The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Jaydaan 04-05-2010 05:54 PM

Just got back from a great night/morning with my husband. He suprised me yesterday after work and booked the signature/honeymoon suite at the hotel we work at. We have been together 17 years, and we have NEVER got a hotel room before. We are too practical and the cost was too much for us to "waste". We had room service dinner, went to the pub for a few drinks, had a jakuzi tub, and a great night together. We took some champagne and ice wine with us as well. The king bed was suprizingly comfortable, the duvet was all snuggly as well. |I would have slept better if I was not so worried about missing the alarm and missing check out. This morning we had another tub while we had our morning coffee before we checked out and came home. Because it was a quiet night in the hotel, and the big suites were not being used, we got our "work perk" price for the "upgrade" and payed $31.64 after taxes for a $275.00 room. I would never pay full price, but $30 was a fantastic treat, and a really cool romantic gesture from my hubby.

xoxoxoBruce 04-05-2010 11:14 PM

Excellent Jaydaan, sounds wonderful. :D

skysidhe 04-06-2010 01:06 AM

very nice Jaydaan :)

jinx 04-06-2010 08:02 PM

There's a rumor that I might get my Jeep back soon. Maybe even this week. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I am missing it bad. I've been looking longingly at others that I see. Even crappy trim level stock v6s...

Supposedly up over $15K worth of boo boo now. Eek.

TheMercenary 04-06-2010 08:07 PM

We got our Mini back after nearly 3 months, but they did it up right and SWMBO is happy. So I am happy.

We are nearly done with it all.

Stupid fucking teen drivers.

glatt 04-07-2010 01:20 PM

I was going to post this in the "what's annoying you thread, but as I was thinking about it, I realized that I wasn't annoyed. I was happy. So I may be a freak, but here's what's making me happy today.

There will be a Nuclear Security Summit across the street from my office on Monday and Tuesday. In preparation for expected protests, they are closing all the streets surrounding my office, and will probably have police checkpoints for all pedestrians who try to approach the office. I'm preparing about 75 individual letters on company letterhead that staff without business cards can use to hopefully get past the cops to come in to work those days.

I should be annoyed because it will be disruptive and it's creating more work, but it turns out that I enjoy disruptive stuff when it disrupts the mundane work day. It's like a snow day. I'll bring my camera.

jinx 04-07-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 646483)
Maybe even this week. I'm trying not to get my hopes up,

Ha! I knew it... now "maybe middle next week". I won't hold my breath...

xoxoxoBruce 04-07-2010 06:28 PM

I'm waiting too, next week, next week.

Sundae 04-08-2010 06:28 AM

Today is gorgeous!
Weather-wise, but making it feel gorgeous all over.
Both cats are out enjoying the sunshine and not bothering eachother.
I'm not necessarily a Spring fan. Or a sunshine fan. But at least when the two collide it's cool enough to enjoy.

Oh and Mum's in a great mood with me. I "catered" last night when her friends were round. I mean she still did 90% of the cooking, but I served and washed and wiped up and generally made sure she had as much time as possible to enjoy with her friends (from Ipswich - they only see eachother twice a year).

Of course I'm rubbing my hands a la Mr Burns; it was a crafty plan to show her how much I can help when she has her girls' night in. It's not all that sinister tbh. I just wanted her to understand that I can be involved without taking over. And after all, as the real me wakes up, I'm delighted to be taking more things on.

And I hope she understands that I was not being lazy. I was depressed. And as I come out of that I want to help more and more. They carried me for a year. I don't need that any more, and I want to earn my keep. And the more responsibility that I take on, the more prepared I'll be to make that a financial return too.

Yeah anyway. Sun is shining :)

monster 04-08-2010 08:17 AM

Nothing so far is making me happy today. It's started out goddamn lousy. Walk and brekky with friend cancelled through miscommunication, crappy weather, stoopit hockey coach emails, not enough quality sleep and it's only 9am. Bur I am bloody determined to be happy about something by the end of the day, I tell you. DETERMINED.

I guess I'm slightly mollified to note that it wasn't a dream that I did the swim team registration last night, something over which I had been procrastinating to the point where it had major disaster potential, but fortunately it all went surprisingly smoothly. Guess I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on that one.

Oh but that reminded me that i was listening to the Whalers get knocked out of the play-off while I was working :(

DETERMINED.......

glatt 04-08-2010 08:28 AM

Do you like the royals? What about a royal wedding? Everybody likes a royal wedding. Word is there are a couple days inexplicably clear on the royal calendar, and supposition that an Announcement will be made. At least, that's what I read on Facebook.

monster 04-08-2010 08:46 AM

Only if she wears a black dress and has the word 'fuck" incorporated into her vows. That would make me smile. The word "cunt" as a bonus might even prompt a hearty guffaw.....

lumberjim 04-08-2010 10:03 AM

I sold 8 of Ripley's 10 Cheerleading Fundraiser $5 Raffle Tickets in less than 10 minutes. Am tempted to keep the last two.

xoxoxoBruce 04-08-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 646973)
I guess I'm slightly mollified to note that it wasn't a dream that I did the swim team registration last night, something over which I had been procrastinating to the point where it had major disaster potential, but fortunately it all went surprisingly smoothly.

There now, you're so good you could do it in your sleep if you had to. That ought to make you happy. :D

Griff 04-08-2010 04:44 PM

I'm exhausted but happy. We took lil' Pete early campus touring the last two days down Philadelphia way. Haverford and Swarthmore are just beautiful and either could be a good fit. Penn is too urban for her and Bryn Mawr has too few [edit] um... guys [/edit] on the dance floor. We know a guy on Haverford's fencing team who gave us some insight as she's on the fence between varsity vs competitive club fencing.