The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Yznhymr 02-21-2010 12:07 AM

Pissing people off...making me very happy. I'm normally happy-go-lucky. Today happy-go-a-huntin.

On the shiney side of life, my son did great at his Trap competition today. Makes me proud to see him blow those clay birds all to hell shot after shot.

BigV 03-02-2010 03:45 PM

This came to my inbox today from a dear friend:
Quote:

... I am currently cancer free.
I'm ecstatic!

Pie 03-02-2010 03:48 PM

Yay! That one we hear far too infrequently. Congratulations to your friend!

Pete Zicato 03-02-2010 03:50 PM

That is good news, V.

lumberjim 03-02-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yznhymr (Post 636371)
Pissing people off...making me very happy. I'm normally happy-go-lucky. Today happy-go-a-huntin.

On the shiney side of life, my son did great at his Trap competition today. Makes me proud to see him blow those clay birds all to hell shot after shot.

http://www.samsung.com/au/samsungu900/game.html

monster 03-03-2010 11:46 AM

There is an old guy, Walter, in his 80s, who lives in the UP (upper peninsula), and comes south (to the lower peninsula) every year for the winter -Oct-May, and figure skates at the rink where I take lessons. This year, he didn't show. I feared the worst. But today he turned up! That has made me very happy. I stayed late after class to skate and chat with him and have jeopardized my plans for the rest of the day, but I was so happy to see him :D

Gravdigr 03-03-2010 02:59 PM

What's making me happy today?

This.

Bruce 9012 03-03-2010 03:39 PM

Snow's a Melton. To be in the 50's this weekend. Im going to blow the dust off my road bike and go for a nice ride. Cabin fever is a bitch. Can't wait. Oh yeah and that studio vid. That was crazy.

Griff 03-07-2010 06:42 AM

Good advice makes me happy.

THE DOOR

Go and open the door.
Maybe outside there's
a tree, or a wood,
a garden,
or a magic city.

Go and open the door.
Maybe a dog's rummaging.
Maybe you'll see a face,
or an eye,
or the picture
of a picture.

Go and open the door.
if there's a fog
it will clear.

Go and open the door.
Even if there's only
the darkness ticking,
even if there's only
the hollow wind,
even if nothing is there,
go and open the door.
At least there will be a draught.

Miroslav Holub

Cloud 03-09-2010 08:41 AM

cleanliness. We're so LUCKY to be modern people, with hot and cold running water, and showers. really! How did people stand being dirty all the time?

Cloud 03-09-2010 02:50 PM

I bought myself a new 5th generation blue iPod Nano 16 GB today. Ordered it from Amazon and should get it Thursday!

Pie 03-09-2010 03:01 PM

Peace and quiet, for a few days.

Yznhymr 03-10-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 638714)
This came to my inbox today from a dear friend:

I'm ecstatic!

That really is awesome. Too many people I know don't get that news. In last five years, two people beat the cancer (breast cancer), four did not (mother-in-law - lung; grand-mother-in-law - pancreatic; best friend's wife - rare form of lung cancel in large intestine...horrible; bile duct cancer - five years to live). Another 4-5 others I know about, but not as closely.

You are blessed!

Yznhymr 03-10-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 638719)

Awesome! Not exactly Trap, but Skeet is fun! I'll let me son play and give me feedback. Thanks!

Griff 03-13-2010 03:23 PM

I just got done fencing two concurrent tournaments at BU. I got knocked out of a tough foil event pretty early after going 3-2 in the pool. One of their guys asked me to fence the weaker epee event to even up the pools, so I beat him in the final. go me... I want sleep but have a commitment tonight... should be napping not posting.