The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's bumming your stone today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18359)

infinite monkey 01-30-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 952548)
Should have went to the river today. Sat in the house all damn day.

I'm a lazy bastidge.:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 952550)
No no, http://cellar.org/2012/nono.gif a rugged individualist, you did what you wanted, not what you maybe should have. If you try hard you can probably think of a dozen things that would have made you more productive, but that's not what you wanted, so fuck it.

I'm hoping you buy this so I can use it myself. :blush:

Yes. You're ok, grav.

Gravdigr 01-31-2016 11:38 AM

I'll take your word for it.

anonymous 02-01-2016 11:55 AM

Tired of being scapegoat, and tired of people who screw up acting dumb about it, and covering up that by being a bitch, and letting others assume it's the newer girls fault. Stupid newer girl.

:mecry:

I'm so fucking tired of it all. What they say about city/county workers? It's pretty true.

BigV 02-01-2016 10:47 PM

ALSO! though I "quote" Clodfobble only because it's so similar:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 952502)
You have all of us to share it with. It's not the same as touchy-sexy-pillowtalk intimacy, I know, but it is something. You've accomplished making friends of a sizable group of people.

Sundae 02-02-2016 04:51 AM

I've had a cold for at least a month now.
I have a coldsore and can't find my coldsore lotion, so it's throbbing and hurting.
I'm cold and hungry and feel like I'm failing at life (again!)

I think that covers all the bases.

Gravdigr 02-02-2016 09:48 AM

Daaaayum, refrigerator's have gotten expensive.

:speechls:

limey 02-02-2016 10:09 AM

Bummers all round anon, Sundae and Grav :(

BigV 02-02-2016 09:23 PM

round things with holes in them, bumming my stone today

2 Attachment(s)
after breakfast, before work
Attachment 55096

after work, before dinner, after $650
Attachment 55097

turns out I can change a tire in 20 mins, under dry conditions, including time to park and text boss at start and end.

orthodoc 02-02-2016 10:52 PM

Back and leg pain that won't settle without high dose steroids. Some relief today with the 'roids. Waiting for X-ray report, although it won't show anything useful. I'll give the roids a week or so, and if the pain just comes back it'll be time to see the onco.

xoxoxoBruce 02-02-2016 10:58 PM

I hope it miraculously goes away. Any chance it's stress and not sleeping well?

orthodoc 02-02-2016 11:06 PM

Don't think so, I've had that for the past 2 years. ;)

I'm putting my money on hope for a miraculous reversal too. It came on right on Christmas Day and has only ebbed a bit twice with steroids. I didn't take them more than a few days, though. Hopefully 7-9 days of roids will settle this.

xoxoxoBruce 02-02-2016 11:55 PM

Hope so. If that doesn't work maybe a few days of drunken debauchery might help. I'm sure 3foot would help you execute that plan, warm and wonderful human being that he is. I'd be happy to send champagne. :blush:

Griff 02-03-2016 06:16 AM

Above a motivational level stress is nobody's friend. Take care of yourself.

What'd you hit V?

orthodoc 02-03-2016 06:43 PM

Roids are helping so far - have to see what happens when the taper starts tomorrow. Practicing mindfulness and reading some inspiring material. Sounds sappy but it helps me sleep. Xrays show multi-level degenerative changes, motion segment instability - lots of problems that really piss me off. It could all be due to this, and hopefully is. If it persists beyond steroids though, I'll need an MRI to be sure there isn't other stuff going on. Xrays don't show that until late in the game.

If it's there, it's there. Nothing I do in the next week or so will change that, so I'm just enjoying the roid relief (and staying up very late due to roid insomnia). If it's not there, I'll have to figure out an approach to all this degenerative crud. It could interfere with running my new practice; can't have that.

BigV 02-03-2016 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 952813)
Above a motivational level stress is nobody's friend. Take care of yourself.

What'd you hit V?

I hit nothing. You can see the rim is unscathed. I believe I was hit by a sniper's bullet. Or an asteroid. Or some damn thing. The tire's brand new. Was brand new. I'd just put air in all four the night before. I drive modestly all the way to work. Who knows. I was 90% of the way to work, felt some vibration... whaa??? then I smelled hot rubber. Shiiiiit. Onto the shoulder (just two lanes in this stretch, some guardrail, some serious ditches). I put the hazards on and carefully rolled onward another one or two tenths and found a safe spot to install the spare.

After work, straight to the tire store. I said fuckit and just bought four of the same tire (one level up in their menu of choices, Toyo Ultra 9000). I can't have tires fail. I have no other reasonable options for getting to work, whiny details elsewhere.