The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

limey 02-05-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 632495)
The Glasgow GTG in January is making me happy! :) Looking forward to meeting Limey (and B if he decides to come along) and haven't seen Sundae in ages!

Har hardi har me too!

monster 02-05-2010 08:30 AM

Absolutely effin nuthin is make me happy today. I'm as miserable as all shit. So there.

lumberjim 02-05-2010 09:30 AM

So post your poop mouth talk in the other thread.....

Big Sarge 02-05-2010 11:19 AM

I got a letter & picture from SG! I've been showing it off to the guys. It's the first letter I have gotten from anyone other than my kids since I got here last June. Thanks SG. This really means a lot to me!!

Sundae 02-05-2010 01:04 PM

Blimey, if it's the first you got from me it certainly took its time getting there! Was it my Christmas card?
Don't worry, there are definitely more behind it :)

ETA - rereading the above it almost sounds accusatory!
It wasn't meant to be, just me expressing my bemusement. Of course it takes a long time for post to get to you. I'm glad you have started receiving it, and really pleased it made you happy.

Sundae 02-06-2010 04:29 AM

Happy yesterday, happy today. I think that's some sort of record!
My EHIC arrived yesterday and my replacement passport arrived today.

I'm going to book the coach later today - Amsterdam is ON people. ON I tell you! I might even have to start a new thread.

jujuwwhite 02-06-2010 12:03 PM

Congrats, SG! keep on truckin gurl!!! Before long you will be turning cart wheels!

xoxoxoBruce 02-06-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 632591)
ETA - rereading the above it almost sounds accusatory!
It wasn't meant to be, just me expressing my bemusement. Of course it takes a long time for post to get to you. I'm glad you have started receiving it, and really pleased it made you happy.

Oh no, you're not getting off that easy. It was accusatory, and you're going to have to post a picture he can show his buddies, to make up for it. :lol:

Big Sarge 02-06-2010 02:34 PM

Can you believe it? I got a Valentine's card from SG with a wonderful picture in it. SG is showing off the cutest little tattoo that matches the front of the card. Lovely, simply lovely.

DucksNuts 02-06-2010 07:40 PM

I finally got rid of the 2 square metres of blue rock in my drive that got delivered in *cough*November*cough*... Well there was probably just under a metre left coz I used the other under my paving project... But I finally moved it all and now I can actually park my car back under the car port - yay!

Lucky for you the cellar doest have smell view... It's hotter than hell here... Shower time

xoxoxoBruce 02-06-2010 07:41 PM

Oh, oh, photo opportunity.:blush:

skysidhe 02-10-2010 09:46 AM

That's nice Big Sarge...and yes ducks a photo of your project I am sure we would all enjoy seeing.

I hired my niece to spend the night with my mother for 30 days.
Money well spent.
How much is peace of mind x 2 worth? Priceless!

monster 02-12-2010 07:06 AM

There is a long paved path from our neighborhood through to the next one. The school bus stop is at the end of that path. The path was installed to be alternate entrance to the neighborhood for emergency vehicles in case the main throughfare is blocked. (There's only one official road in). But the path does not belong to the city, so they won't plow it. The people whose land it is on don't use it (they live in the next neighborhood), so they don't shovel it. But all the kids from our neighborhood use it to walk to school. (Or bus to a different school in the case of my kids.)

So in the winter the snow gets compacted, then icy, then lethal, and I end up driving my kids out of the neighborhood, round on the main road, into the next one and up to the other end of the path to catch the bus.

This year, I decided I would shovel it every time it snows, so this does not happen and everyone can use it safely all year long. And I have. But yesterday (first school day after the snow) one of my kids had to start the day at a different school, so my horrors did not take the bus. So I turned up this morning, shovel in hand and......

.....someone had already done it! :D

glatt 02-12-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 634195)

.....someone had already done it! :D

That is freaking awesome!

monster 02-12-2010 09:07 AM

isn't it? I always hoped this would happen, it worked with picking up trash around the neighborhood, too.

Another happy, just bought and printed Seaworld/Busch garden/Aquatica tickets. (I hope it warms up down there a bit before we get there!) My sis, niece and BIL should be on a plane over the Atlantic RFnow....