The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is pissing you off this time? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18362)

Lamplighter 09-07-2010 02:40 PM

Right now, this
It's like Google giving you an electroretinogram

Clodfobble 09-08-2010 12:23 AM

It will not stop fucking raining! Our back porch has a couple inches of standing water already. Nevermind that we were supposed to get to take the kids out on a boat the day after tomorrow, at this point I'm starting to worry about flooding through the back door...

xoxoxoBruce 09-08-2010 01:47 AM

I'm glad that tornado missed you.:eek:

elSicomoro 09-08-2010 01:48 AM

I'm not really pissed...just...I dunno...just wish I had a better timeframe.

Basically, I will be out in Kansas City until at least the end of this month, but possibly until December. Don't get me wrong...I volunteered to stay as long as necessary. I think the bosses in St. Louis could have a better idea though.

Based on how things have been going, I'd say maybe by the middle of next month, things should be stabilized.

DucksNuts 09-08-2010 06:30 AM

Another week until I get paid!! That means I havent been paid for the past 2 weeks, the move cost me $1k more than I bargained for and I am paying rent and mortgage :::massive sad face:::

casimendocina 09-08-2010 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 681164)
I am paying rent and mortgage :::massive sad face:::

Can definitely sympathise. Have you found tenants for your old place?

squirell nutkin 09-08-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 681128)
It will not stop fucking raining! Our back porch has a couple inches of standing water already. Nevermind that we were supposed to get to take the kids out on a boat the day after tomorrow, at this point I'm starting to worry about flooding through the back door...

If the rain keeps up, you may not get to take the kids out on a boat the day after tomorrow, you may have to take the kids out on a boat the day after tomorrow.;)

DucksNuts 09-09-2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casimendocina (Post 681165)
Can definitely sympathise. Have you found tenants for your old place?

Yeah, they move in this weekend!

Im sooooo broke...but I will get through it without sponging off the dude or my parents.

casimendocina 09-12-2010 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 681349)
Yeah, they move in this weekend!

Im sooooo broke...but I will get through it without sponging off the dude or my parents.

If it gets desperate, we can send you a casserole (or something)...

was just thinking if we were in Japan, we could send you food that needs to refrigerated via Koorubin which is the cold store postage. The vans were yellow and had a huge pelican on the side. It made me smile everytime I walked past one. The normal postage was called Yukokubin (if I remember correctly)and was written in more difficult to understand hiragana and kanji.

Aliantha 09-13-2010 09:20 PM

I'll tell you what's pissing me off this time.

My FARKING neighbour who has been burning off fuck knows what for the last two days. I'm about ready to go hose him down!

DucksNuts 09-14-2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 682212)
I'll tell you what's pissing me off this time.

My FARKING neighbour who has been burning off fuck knows what for the last two days. I'm about ready to go hose him down!

Ohhh, is that illegal up there? Apparently it is down here....

Before I moved, I thought I would burn the rose clippings and grass clippings in my little burn pile....woke up at 5am, so got it going before daylight and as I was standing out watching it around 8am (being responsible :) ), I heard the fire alarm ...thought to myself...they are doing their usual testing as it stopped pretty quickly....I keep poking the smouldering heap and heard a fair amount of traffic noise in the street.

Poke my head around the corner of the house and BAM!!! theres 2 fire trucks, and 10 fireman out the front...they all growled at me and told me I could be fined $265 for burning in my back yard and took my details.

Apparently my neighbours complained about "toxic smoke", I dragged one of the firemen back to show him what was causing the toxic smoke, but they still growled at me.


Casi - Thank you :) I have plenty of food, fuel is a bit of an issue, but I found a $10 note in my jeans (Woot!) so we should survive until Friday and I get paid.

casimendocina 09-14-2010 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 682267)

I found a $10 note in my jeans (Woot!) so we should survive until Friday and I get paid.

Excellent!

xoxoxoBruce 09-14-2010 01:53 PM

It was the least I could do. :blush:

Aliantha 09-14-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 682267)
Ohhh, is that illegal up there? Apparently it is down here....

Yep it's illegal, but the cops don't seem to care too much as long as no one complains. They're just on the next street, so they would have been able to smell it.

They're not doing it today, so that's a blessing. I think they were burning a stump out although I'm not sure. Anyway, hopefully it's all done now.

Let me know if you need any help Ducky. I know moving is very expensive and I feel your pain. xo

HungLikeJesus 09-14-2010 10:19 PM

That's just how they dispose of their hobos.

By the way, where's Shawnee?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.