The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

BigV 06-27-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 742268)
I was really happy about something only a half hour ago and now I don't recall what it is.

Fuck it, I'm watching a movie.

chinese food?

footfootfoot 06-27-2011 11:51 PM

HAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA11!!

casimendocina 06-28-2011 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 742146)

Now if my back would stop hurting ...

Chi realignment?

monster 06-28-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 742268)
I was really happy about something only a half hour ago and now I don't recall what it is.

Fuck it, I'm watching a movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 742279)
chinese food?

:lol:

limey 06-28-2011 11:07 AM

Getting stuff done. And lovely weather.

jimhelm 06-28-2011 11:59 AM

I set wheels in motion that put our Office Manager in a new car with more options and lowered her payments by $15/month.

I see a roast beef swammich from Bread&Bagel in my near future.

footfootfoot 06-28-2011 12:09 PM

We're trying to discourage the use of food as a reward. Maybe she could give you a handjob in a stationery closet?

Griff 06-29-2011 10:18 AM

This made me happy.

My partner has been threatening to get a helmet camera set up. The video is set in Virginia where riding has a different (but still awesome) feel. Around here the hills are steeper making both climbs and descents more technical. Our trails have more roots and rocks so smooth speed runs like the video shows are fewer but very appreciated. Mtn biking is a very "local" sport you build a set of skills for what you ride. What passed for mtn biking in the Olympics was no more that a long flatteneded pump track, a fun fitness activity but no connection to local terrain.

Sundae 06-29-2011 12:40 PM

One sleep til payday (even if it's all allocated)
Two sleeps til my birfday.

And I have prizes already delivered from Dani and a card from another Dwellar, so I'm making out like a bandit this year :)

Also Friday at school is a sponsored bounce for the children, all good fun.
They get to bounce on a bouncy castle for a minute - most are simply sponsored a flat fee, but the TA's (which includes me) are counting those who are sponsored per bounce. Sounds like a fun birthday to me!

Oh and all sponsorship to MacMillan Cancer Fund, a trust very close to my heart as you'll all understand.
There is a large variation in amounts pledged, but it looks to average out at £7 per child - over £2000 across the school.
That's pretty damned cool.

Fucking cancer with every bounce.

Might as well put it here, although it's not quite happy news:
Tennant's Mum - thyroid cancer - is going into hospital next week for radiation treatment.
I can't work out whether it's one week or two or even more; I thought I knew, but have been told different things by different people. She has to be in isolation, especially from her son.
The consensus seems to be she will not be able to see Tennant until after the end of term.

She came in yesterday for a visit with Mrs P, and got his end-of-year report.
I've printed out the school dinners menu until the end of term (as Grandma doesn't use a computer).
She knows what he is to wear on Sports Day and Grandma and Great-Grandma are coming to cheer him on.
Tennant is in the same house as Tiger, so I'll be looking after both of them on the day.

Still, boy without Mum (single parent).

We'll do our best of course.
And at least he'll have the normality of a school day.

And Mum is very matter-of-fact.
"I just have to get throught this"

Well hopefully you can FUCK CANCER Tennant's Mum.

morethanpretty 06-29-2011 11:33 PM

not sure if this is happy or not
broke up with b/f completely, totally this time

morethanpretty 06-29-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 742525)
One sleep til payday (even if it's all allocated)
Two sleeps til my birfday.

And I have prizes already delivered from Dani and a card from another Dwellar, so I'm making out like a bandit this year :)

Also Friday at school is a sponsored bounce for the children, all good fun.
They get to bounce on a bouncy castle for a minute - most are simply sponsored a flat fee, but the TA's (which includes me) are counting those who are sponsored per bounce. Sounds like a fun birthday to me!

Oh and all sponsorship to MacMillan Cancer Fund, a trust very close to my heart as you'll all understand.
There is a large variation in amounts pledged, but it looks to average out at £7 per child - over £2000 across the school.
That's pretty damned cool.

Fucking cancer with every bounce.

Might as well put it here, although it's not quite happy news:
Tennant's Mum - thyroid cancer - is going into hospital next week for radiation treatment.
I can't work out whether it's one week or two or even more; I thought I knew, but have been told different things by different people. She has to be in isolation, especially from her son.
The consensus seems to be she will not be able to see Tennant until after the end of term.

She came in yesterday for a visit with Mrs P, and got his end-of-year report.
I've printed out the school dinners menu until the end of term (as Grandma doesn't use a computer).
She knows what he is to wear on Sports Day and Grandma and Great-Grandma are coming to cheer him on.
Tennant is in the same house as Tiger, so I'll be looking after both of them on the day.

Still, boy without Mum (single parent).

We'll do our best of course.
And at least he'll have the normality of a school day.

And Mum is very matter-of-fact.
"I just have to get throught this"

Well hopefully you can FUCK CANCER Tennant's Mum.

Fuck cancer. Fortunately thyroid cancer is very treatable. Strange that she is in isolation though, my mom had to have radioactive iodine and says she was never told to be separate from us.

limey 06-30-2011 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty (Post 742634)

Well done you!!!!!! Yay! Stick to it!

glatt 06-30-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

:thumb:

casimendocina 06-30-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

It will be. Hang in there.

footfootfoot 06-30-2011 08:13 AM

Mort, I am recusing myself from commenting on the awesomeness of your decision.