The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Shawnee123 04-09-2010 03:51 PM

Heeheee...my younger sis-in-law was telling me last Sunday she couldn't stop crying in church...she'd just look at the girls (ages 4, 7, and 9 and growing fast) and just cry. I guess it's a woman thing.

DanaC 04-10-2010 08:24 AM

Pilau and I just went for the most delightful walk. We took the same route as on the vids I posted, with a slight detour down the old bridlepath.

Glorious sunshine. The air perfectly still, not the slightest breath of a breeze, even up at the top of the hill. But not silent. No, definately not silent. A cacophany of birdsong. From simple twittering to complex songs, caws and whistles, you name it. The main road is just far enough away for the traffic to just be a gentle rumble; sounds almost like a waterfall at that distance.

Oh, and we saw a squirrel, running and jumping from branch to branch overhead. Seemed to have somethng in its mouth; looked grey, may have been its baby.

In the woods, the grass has suddenly started to make an appearance everywhere. Startlingly green against the greys and browns of the trees and mulch. Real deep, emerald green in places.

I really wish I'd remembered to charge my camera. Pilau was bouncing through the heather like he was Pepe le Peu. Then darting round the woods looking for squirrels and barking excitedly when he caught a scent.

Great fun. But waaay hot. I was only wearing a thin cotton long sleeved top with light summer jeans and a trackie jacket. I had to take the jacket off and I was still too hot.

Pil was knackered by the time we stopped off at Ma's house (where I am currently logged into her comp typing this :P). Mum's not here, but I've let myself in so Pilau can have a long cool drink of water, chat with Dante about the squirrel he just chased ("No, really, it was THIS big!") and rest his old joints before we make our way back up the hill to home.

And ... to be fair, so I can rest my old bones ... and roll a little herb for the journey back :P

About as idyllic as a Saturday afternoon can get in my book :)

lumberjim 04-10-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 647615)
Pilau and I just went for the most delightful walk. We took the same route as on the vids I posted, with a slight detour down the old bridlepath.

Glorious sunshine. The air perfectly still, not the slightest breath of a breeze, even up at the top of the hill. But not silent. No, definately not silent. A cacophany of birdsong. From simple twittering to complex songs, caws and whistles, you name it. The main road is just far enough away for the traffic to just be a gentle rumble; sounds almost like a waterfall at that distance.

Oh, and we saw a squirrel, running and jumping from branch to branch overhead. Seemed to have somethng in its mouth; looked grey, may have been its baby.

In the woods, the grass has suddenly started to make an appearance everywhere. Startlingly green against the greys and browns of the trees and mulch. Real deep, emerald green in places.

I really wish I'd remembered to charge my camera. Pilau was bouncing through the heather like he was Pepe le Peu. Then darting round the woods looking for squirrels and barking excitedly when he caught a scent.

Great fun. But waaay hot. I was only wearing a thin cotton long sleeved top with light summer jeans and a trackie jacket. I had to take the jacket off and I was still too hot.

ok, start over here.

you were still too hot, so you....

Cloud 04-10-2010 02:53 PM

Learned I'm entitled to a credential that I didn't realize I had, huh. (ACP=Advanced Certified Paralegal). It was time for me to renew my credential and I was sweating it because I was over the deadline, but made it, phew! For another five years, at least.

capnhowdy 04-10-2010 07:35 PM

Family gathering here at the Capnhowdy/juju farm today. Pop's birthday deal. Great time and several family members came. Great thing is..... the big party is next weekend. Pop doesn't have a clue. He thinks this was it. We expect 30 to 35 folks next weekend and we'll have a family concert. Lots of musical talent on the tree..... looking forward to it. Pop is dying and under the care of hospice, but has the best attitude in the crowd. The world could use lots more like him. Savor life while you have it. It is good.

Sundae 04-12-2010 01:13 PM

Have been productive today.
Got my bills paid, even paid my rent arrears despite the bank being closed when I arrived - some kind of computer shut down. Doesn't sound like anything to be proud of? Well, no I spose not. But a coupla years ago I'd have decided it was "a sign" and gone and spent the money! This time I checked the bank before I got the bus - it was open again.

Got Grandad his KFC - you don't have to worry about occasional takeaways at 87. Chatted to the weird family who live across the court on the bus. Hand delivered a card for Mum, walked a mile to feed the ducks (and a mile back), took delivery of a pile of leaflets for the LibDems to put through doors - I'm campaigning for them this election.

AND. Not about feeling productive, but about feeling happy. Had an email from a lady who booked a room at Ty Rosa thanks to my review on TripAdvisor, and video on YouTube. People like to know what they're getting. She's in Cardiff for about a week because her daughter's ship is in. I wished her a good stay and asked that she passed my regards on to her daughter in the Royal Navy. I don't do much for our Armed Forces, but if at least I recommended a Mum a good place to stay it's something.

Oh, along those lines, I sent Sarge another card. Anyone know how he is? I'm kinda sending post into a vacuum here, and I can't help worrying about him.

HungLikeJesus 04-13-2010 04:08 PM

The neighbor's dogs were going crazy, so I went out on the deck to see why. There's a big female elk wandering around the back yard. I haven't seen them here for a few months.

morethanpretty 04-14-2010 08:45 PM

I think I succeeded in getting a shitty person fired today. Seems like a bitchy thing to be happy about but...fuck you. I'm tired of working with shitty, lazyass people.
I don't know why it takes so much work to get rid of TEMP agents. Anyway, I hope I won this time. :P

skysidhe 04-15-2010 09:38 AM

wow....more than .....even so your happy parts are rift with angst.

I'm going a ka-zillion miles a minute. I am happy because if I were to slow down I would realize how tired I must be.

I am so fortunate to be in overdrive.:p:

skysidhe 04-15-2010 09:45 AM

I forgot. I changed my font to an elderly lady type that is to say to reduce eyestrain but not until the installed updates went through yesterday can I see the improvement in the font.....plus! The cellar's front page is very nice looking now. I do not have to change to the blue.

HungLikeJesus 04-15-2010 09:52 AM

Carbon Monoxide!

The boiler repair guy found that our vent pipe was broken inside the boiler and had been pumping CO directly into the house. It looks like it's been going on for a long time.

Shawnee123 04-15-2010 09:56 AM

That's making you happy? You're lucky it didn't make you dead.

Get a carbon monoxide detector...pronto.

glatt 04-15-2010 09:59 AM

sweet!

Shawnee123 04-15-2010 10:00 AM

Have I missed something? Why is everyone happy about CO?

SamIam 04-15-2010 10:04 AM

You are very lucky you didn't die or end up with damage to your brain or heart. CO is nasty, nasty stuff.