The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

HungLikeJesus 05-16-2008 07:09 PM

I do, I do, I do have high-speed internet.

SteveDallas 05-16-2008 07:23 PM

This fucking week is fucking over.

HungLikeJesus 05-16-2008 07:32 PM

Be careful crossing the street.

elSicomoro 05-17-2008 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Sundae 05-18-2008 04:35 PM

Yay for you Syc!

For me, once again it's Dr Who.
Watching it on catch up TV this week though.

Nothing can improve on seeing M Tennant on TV. Except having Catherine Tate as his sidekick, but that happens every week. But set in the 30s, one of my favourite periods. And with Felicity Kendall? Ooh. And the bloody hot ginger chap I saw playing Peter Cook in the West End two years ago and fancied immediately googling tells me he is Tom Goodman-Hill, watch that name!)...?

Good Lord. If they'd shoehorned Steve Pemberton into the episode (he's in a later one) I'd have slid off my chair.

kerosene 05-18-2008 07:05 PM

I have never seen Dr. Who and Perth keeps telling me I need to watch it with mini-caser. We just got Netflix, and there is a ton of Dr. Who to be seen there over the web. Perhaps I will have to watch some.

Cicero 05-18-2008 09:36 PM

My landlord is going to let me have a dog!!! YES!!! I'm going doggy shopping!! (and yes I will be a good cicero and possibly get a poor doomed black one)

YEA!!!

DucksNuts 05-18-2008 09:54 PM

sex

DanaC 05-19-2008 05:45 AM

Cool beans Cic!

Sundae, I also am very happy about Doctor Who lol. Gotta say though "The Doctor's Daughter" is my favourite episode of the series. Goddamn, Tennant can act!

classicman 05-19-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 454873)
sex

details

Shawnee123 05-20-2008 05:15 PM

Yes, folks, I am very very happy at the moment.

I was called into the bosses bosses office (I haven't a clue how to punctuate that correctly and don't care right now) a short while ago.

They brought me in to tell me that the president has agreed to reclassifying my and my cow orkers job title and classification. The title and the job description much more closely match everything that I (and my good friend cow orker) do.

It also comes with reclassification to the appropriate coordinator level pay grade, where it should have been all along...they even admit.

It also feels good because I started out here as entry level front line person, was promoted twice, and since I have been here we have made great strides in making others realize we do so much more than "data entry." Laughingly enough, that is what the ex controller used to say we did. HA. I feel so great about it all.

I'm so happy I can't concentrate on anything else today! I'm glad I have been getting so much work done or I might feel guilty.

What a difference a week makes; last week I wasn't sure how much longer I'd be here.

I want to shout from the rooftops (but for one thing it's not my place or style to brag or to let on that our pay increased...especially in this flat and dismal budget year) but I'm just bursting inside.

Is there a smilie big enough? :) :blush: :p :3eye: :)

Thanks for a venue to share my good news!

Aliantha 05-20-2008 05:17 PM

That's great Shawnee. Good for you!

I'm happy today because I'm picking the kids up after school and they're spending the night with us.

Sundae 05-20-2008 05:25 PM

:celebrat: Shawnee -I am SO happy for you.
Many congratulations on a job well done and a promotion well won.
Fantastic that they appreciate your input - you deserve it.

Ali - ah, good to hear it's still a to and fro process. Makes the initial wrench a little less traumatic I imagine? Enjoy them!

BigV 05-20-2008 06:24 PM

HAWAII!

Cicero 05-20-2008 07:19 PM

@Shawnee-Hell, even I knew you do more than data entry. Awesome! Maybe you can get a computer at home now! We have to cellar-hop still.
:)