The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Sundae 02-12-2010 02:37 PM

I've been so sleepy lately. This morning again I did not want to get up and had no motivation. But today, again, I got up and got out there. It pleases me.

I went to the lake and fed the ducks, geese, swans and seagulls with the bread my parents are leaving behing when they go on hols. If I freeze it I will eat it, so it's better off in the birdies' bellies. I didn't intend to feed the seagulls, but their aerial acrobatics amused me so much I couldn't help tossing up a few bits for them to catch on the wing. Or preferably in the beak.

And I've just sorted out my wardrobes. Found some stuff to go to the charity shop, some to go on eBay (I'm being honest about wearing it) and the rest has been reallocated places so it makes more sense. Oh and Dad cleared out the other wardrobe in the bedroom for me the other day, so although I now have less clothes, I have put the stuff I think I'll take to Amsterdam in there, which will make packing easier. And my shoes live in there too.

I am organised!

monster 02-12-2010 10:02 PM

Auntie Scary, Daisy and Uncle Sieve have landed and say the villa exceeds their expectations -they had high ones, I had none so that's double-plus good.! It's all getting real -getting excited..... got the maps, checked the car hire, printed dupes of all the tickets, had to tell people "no, no scrip store next week, I'll be in Florida, yes, doing the Disney thing...." :D

Sundae 02-13-2010 07:43 AM

My Valentines weekend has started.
12 beautiful deep red roses from Sarge.
Awwwwwwwwwww - thanks :blush:

Tomorrow the 'rents will be away, so I'm having a "me" day. Having a bath (as opposed to a shower I mean) and watching JB on DVD while painting my toenails. I might even stretch to a facemask.

Dagney 02-13-2010 11:59 AM

Woke up to 3 inches of beautiful snow in Raleigh NC - reminded me of living up north again, and had a momentary pang of homesickness. Was immediately reminded of my current life - wiggly puppy giving me 'wake up kisses', and my wonderful husband snuggled up in bed with me.

It's a nice quiet Valentine's weekend here in our house - nothing major - just playing with the dogs, and doing some housework. But having someone to share it with makes me smile. (Because I thought for a long while, I'd never be 'here'.)

Big Sarge 02-13-2010 02:16 PM

SG -I'm glad they made it there. I'm sure they pale in comparison to you. I'm so happy - I got 2 letters from you. I love your pics!!

You know there are so many beautiful women in the Cellar, I wish I could send you all a dozen roses. sigh

elSicomoro 02-14-2010 06:38 PM

I got an iPhone yesterday...I am now cool. For at least 10 minutes.

monster 02-14-2010 06:48 PM

cool! Did you get a new job then?

elSicomoro 02-14-2010 06:57 PM

Yeah...well...yeah. I work as an independent contractor for a courier company. The pay is good, and I really like doing it, though I drive a lot (1500 miles/wk). But I can write off stuff like the iPhone and car repairs as business expenses.

Griff 02-14-2010 07:03 PM

That is cool.

monster 02-14-2010 07:08 PM

Hmmmm. The contract too? And that's just a deduction on next year's tax return, you still have to pay up front, right? Must be damned good pay and very busy right now..... (Feel free to post about me in the "What's totally bringing you down today" thread)

You totally lucked out there, WTG!

I remember you selling off your CDs and offering to move to any state to make ends meet just a few months ago. This is an awesome turnabout

I'm happy that you're happy, you deserve some up after all the down.

elSicomoro 02-14-2010 07:45 PM

Things were really rough in the last half of last year for both April and I. But towards the end of the year, things started to look up.

The Sycamore CD was released on December 30th, and I was able to buy a new bass with Xmas gift cards. I recently started playing in an acoustic setting with some old friends from high school, and we're going to actually start gigging around town in the next few months. I'm also working on the next Sycamore CD/EP, which should come out over the summer...the folks I'm playing with now will probably form the core of a Sycamore touring band as well.

April's into her actual cooking classes, and is doing well (natch!). She works two PT jobs...one at a cooking school/supply store and another at a vegetarian cafe.

I've had some great interviews...each one seems to be better and better. But I just don't get the jobs. Maybe I'm too confident...maybe my job history is scaring employers...maybe my appearance freaks employers out...maybe I'm just not the right candidate for the jobs...or a combination of any of them.

The courier job came about by accident...I actually applied to them 6 months ago, but apparently, I fell through the cracks. I started working 3 weeks ago...been putting in a ton of hours. And I do worry about the wear and tear I'm putting on my little car. But I really enjoy what I'm doing...that doesn't happen very often. I start from home every day, I can take whatever deliveries I want to do and I work pretty much whenever I want. I am officially my own boss, and may even be incorporating soon.

I do have to pay upfront for everything, but I have to pay my taxes quarterly...and I can take deductions each quarter as well. I also have a good tax lawyer as a best friend. ;)

So yeah...things are definitely picking up. Now we just need to get our own place again...that's the next goal...

monster 02-14-2010 07:51 PM

Quarterly deductions -awesome. good luck to you, enjoy your new toyImeanTool

(and thanks for satisfying my nosiness ;) )

Jaydaan 02-20-2010 11:33 AM

After going without a computer for 5 weeks (mine just up and died.... it was 9 years old, so I can not bitch much), I now have my very own laptop!!! Actually, we bought this one for my hubby in Nov with the plan he would upgrade in Jan/Feb, and it would be mine. It is nice that even with a few glitches in our budget, I was still able to make it happen on time. Now I can take the computer to work, and before we open(and during my slow first hour) while having coffee, I can work on the web page. Hopefully we can get online and start rocking our business :)

xoxoxoBruce 02-20-2010 08:54 PM

Let us know when you get it up and running.

Jaydaan 02-20-2010 11:51 PM

Someone was messaging me with a guy they knew, that knew Joomla, but I never got it :( Hoping someone remembers who it was, in chat that suggested their freind. Then we can get rolling even faster.