The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

skysidhe 04-21-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 725479)
There are seven deer standing in front of my window.

Now they've moved up to the road.

Now they're gone.

Did you get a photo?! How nice anyway.

kerosene 04-21-2011 08:24 PM

Do you get elk in your yard sometimes? I use to when I lived in Golden Gate. It was pretty awesome to hear their bugling.

HungLikeJesus 04-21-2011 08:31 PM

I didn't get a photo - they didn't stay around long enough.

We do get elk, they have been moving through the area for the last couple of weeks. A year or two ago I spent about an hour in the yard with a group of males (you know, just hanging out). I took lots of pictures, but I don't know where I put them.

Do you get them out in the plains? How about antelope?

kerosene 04-21-2011 08:37 PM

We don't get much of anything for wildlife out where I am on the plains. I miss that about the mountains.

HungLikeJesus 04-21-2011 08:41 PM

Do you ever hear a discouraging word?

kerosene 04-21-2011 08:43 PM

seldom.

monster 04-21-2011 08:58 PM

is yer sky cloudy, though? that'd be a deal-breaker for me.... I can deal with one or the other...

what?

kerosene 04-21-2011 09:02 PM

not all day...I mean, part of the day, yes. But definitely not all day.

TheMercenary 04-21-2011 09:02 PM

Skype is the way to go SG!

DanaC 04-22-2011 08:23 AM

I should have said this ages ago: but it made me really frikkin happy on the day: Brucey-babes sent me a t-shirt:) It's a promo t-shirt for a hotel. It's awesome. A shade of brown that I only ever see in American designs and even the choice of font on the lettering is retro Americana (looks like that to me anyway ;p).

I frikkin love it. Looks awesome with combat/cargo pants, and a shagged old pair of converse :)

Anyway. That's a belated Happy thought.

For today: It's Ma's birthday. So we're having a barbeque in my Bro's back garden. Always a dleight. It's basically a stretch of land that continues up into the woods. Trees and wildflowers and treehouses, and oddities scattered about the ground and trees. Like something from Kinsey's acid trip grounds. A decked area, some animal pens (ferrets with their own underground runs leading from pen to pen, a pond with coy carp, and several grassy areas, one of which is a camomile lawn.

All on a hill leading up from the back of the house. have to go up steps to get to it. There are different areas that have been made a little more level (and of course the decked area I already mentioned) and serve as natural gatehring areas, but the whole thing retains the feel of a wooded hill, becoming gradually less garden-like and more natural woodland as you move up into the trees.

Because it's our Martin who's pretty much done the garden, it is also full of fun stuff. Rope swings, and hanging chairs, hammocks and a big swing made from tyres that looks like a strange rocking chair.

And of course dad's tree.

It's a lovely sunny day, so should be a pleasant evening.

Mum still has no idea she is about to become the proud owner of an I-Pad2 :p I can't wait to see her face.

monster 04-22-2011 11:19 AM

PICS!

Sundae 04-22-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 725311)
i have skype. let's get shitfaced and naked and chat later tonight ok?

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 725313)
we skype with grandma in the uk. it's been a bit sucky recently, though

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 725514)
Skype is the way to go SG!

Anyone up for Skype, just let me know. Especially since the 'rents go away on 5th May, which means my available hours for making noise are greatly extended.

And Jim, I don't have enough alcofrolics to get shitfaced, and the camera is too small to take in all the glory of my nekkidness, but I approve the idea.

Clodfobble 04-22-2011 01:32 PM

My mom is upstairs playing hide-and-seek with the kids... which means I'm not. :)

HungLikeJesus 04-22-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 725311)
i have skype...let's get shitfaced and naked and chat later tonight ok?

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 725313)
we skype with grandma ...

Sundae 04-22-2011 02:57 PM

I wouldn't frighten the kids in that case.
If my tits head any further south they'll be invading France...