The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Gravdigr 09-27-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 876922)
That is some high clover! ;)

Nice shot Pop!

I'll pass that on to Pop. I put an extra clover or two in there to cover his protruding tongue for the squeemier Dwellars.

But not that many! If it weren't for clover we would have just dirt.

Chocolatl 09-27-2013 09:46 AM

I will continue to imagine that this deer has stuck its head through a hedge and settled in for a nap. ;)

busterb 09-27-2013 09:02 PM

Went to wal-not today to return 2 items and bitch about being charged for another which I didn't get.
No one was in line and the lady was an old classmate of mine. Smooth.

DanaC 09-28-2013 09:47 AM

Carrot has now been meds free for 5 days, hurrah!

Ever since he had that really bad groin strain injury about 7/8 months back he's been on pain meds. Initially quite high doses then bringing the dose down with a view to weaning him off. Every time I got near to the weaning off part of that journey he had another accident or injury and the dose had to go back up (though not as high as the first time) and start the whole process again.

Or, as with recent months, I'd get down to a very low dose and he'd start displaying pain based behaviours and so I'd know I was bringing him off too soon.

That's a long time for a young dog to be on pain meds, even though we're talking quite low doses mostly.

I'm so happy he's now drug free, and crossing my fingers there won't be any more incidents to put him back on them!

Also: at his last hip assessment (a few weeks ago) Rhona the hydro vet was really pleased with his progress. She said she'd be happy to sign him off now if I wanted that, though she'd be happier to see him again towards the end of November just to see how he is as we head into the season of bad weather and therefore less exercise. So, I'm taking him back then.

All in all things are looking up for my little Carrotchops. He is now allowed any length of walk I want to give him, and has off the lead exercise most days (though she said i still need to weight it towards lead walking, and have free runs as an addition to that, since the stepping is better exercise for him than the bunnyhop running he does when free).

Other than being a bit careful about him playing with other dogs unless I know their playstyle or they're too small to take his back end down, he is now living a 'normal' life *smiles*.

Chocolatl 09-28-2013 09:53 AM

Hooray for Carrot! That's great news. :)

Nirvana 09-28-2013 11:33 AM

>love< for Carrotness! :)

Sundae 09-28-2013 12:36 PM

Dani that's splendid news.
Love to the Chops.

limey 09-28-2013 01:16 PM

Great Carroty news! :D

Sent by thought transference

Griff 09-28-2013 01:22 PM

Good dog!

Got a call this morning, Benny is a big brother! Most of the litter is called for but if anyone wants a smart, gorgeous, very busy dog, I can give you a phone number. These dogs need work and room to roam so self-select on that.

DanaC 09-29-2013 10:48 AM

Thanks guys:) He's a proper happy little chap. And even more so since mum got Nellie. They adore each other. When we're out walking, they'll be side by side and suddenly he'll just turn his head and lick her face in sheer joy.

@ Griff: awwww. What breed pups are they?

Gravdigr 09-29-2013 11:39 AM

Yay Carrot!

Slick and I are very lucky. He's eighteen, and doesn't really need anything, and has always been relatively healthy (knocks wood). The only things that have ever afflicted him were a bout of stones, (that has been taken care of with prescription kitteh food), and two teeth that grew in sideways, and had to be pulled. He came home both times drunk as Foster Brooks, his front and hind feet weren't communicating well, at all.:lol2:

Griff 09-29-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 877612)
Thanks guys:) He's a proper happy little chap. And even more so since mum got Nellie. They adore each other. When we're out walking, they'll be side by side and suddenly he'll just turn his head and lick her face in sheer joy.

@ Griff: awwww. What breed pups are they?

Border Collie/ English Shepherd mix. They are all black and white Benny knockoffs with the same parents.

Griff 09-29-2013 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)

DanaC 09-29-2013 12:51 PM

Oh my word. I think I'm in love.

fargon 09-29-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 877638)
Oh my word. I think I'm in love.

"