lumberjim 05-03-2014 01:24 PM

Polo shirts start Monday. No ties. Woot.

Spexxvet 05-05-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 898275)
Polo shirts start Monday. No ties. Woot.

Is that a seasonal thing, or permanent?

footfootfoot 05-05-2014 12:55 PM

Home girl is moving out at the end of the month and I'm moving in. kids go to true 50-50.

The monthly nut will jump from 6 bills to 11, but I will figure out how to swing it.

BigV 05-05-2014 05:05 PM

great news indeed~!~~~~!~!!~

glatt 05-05-2014 05:31 PM

Excellent! You put your blood sweat and tears into those walls. You deserve it.

Aliantha 05-05-2014 06:12 PM

Great news. :)