The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Pete Zicato 04-24-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 862344)
Also, I just decided to stop calling it "my" stroke. No-one says "my" car accident.

Maybe it's a regionalism. I hear it around here. "My back just hasn't been the same since my accident." "Got my new car today. They had to total my old one after my accident."

I look forward to hearing what you come up with. I can't seem to find anything that's better than, "My Crohn's disease is really flaring up today."

xoxoxoBruce 04-24-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 862328)
So I am torn between gratitude and excitement and genuine sympathy.

They just wanted to make sure you didn't pop in during their orgy. ;)

Quote:

I got pissed with people who suddenly noticed my weightloss after the stroke...

They decided they could say what they wanted, because there's nothing to fear from a skinny monster. :haha:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 862364)
I can't seem to find anything that's better than, "My Crohn's disease is really flaring up today."

Maybe it'll be, These whipworms are working wonders". :fingerx:

Pete Zicato 04-24-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 862371)
Maybe it'll be, These whipworms are working wonders". :fingerx:

Yeah. It's a real thing. But I think I'll wait to see the results of double blind tests.

monster 04-24-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 862364)

I look forward to hearing what you come up with. I can't seem to find anything that's better than, "My Crohn's disease is really flaring up today."

Nothing special. Just "the stroke". anyone can have one, it's not something special I accomplished, I don't want it any more. I'm sending it to the used stroke shop like a bad fashion choice. ;)

Pete Zicato 04-24-2013 10:03 PM

Ah. I tried that on for size and it didn't suit me. I felt like my Dad, talking about "the" war.

monster 04-25-2013 07:37 AM

I'm still working with it. I might just call it Millicent.

infinite monkey 04-25-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

wearing size 8 jeans -and they're kinda slipping down a little. weird. I got pissed with people who suddenly noticed my weightloss after the stroke -I jokes I just didn't slow down enough for them to notice before......guess I'm experiencing the same thing. i saw the numbers change on the scale, so I "knew", but I guess I didn't really notice until I started trying to be active in the same old clothes :lol: I've never worn this size before, even pre-sprogs or as a teenager.

Also, I just decided to stop calling it "my" stroke. No-one says "my" car accident.

Finishing that tri did wonders for my perspective and self-esteem, apparently :D

Your quote is appropriate. I likey.

You go on with your bad skinny mini self. At some point, I plan to go get me some tenacity. It's great, what you've accomplished.

Sundae 04-25-2013 07:45 AM

I'm super-happy with my size 16 jeans. I wore 22 for over a year.
I'll never get down to a size 8. No envy because of the health issues.

My aim is 14.

chrisinhouston 04-25-2013 09:13 AM

My Craig's list ad for an old lawnmower got quite a bit of response yesterday with 5 people contacting me within an hour of posting the ad.

Here it is:
http://houston.craigslist.org/grd/3764264408.html

I attempted to sell it last month and got no responses so I wrote a more interesting sales pitch. It's actually a true story.

glatt 04-25-2013 09:41 AM

That's good ad copy. It has just enough detail that you sound trustworthy. You explain its flaws upfront. If I were in the market, I would gravitate towards that ad. And $40 seems like a bargain.

footfootfoot 04-25-2013 10:05 AM

This is the line that closes the deal:
Quote:

Just look at that lawn and you can tell that I am a man who knows about lawnmowers and growing a nice lawn even if we are having a drought.
Great ad.

chrisinhouston 04-25-2013 11:23 AM

Just had a call from a man who sounded Nigerian who said he really wanted my lawnmower but he lives 60 miles away and doesn't know how to fix lawnmowers and what is my bottom price... I hate when they ask that... just come and see it and make an offer I told him.

He also said my lawn in the pictures looked great and what was my secret!

glatt 04-25-2013 11:48 AM

He was trying to talk you down from $40?!

Pete Zicato 04-25-2013 11:55 AM

I don't need a lawn mower. But I wouldn't mind you looking at my lawn and telling me what's wrong. :D

Clodfobble 04-25-2013 01:34 PM

People on craigslist will try to talk you down from anything.... And if you post it for free, they'll try and talk you into delivering it to them.