The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

yesman065 08-07-2007 02:49 PM

Some days all I have to offer is that I'm still here. Some people will probably put that in the "Whats upsetting you today thread" Oh well.

Deuce 08-07-2007 02:50 PM

yman's presence in the cellar makes me happy today.

kerosene 08-09-2007 10:04 AM

Seeing Deuce's presence in this thread makes me happy. :D

HLJ's comment about the one eyed man made me laugh...I think that counts as happiness.

My husband really liked the vegetable moussaka I made him last night for dinner and that happiness carried over into today. Does that count?

DanaC 08-09-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

My husband really liked the vegetable moussaka I made him last night for dinner and that happiness carried over into today. Does that count?
Damn straight it does!

kerosene 08-09-2007 11:46 AM

:)

Thank you, Dana.

Shawnee123 08-09-2007 12:26 PM

I'm not very mad at myself today!:)

HungLikeJesus 08-09-2007 05:51 PM

Just for completeness, I should mention that my wife's luggage arrived last night.

Tonight we went to a weinlube, which was some kind of festival where everyone was drinking wine and lubing, I guess, and on the way back to our friends' apartment we stopped at a little bar or tavern, what ever they call them here in Ludwigsburg. Our friends went on home and we sat at a small table in the small dark corner of the small dark bar, or tavern, or whatever they call them here.

We planned to drink one beer and look at the carved wood and go back to our friends' apartment, but we got caught up in someone's good fortune and ended up, in addition to the beer and wein, drinking champagne and sitting, and chatting, with practically everyone in this local local, including Fidi and Peter, and some woman whose name I didn't get, but whose watch I'm now wearing. I said to my wife that I should go back tomorrow with the watch I brought with me from home, a 1957 (or so, no one really seems to know) Hamilton and make a fair exchange. That's how things seem to go when our friends drops us for a drink at the local local - strangers become friends and friends become stranger (but that's not right, they can't really become that).

So maybe I should be posting in the Meaningless Drunk Thread, or the City and Travels thread, but I am right now happy, and not quite drunk from hours of drinking and heavy thinking that I had it made.

What more I know I cannot say, but in the Cellar I wanted to stop and say...

Good bye.

Good bye.

DanaC 08-09-2007 06:08 PM

Pilau is making me happy today. Don't get me wrong, I still think he is rubbish and I'd be better off with a gerbil, but today he is making me happy. Literally. I was moping (I have no kinder word for it) in my house, being generally moody and disconsolate and not paying any attention to his furriness, so he took matters into his own paws and decided to entertain me. Picked up a toy and flipped it in the air then stood laughing (no really) then grabbed the toy again and flicked it in a different direction, looked at me, dropped down on his front paws and wagged his tail.

DucksNuts 08-09-2007 06:52 PM

I'm off to Melbourne again tonite, this always makes me happy.

I get to drive my shiny broom broom, get put up in a very flash hotel and spoiled rotten.

Hmmm, now I put that in print, I think that makes me a whore?

Oh well, someone has to wear that hat :)

glatt 08-10-2007 08:06 AM

Vacation starts at COB today. Woot!

Ibby 08-10-2007 08:17 AM

Last day of work today here, too!

Now I get six days of break before school... yay. Sike.

But...

GUITAR COMES TUESDAY!
FUCK yes!

Deuce 08-10-2007 02:32 PM

My sister slipped a book into my bag: Grace For The Moment by Max Lucado. It opens with this prayer, which I found soothing and powerful and true. If you wanted to know about me, you would do well to read and understand this poem.

As a special comfort to my profound sense of aloneness, I read the poem to myself, imagining my Dad was reading it to me, instructing me, guiding me, fathering me. When I did this, I substituted the word "You" for each instance of the word "I". I felt better having him speak to me this way.

Thanks sis. Thanks Mr Lucado. Thanks Dad.
Quote:

I choose Love...

No occasion justifies hatred;
no injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love.
Today I will love God and what God loves.

I choose Joy...

I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance.
I will refuse the temptation to be cynical...
the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see
people as anything less than human beings,
created by God. I will refuse to see any problem as
anything less than an opportunity to see God.

I choose Peace...

I will live forgiven. I will forgive so that I may live.

I choose Patience...

I will overlook the inconveniences of the world.
Instead of cursing the one who takes my place, I'll
invite him to do so. Rather than compolain that the
wait is too long, I will thank God for a moment
to pray. Instead of clenching my fist at new
assignments, I wil face them with joy and courage.

I choose Kindness...

I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone.
Kind to the rich, for they are afraid. And kind to
the unkind, for such is how God has treated me.

I choose Goodness...

I will go without a dollar
before I take a dishonest one. I will be overlooked
before I will boast. I will confess before I
accuse. I choose goodness.

I choose Faithfulness...

Today I will keep my promises.
My debtors will not regret their trust. My associates
will not question my word. My wife will not
question my love. And my children will never fear
that their father will not come home.

I choose Gentleness...

Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle.
If I raise my voice, may it be only in praise.
If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer.
If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.

I choose Self-Control...

I am a spiritual being...
After this body is dead, my spirit will soar.
I refuse to let what will rot, rule the eternal.
I choose self-control. I will be drunk only by joy.
I will be impassioned only by my faith.
I will be influenced only by God.
I will be taught only by Christ.
I choose self-control.

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
To these I commit my day.
If I succeed, I will give thanks.
If I fail, I will seek his grace.
And then, when this day is done,
I will place my head on my pillow
and rest.

Max Lucado
When God Whispers Your Name.

Deuce 08-10-2007 02:51 PM

I should add that I am not happy today. Though this poem, reading it over the past several days and nights, has helped me endure. It has definitely helped. I feel it has a place in this thread.

Please don't feel as if I'm proselytizing--I'm not. Feel free to beep out any words you don't like. Certainly, there are parts of the poem that harmonize with me more strongly than others. But harmony is about holding the differences together, simultaneously. It is not about singing an identical tune. There is beauty and truth here for all.

DanaC 08-10-2007 02:55 PM

I thought it was a very restful piece.

Hime 08-10-2007 04:33 PM

At work, I just got put on a project that I really wanted to work on. I'm excited to finally have something to do that actually interests me beyond "well, I guess this pays the rent." :D