The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Queen of the Ryche 04-16-2009 04:32 PM

Lookout is making me happy today. He is on Fi-AH!

Sun_Sparkz 04-16-2009 06:19 PM

I just got my $900 "Tax Bonus" for the economic stimulas package.
And am co-incidentally on holidays at the Gold Coast - Hawwwwww Yeah!

theotherguy 04-16-2009 07:16 PM

I'm going home tomorrow. Happy.

SteveDallas 04-16-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 557039)
We are dropping the kid off at a babysitter so we can meet a friend to celebrate her 40th birthday today by throwing back a few margaritas.

:yum:

Why would you throw them back? Were they not legal?

Queen of the Ryche 04-16-2009 09:49 PM

PrincessOTR was recomended for the "advanced" first grade class next year. It's a new program they implemented two years ago at her school - It's not the same as "Gifted & Talented" but in conjunction. In short, out of 150 kindergarteners they chose 20. I am so proud of her, and nervous. But I know she will do well - I think she's bored now and would thrive with motivation to excel. I am one super duper proud mommy!!! Thanks for letting me share.

Aliantha 04-17-2009 12:08 AM

Max got a very lovely soft bunny in the post today. It came from a dwellar in GA! Can you guess who it was?

Thankyou to that very special person. :) It's beautiful. I'll post a pic of it in the Max thread later on.

LabRat 04-17-2009 09:03 AM

Apparently, 40 is the new 21. I am happy, nay, ecstatic that I am not my friend this morning.

Wow.

Even her husband said he's never seen her that drunk before. My second happy is that I wasn't wearing new shoes last night ;).

glatt 04-17-2009 09:26 AM

Ew.

Tiki 04-17-2009 11:20 AM

I feel sorry for her because she has a cold, but my housemate has lost her voice. :evil2:

Queen of the Ryche 04-17-2009 12:57 PM

Karma, Tiki! Congrats! Hope it lasts!

Sundae 04-17-2009 01:33 PM

My new friend is making me happy today.
She knows how hard it's hit me being discharged from 7 days a week care to one visit every two weeks :(

So she invited me to come along on her son's playgroup's day out at a local open farm.
So this Tuesday I'll be there like her fat lesbian partner ;)
But I'll get to meet her son, play with the animals, meet new people and I hope take some photos for you.

And support her of course - she's by no means out of the woods herself yet (she is still at the day centre three days a week).

This making friends thing. I think I like it. It seems so long since someone I liked actually liked me back. Present company excepted of course, I have real friends here I know.

SteveDallas 04-17-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 557183)
My second happy is that I wasn't wearing new shoes last night ;).

Wait, you got a photo for the "what do your shoes look like" thread, right?

zippyt 04-17-2009 03:38 PM

The AC Compresser I didn't finish in a week or so ago because it started raining ,
I had the system sealed up ( freon lines) but the new compressur just wouldnt fit back in the same spot ,
well this morning I was standing there , hand on the compressor , looking down into the engine bay to see what I could Loosen or shift to Make it fit , I guess I was holding my mouth right or wiggled the compressor just right , it just went Bloop and fell in to place,
I thought No F**King WAY !!!! But the bolts Lined up JUST right ,
I just got finished chargeing it up , and the AC is COLD !!!!!!!!
:jig: Zippyt doing the HAPPPY Dance :jig:

Ill check the pressure in a few days to see its still holding

Queen of the Ryche 04-17-2009 03:52 PM

I love the "Bloop" sound effect! I can hear exactly how that sounds! Congrats.

Undertoad 04-17-2009 04:15 PM

I completed ripping my CDs to FLAC format. 525 of them.