The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Sundae 08-17-2008 02:18 PM

I move tomorrow.
I'm still in a shaky position - I'm moving into the pub I work in.

John could easily "do a HM" and ask me to move without notice.
AND
The pub is for sale and technically I could be out with 24 hours notice (though we ALL know even a cash sale takes longer)

BUT

I know I only have a couple of months hard saving to move somewhere more stable.
I am right on hand to take up any extra shifts and therefore earn more money.
I am allowed to bring Diz with me (I daren't admit how much I was worried about this in case people thought I wasn't taking the situation seriously enough)
I can still walk to work therefore saving while I am earning

Tonight is my last night on the office sofa (I haven't been home since a row last Monday night). It's taken me this long to sort out the practical matters. I@ll go and collect Diz after work tomorrow. If HM is there is will try to verbally agree and time and date to collect my things. If not I will leave a note.

Which means tomorrow is the last time I have to wash my hait in the work sink :) Then again - I managed to colour it again in such. WI;; take a pic.

Chocolatl 08-17-2008 02:26 PM

Good luck with everything, Sundae! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

limey 08-17-2008 04:34 PM

Hey, SG, congrats on the move. Keep looking after you and, as I said, don't let this set-back set you any further back than the minimum. Hugs'n'all! :grouphug: :hearts:

Clodfobble 08-17-2008 05:50 PM

Good for you for staying level-headed about the whole thing and sticking with your jobs. I think you're going to come out way ahead in the end.

Aliantha 08-17-2008 09:36 PM

I'm happy about the 1 hour facial I just had. Very relaxing.

Aliantha 08-17-2008 09:37 PM

Oh, and we sold our old house which settles today, so we'll be a little bit richer after 2.30pm today.

FStop 08-18-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 476712)
I move tomorrow.
I'm still in a shaky position - I'm moving into the pub I work in.

John could easily "do a HM" and ask me to move without notice.
AND
The pub is for sale and technically I could be out with 24 hours notice (though we ALL know even a cash sale takes longer)

BUT

I know I only have a couple of months hard saving to move somewhere more stable.
I am right on hand to take up any extra shifts and therefore earn more money.
I am allowed to bring Diz with me (I daren't admit how much I was worried about this in case people thought I wasn't taking the situation seriously enough)
I can still walk to work therefore saving while I am earning

Tonight is my last night on the office sofa (I haven't been home since a row last Monday night). It's taken me this long to sort out the practical matters. I@ll go and collect Diz after work tomorrow. If HM is there is will try to verbally agree and time and date to collect my things. If not I will leave a note.

Which means tomorrow is the last time I have to wash my hait in the work sink :) Then again - I managed to colour it again in such. WI;; take a pic.

Good luck, kiddo. Baby steps, now. Hope everything turns out alright.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :beer:

Tink 08-18-2008 11:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hawks won in OT Saturday. It doesn't get any better than this!

SteveDallas 08-18-2008 12:38 PM

Pfft. Still preseason.

Tink 08-18-2008 01:11 PM

Correct. But what a way to start. Football fanatic I am.

binky 08-18-2008 01:41 PM

The kids went back to school today!

DanaC 08-18-2008 04:11 PM

Sundae, you're handling all this so well, honey. I'm so impressed. Brilliant news that you can take Diz with you. I doubt anybody would think you weren't taking the situation seriously wer you to express fear at the possibility of not being able to take him with you. We all understand how important he is to you.

Pilau sends supportive thoughts about sausages and gravy bones. Hope that helps.

BigV 08-18-2008 04:31 PM

Finding this:

Quote:

ScooterAnderson:
Is your BIOS clock changed? Reboot into BIOS and check it there. Also, thoroughly scrub your EV:System logs for any W32Time or related events. If the clock is getting changed in Windows, it should be logged in there...
Accepted Solution

04.23.2008 at 01:57PM PDT, ID: 21425314

Paka:
You probably have a DST bias issue. To clean your registry of time related items open a command prompt on that machine and type:
net stop w32time
w32tm /unregister
w32tm /register
net start w32time

Reboot and logon and your machine will synchronize with it's authenticating domain controller and then periodically (no other configuration is necessary).
Assisted Solution
turns out this was the case. very hard to find. I have been up for several minutes now without a time reset. yay me.

Still not sure about ability to login, though...or rather, how long my ability to login will last.

HungLikeJesus 08-18-2008 04:43 PM

I just took a mouse for a ride on my motorcycle. That almost always cheers me up, and is usually a new experience for the mouse.

This one seemed particularly pleased.

Razzmatazz13 08-18-2008 04:55 PM

First day of school! I like my classes and teachers so far, my child development class is going to be scary for me because it's only about 15 kids at most, and there's supposed to be a lot of presentations and group work...but after being mortified out of my own skin the other night because I ended up the center of attention (which I am not good at with adults/peers, only younger kids) I'm hoping that I'll get a bit more out of this major than I originally thought: The ability to talk when people are looking directly at me. Doesn't sound like a big thing but trust me...it is.