The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Clodfobble 08-06-2008 04:03 PM

I made a pasta salad last night that kicked ass! But what's really making me happy is Mr. Clod liked it too--he and I seem to have polar opposite tastebuds; if I love something he's bound to hate it, and vice versa. So it's always a big victory when I find a recipe we both like.

Flint 08-06-2008 04:17 PM

He's supposed to suffer in silence, living out the rest of his years never telling you that he secretly dislikes your mother's meatloaf recipe.

But congratulations on the pasta.

May you be touched by his noodley appendage. :fsm:

Tink 08-07-2008 11:26 AM

Off early today to go volunteer at a Fashion Fundraiser for the Starlight Children's Foundation and vacation day tomorrow.

TheMercenary 08-08-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 473862)
Sundae, good goin' honey:)

Merc, that's good news, you must be relieved to be back in the saddle :)

Thanks, I really am glad. The true test will not happen til regular 15's starts in a few weeks.

Sundae 08-08-2008 09:21 AM

Just cheered our team on entering the Bird's Nest.
Okay, so they can't hear me, but it's a big thing for me - I watched the entrance of the teams every Olympics.

I was proud to see they didn;t have mobile phones or cameras. Good for them - enjoy it the old fashioned way.

We watched the Opening Ceremony at work for inspiration. There were a lot of elements there we are familiar with, having worked with the British Chinese Community all year. Including the bizarre fondness of the Chinese for bagpipes...?

I was the only one left to watch the teams entering, and even I felt I should bow out after I saw ours. Although I've just caught the USA from my desk. HUGE cheer went up, they all look really hppy and bouncy. Nice white caps and big teeth :) Seriously, they always put on a good show.

BigV 08-08-2008 11:26 AM

Tomorrow is Saturday. Big day!

happy, eh.... not well kindof, but nervous excitement is more precise.

heavy on the nervous

Juniper 08-09-2008 01:07 AM

I just finished my last paper for my political science class. whoo hoo!

Stress Puppy 08-09-2008 07:19 AM

Magic.

Elspode 08-09-2008 04:48 PM

I'm happy today because last night, Selene and her partner Kaleigh were handfasted in our magickal backyard. Over 70 of our friends and loved ones were in attendance. The ceremony was conducted by my very good friends Mike Nichols (globally known Pagan author and researcher) and Jeff (aka Thorgo, former coven brother and Selene's first new High Priest as of last Friday), with me calling East in conjunction with Kaleigh's best friend (who had never done such a thing).

Kaleigh's parents were in attendance. They are wonderful people. They had previously supported Kaleigh in her first "marriage" to her now-ex partner some ten years ago - a full blown marriage replete with printed invitations, gifts and the whole enchilada sans legality. Despite their inherent lack of understanding of our poly lifestyle and the polyfamily that it creates, they were completely onboard with their unqualified love and support for their daughter. Side note - Kaleigh's 60 year old mother is *hot*.

The ceremony was vastly more elaborate than the handfasting (and wedding, for that matter) that Selene and I had. At the last minute, our accquaintances The Blue Pipers (a wonderful gay male couple) volunteered their services, and piped the new couple into and out of the circle. Many bubbles were blown at the end of the ceremony...can't wait to see the pics taken as the photographer entreated the assemblage with "more bubbles! more bubbles!", and I supported him by yelling, "Blow me hardies, blow, damn ye!"

We lit a fire and grazed on numerous tasty finger foods, played music through the PA, and had drumming and fire spinners. My own partner Ruairi (Tree Fae) and I were asked several times when we, too, would grace our community with a similar ceremony...but we aren't at that point - yet.

It was a profoundly perfect evening. Once again, we have imbued our covenstead with energy, love, and sharing.

I truly wish you could have all been there with us as we formally added a new member to our extended family.

HungLikeJesus 08-09-2008 05:43 PM

Elspode - I was thinking about you last night when I watched "Season of the Witch," which is not a typical George Romero film. It wasn't what I expected, but I liked it.

morethanpretty 08-09-2008 06:51 PM

Congratulations Els and to everyone else involved!

Chocolatl 08-09-2008 07:03 PM

Bubbles! Sounds like it was a beautiful event, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of those pictures. Best wishes for Selene and Kaleigh.

jinx 08-09-2008 07:06 PM

Sounds lovely Splode, can't wait to see the pictures *cough*..

Elspode 08-09-2008 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 475170)
Sounds lovely Splode, can't wait to see the pictures *cough*..

Cough? Howscome?

jinx 08-09-2008 09:04 PM

Because I want to see them.... and I'm a little surprised you didn't include any in your post.