The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Gravdigr 07-14-2014 11:33 AM

Nothing. Nothing is making me happy today.

lumberjim 07-14-2014 11:44 AM

TRY THIS

Gravdigr 07-14-2014 02:05 PM

You can start trying. :lol2:

ETA: I thought personal threats were frowned upon here. Or is that another one that applies to just me?

glatt 07-14-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 904591)
Nothing. Nothing is making me happy today.

Sorry to hear it. I hope your day improves.

Sundae 07-14-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 904620)
I thought personal threats were frowned upon here. Or is that another one that applies to just me?

I'm sure it was meant to raise a smile. Although TBF, LJ has been known to tell people to just rub some dirt on it, Mary.
Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 904627)
Sorry to hear it. I hope your day improves.

I'm in the Glatt camp on this though.

The sun'll come out, tomorrow.
As will Lola's boobies.

[Disclaimer, this probably will not be photographed]

orthodoc 07-14-2014 07:48 PM

Diz looks like he's plotting major evil. Although maybe he was just blinking. ;)

And, my daughter is also doing an online course that she is persuaded will bring her a career that will enable her to earn a living wage.

To which I say, huzzah.

Lola Bunny 07-14-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 904628)
I'm sure it was meant to raise a smile. Although TBF, LJ has been known to tell people to just rub some dirt on it, Mary.

I'm in the Glatt camp on this though.

The sun'll come out, tomorrow.
As will Lola's boobies.

[Disclaimer, this probably will not be photographed]

You wanna see my bobbies? I'll show you my boobies! It's only fair since I've seen yours numerous times. PM me your email (although I should have it) for me to verify it, so I won't be sending it to anyone else by mistake. While you're at it, give me your new addy too. :D

On the happiness topic, should we feel happy each day? I thought we just live each day and if we're lucky, something makes us happy that day. And if we wake up on the wrong side of the bed, like me today, actually since this weekend, we just feel all pissy for no good reason.

orthodoc 07-14-2014 09:17 PM

I think the happiness topic should mean that we recognize and acknowledge the sources of happiness in our lives. A sense of gratitude.

fargon 07-14-2014 10:06 PM

I feel happy to be in the presence of such wonderful people.

Sundae 07-15-2014 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Bunny (Post 904661)
You wanna see my bobbies? I'll show you my boobies! It's only fair since I've seen yours numerous times. PM me your email (although I should have it) for me to verify it, so I won't be sending it to anyone else by mistake. While you're at it, give me your new addy too. :D

Much as I would love to see your boobies, I'm afraid I can't be trusted with such a valuable photo. Once the bidding goes over £100k I can't promise not to take it.

I will pm my email and addy though.

Lola Bunny 07-15-2014 09:50 AM

Maybe I should auction it to keep that £100k for myself. :D

lumberjim 07-15-2014 10:36 AM

lumberjim 07-15-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 904620)
You can start trying. :lol2:

ETA: I thought personal threats were frowned upon here. Or is that another one that applies to just me?

I wasn't even thinking of the 'slap yer shit' aspect... that song just makes me happy for some reason.

Carruthers 07-16-2014 11:59 AM

This morning I received one of those brown envelopes with an address window, guaranteed to strike terror into the heart of every UK taxpayer.

On this occasion HMRC, which doesn't stand for Her Majesty's Robbers & Crooks, have, in their infinite wisdom, decided to give me back some of my own money. The Lord be praised.

The statement within told me that I had paid too much tax last year and that they would be sending a cheque in the next few days. How gracious of them.

Given the appalling state of the nation's finances I just hope that they can meet their own cheques. It would be rather embarrassing to have one returned stating 'refer to drawer'.

Anyway, the score at full time:

Carruthers 1 HMRC 0 :thumb:

Sundae 07-16-2014 12:55 PM

Every now and then some rich journo/ presenter says with great authority, "But no-one uses cheques these days anyway!" Hahahahahahahahahaha.
As someone whose luck and finance fluctuates like someone in a soap opera, I've had more than one Govt cheque. And financial institutions like them as repayment too, knowing most people can't get to a bank during the week, or can't be arsed if it's below a certain amount.
Not me of course - I'd bank a cheque for 66p! In fact I redeemed a Sainsbury's coupon for 2p (one of those price comparison ones).

Glad to hear you've had what you're due anyway.
Hope it's enough to buy yourself a new sauna suit :)