The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

capnhowdy 04-12-2009 10:53 AM

Got a new carpet steam cleaner yesterday which I am using today at intervals. It works very well and my carpet is coming amazingly clean. I didn't realize how dirty it was till I started cleaning. I love my pets. They love fucking my house up. Oh well.....

Trilby 04-12-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnhowdy (Post 555584)
Got a new carpet steam cleaner yesterday which I am using today at intervals. It works very well and my carpet is coming amazingly clean. I didn't realize how dirty it was till I started cleaning. I love my pets. They love fucking my house up. Oh well.....

oh....oh....DO ME! DO ME!!

Sundae 04-12-2009 03:20 PM

Easter, family, no drink, small portions at mealtime, no Mississippi Mud Pie for dessert (low fat yoghurt), lots of water, lots of de-caff tea and a walk after dinner to deliver a card for my Mum (she was really grateful, which was nice).

I just feel calm and happy tonight.

More obvious good things:
Dr Who on yesterday - Planet of the Dead.
New Red Dwarf on Dave - watched 2 of 3 so far.
John Barrowman has a new series on Saturday nights to tide me over until Torchwood starts again.
And he is also in panto Dec 09-Jan 10, reprising his role as Robin Hood.
The theatre is booking already, so I am going to borrow some money off Mum and get good seats for the final night, tying it in with a long overdue trip to Cardiff. I will be paying her back of course!
I just daren't leave it too long - the best seats available are row K as it is.

Swoon. John Barrowman. And panto.
They were made for eachother, and as a special treat for me.
Thanks universe!

Aliantha 04-13-2009 10:10 PM

My earache is better enough for me to finally put the colour in my hair that I bought a week ago. It's doing its stuff as I type this message. :)

BigV 04-13-2009 10:35 PM

The dog approached close enough, long enough to permit himself to be dragged into the house by his collar.

Thank you Baby Jeebus!

Aliantha 04-13-2009 10:44 PM

We just got our dog a big dog house to keep her warmer this winter because she's getting old and her joints are a bit creaky. It took her quite a few days to actually go in it even after I'd modified the doorway so she didn't bump her shoulders on the way in.

Anyway, now she spends about 20 hours a day in it. I guess she likes it now. :)

Chocolatl 04-14-2009 04:32 AM

I only have four days left in my internship, and I graduate with my bachelor's in less than three weeks.

Mostly, this means I will finally be able to take a nap.

DucksNuts 04-14-2009 05:37 AM

Bondi Rescue, and Bondi Vet...both make me drool and happy.

Congratz Chocolatl, many a nap coming your way.

sweetwater 04-14-2009 02:19 PM

I've been Suddenly Sad for No Apparent Reason lately. Today I went outdoors to take a break from housecleaning (aha! there's at least one reason) and the snakes are all over - I had 4 in sight at one time, and managed to get photos of a couple of them snuggling (?) and 2 swimming. I need to figure out how to film a swimming snake. I love the way they slalom through the water! Thank you, Ma Nature, for the snakes and song of the redwings. I feel a bit better now.

Queen of the Ryche 04-14-2009 02:33 PM

ooh! ooh! Snake pics! yes! yes!
Way to go Choc!
SG, you sound so amazingly well. I am happy for you.
Went to Princess' "Mother Goose Day" at school - she was Little Miss Muffet. How could I not be happy?

DanaC 04-14-2009 02:39 PM

Laptop powerpack has inexplicably fixed itself:) Result!

sugarpop 04-14-2009 02:57 PM

I love snakes!

sweetwater, have you been reading Winnie the Pooh by any chance?

sweetwater 04-14-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarpop (Post 556286)
I love snakes!

sweetwater, have you been reading Winnie the Pooh by any chance?

:biglaugha I know, I know.
Still, one has to admit that Random Capitalization has its uses - what's good enough for Pooh is good enough for me.

DanaC 04-14-2009 03:40 PM

i Like snakes.

My bro had a gorgeous regal python called Cleopatra, when we were kids. Oh she was a bonny lass. Used to have her roaming his room. I loved playing with her.

LabRat 04-15-2009 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Todays forcast. C'mmmonnnnnnn spring! Great day for a run with a friend. Better get to work so I have time. . .