The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

footfootfoot 02-14-2013 04:48 PM

I thought they were bracelets. Seriously. I couldn't figure out why the wrist looked so unwrist-like.

Nice bling!

Nirvana 02-14-2013 04:54 PM

Jim took my words! Shiny! :O Very nice Limey!

And Sundae you are as juicy as a plum :) Anyone would be lucky to pick you!

Aliantha 02-14-2013 06:40 PM

I got my car back after a week of no car. I am happy. :)

Pete Zicato 02-15-2013 11:28 AM

Taking a day off.

Griff 02-15-2013 11:28 AM

ditto

DanaC 02-15-2013 12:04 PM

Jan's thinking of doing a masters at my uni, so when I went in for my office hour today, the two J's were in the foyer for the open day. We had a coffee together and a natter before I went to the office and they went off for the funding talk.

was kind of nice seeing them on my turf so to speak. Made all the nicer by the way lots of people coming through the foyer said cheery hallos to me.

One of those 'yes, this is where I belong' moments :P

Mind you...this is in theory the last year of my PhD...no idea what I'll do after. So...may not belong for very much longer lol

BigV 02-16-2013 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 851007)
In other news--

My aunt is in the hospital. I am taking my mom to go see her. This is a *serious trip*. She's sedated to stop the seizures enough to get the medicine in her. She's on a respirator. My uncle called me this morning to tell me she's in the hospital. It's the latest trip of many after a fall where she smacked her head. The swelling did not respond to moderate interventions, so two weeks ago she had major brain surgery. She'd been home a week, today, when she started seizing again.

My mom had a major stroke in 1997 and traveling with her is an ordeal. Having her only sister dying in the hospital will make the traveling seem like an insignificant distraction. I don't know how long I'll be gone. I need to get all this shit together then call my uncle with the details of our itinerary.

I feel powerless to help, immersed in busy work, unable to relieve any of the anguish they're suffering. Now to my list. :cry:

Going home today. Wheels up in a few hours. I'm tired, sad; my aunt died. But I did my best for her and my uncle and my mom and that makes me happy.

Knowing I'll see Twil and the rest of my family in a few hours makes me very happy.

DanaC 02-16-2013 05:56 AM

Well done V. You did right by your people.

*hugs*

Safe trip home hon.

BigV 02-16-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 851146)
Hello from Denver.

Goodbye to Denver

Come on SEATTLE!!!

orthodoc 02-20-2013 05:05 AM

Wrote a midterm yesterday that I'd honestly thought I couldn't manage. It wasn't my best work but I got it done. Small victories. Two more to go this week. (That prospect isn't making me happy but ... one half-day at a time. What would make me truly, deliriously happy: a good night's sleep.)

Sundae 02-20-2013 05:23 AM

Diz is eating again.
He's more lively.
And HE DID A POO!

I think he is on the mend.
Really wish I could have taken him to the vet, but it does look like it was just a bug.
Need to start a Diz Welfare Fund (ha ha ha - me saving!) so I never have this worry again.

Also had my scan today.
Don't get the results until next Thursday.
But at least it's out of the way.
She proper jabbed it in under my ribcage though. Ouch.

Well done, V. Did what you had to.
Ditto, Ortho, just in a different way.

orthodoc 02-20-2013 07:01 AM

Glad to hear that Diz is on the mend, Sundae. I hope your scan results next week are good. Any chance of you posting more of your excellent menus and even a few recipes? I don't have enough energy yet to cook at night but reading your healthy menus keeps me looking forward to it.

@V, a wearing week but important and well done. You must be glad to be home.

footfootfoot 02-20-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 853666)
Wrote a midterm yesterday that I'd honestly thought I couldn't manage. It wasn't my best work but I got it done. Small victories. Two more to go this week. (That prospect isn't making me happy but ... one half-day at a time. What would make me truly, deliriously happy: a good night's sleep.)

You know what they call the woman who graduates at the top of her class?
Doctor.

You what they call the woman who graduates at the bottom of her class?
Doctor.

If they gave handicaps for chemo brain on papers and exams I'm sure you'd have aced it.

xoxoxoBruce 02-20-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 853666)

Has anyone told you you're absolutely fucking amazing, lately? :corn:

orthodoc 02-20-2013 12:35 PM

Thank you, foot and Bruce ... I don't feel amazing, just so exhausted that I could lie down on the floor and go to sleep at any given moment. Except at night, when I lie awake staring at the ceiling until sunrise! Chemo definitely messes with Circadian rhythm. But thanks for your encouragement; it's been a disheartening few weeks. One half-day at a time.