The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

monster 03-25-2010 10:36 PM

My swim team swimmed. For the second year. And this year we equalled numbers of the other teams. And we rocked.

Coolest moment, Hector (5th grade, technically too young as it's a Middle School /Junior high 6-8 team but we're a k-8 school so we can sneak 5th graders in to make up numbers....) swam a nice 100 IM, the high school boys were timing. He is tiny and skinny for a 5th grader, but an awesome swimmer. They were impressed already and then he did a bucket turn from back to breast -not for the novice- and the high school boys were all "Did he just bucket? he did! I don't believe it! Did you see that kid tunr? He did a bucket! He's my hero, he's my favorite! Did you see that turn?" so cool, so funny. They weren't half as impressed when my daughter did it same lane next heat and swam so fast she knocked two seconds off her personal best. But I was equally proud.

Athough i was even more proud of the swimmers who had never swum a meet before and whose parents were sure they would bottle out, and who didn't. We had 30 swimmers on the books, only one failed to showd rather than the three we expected. last year we had 17. I promised them chocolate, tomorrow I must pay up. :lol:

So Happy

So Tired

And beest is sick so i gotta make lunches for tomorrow. damnit

zippyt 03-25-2010 10:52 PM

Bucket Boy !!

monster 03-25-2010 11:05 PM

Thanks, Zip -that it totally the paper plate award he needs at the end of season!

monster 03-25-2010 11:07 PM

I'm even happier now I've made the lunches and can crash in peace.

heehee

bucket boy, I like it.

glatt 03-26-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pie (Post 643163)
Glatt -- have you been to the Udvar Hazy air & space museum, over by Dulles? We were there a couple of weeks ago. They've got the Enola Gay, the Global Flyer, and a SR-71 Blackbird. AND THE ENTERPRISE. The Freakin' ENTERPRISE. The U-H is also part of the Smithsonian. Highly recommended.

Yeah, I was there a year or two ago. It's really cool. I loved the Enterprise, and I was also blown away for some reason by the dirty Apollo space suits. They used tape to get all the moon dust they could out of the white fabric to study it, but they couldn't get it all out, and there's still dirty moon dust ground into the fabric. It's both so mundane and so fucking awesome at the same time.

toranokaze 03-26-2010 11:12 AM

I have over 1000 posts.

glatt 03-26-2010 11:16 AM

Today is the 1st day of my 20th year at my current employer's.

Pie 03-26-2010 11:33 AM

Congrats to both of you! Glatt, does this mean you have the seniority to go kick dirt on your boss' shoes when s/he pisses you off?

glatt 03-26-2010 12:25 PM

I haven't been here 20 yet. My 19th anniversary was yesterday. The big one will be in one year.

Being here this long means that every mystery gets brought to me because I remember shit that happened a long time ago. "Whatever happened to those files ten years ago?" "I dunno, ask glatt." And I usually come through.

Shawnee123 03-26-2010 12:28 PM

These days, most people don't have that kind of longevity on a job. That is awesome! Congrats.

glatt 03-26-2010 12:45 PM

Oh, and another reason to be happy? Netflix is finally shipping us their streaming disc for the Wii today. So tonight I might be watching instant stuff on the TV instead of the tiny laptop!

Nirvana 03-26-2010 12:55 PM

The sun is out !!! :)

Shawnee123 03-26-2010 01:23 PM

Did it snow anywhere else? I had a couple inches of snow on my car this morning, and parts of the interstate were pretty treacherous. Slide offs and accidents everywhere.

Silly Ohio.

Griff 03-27-2010 07:39 AM

Silly NEPA as well...

skysidhe 03-27-2010 11:55 AM

I am buying my text books today! I am humming with excitement.