The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

skysidhe 12-19-2008 05:57 PM

Maybe I just never noticed before but I find you are very funny lately HLJ.

lumberjim 12-19-2008 06:13 PM

i had a fun time singing Christmas carols with my kids tonight.

HungLikeJesus 12-19-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skysidhe (Post 515276)
Maybe I just never noticed before but I find you are very funny lately HLJ.

Thanks skysidhe. My goal for next year is that at least 50% of my posts will make someone laugh or cry - I don't care which.

LabRat 12-19-2008 06:36 PM

Yessss!!

I have finished going through all the music on my laptop and filled my shuffle with my favorite workout music. I could run 10.5 miles and never hear the same song twice!!!!

Now, to rip all the rest of my CD's... :thepain:

Pie 12-19-2008 11:45 PM

When will you fill it to marathon-status?
:)

Sundae 12-20-2008 10:15 AM

Went for lunch with Mum today.
We did have alcohol, but it was managed. If it were the middle of the year I would probably have settled for Diet Coke, but being Christmas, and Mum looking forward to this for weeks (my Dad has been taken to a premiership football game by my BIL as a Christmas present) I thought it was apposite.

We had a jug of cocktails.
Which worked out the same as a double spirit measure each, drowned in Coke and ice.
I'm happy with this.

AND we had a great time, talking and laughing and telling stories. We do get on well as company.

footfootfoot 12-20-2008 10:19 AM

I just got off customer service chat with zappos. I ordered a dress for homegirl and I opened the package to check that it was ok and saw that it was covered in cat fur and lint. Still had the tags on it.

Zappos was OS but offered me 20 bucks to have it cleaned.

Cicero 12-20-2008 10:59 AM

What? Nasty!

Griff 12-20-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 515413)
We had a jug of cocktails.

I'm happy with this.

Meh, remind me never to talk to you about alcohol again.

Sundae 12-20-2008 11:09 AM

If help and support come from someone who has dealt with things differently or who has a different perspective than me, I'd still appreciate it. It's your choice whether you want to of course.

DanaC 12-20-2008 11:17 AM

Hey Sundae, PM me your new postal addy please:)

Griff 12-20-2008 11:20 AM

I'm just worried that you're so focused on the measuring aspect of this that you'll set yourself up for trouble after a few weeks of controlled drinking. Just watch for patterns dear.

Sundae 12-20-2008 11:23 AM

I will, honest.
I can only prove this by doing it - and I will.
Thanks for your input - I (probably unfortunately) set a lot of store by other people's opinions. When I read your post my stomach dropped. But it's good - it makes me question what I have done and will be part of my second thought reaction next time.

skysidhe 12-20-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 515278)
i had a fun time singing Christmas carols with my kids tonight.

Memories made by dad when young will fill their hearts when they are older.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 515281)
Thanks skysidhe. My goal for next year is that at least 50% of my posts will make someone laugh or cry - I don't care which.

50% humble

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 515284)
Yessss!!

I have finished going through all the music on my laptop and filled my shuffle with my favorite workout music. I could run 10.5 miles and never hear the same song twice!!!!

I admire this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 515427)
If help and support come from someone who has dealt with things differently or who has a different perspective than me, I'd still appreciate it. It's your choice whether you want to of course.

I am a two drink lightweight then it's nap time.

I have lived with alcoholics and they are mean nasty mouthed buggers. Just keep sweet ok.

[edit] I know you are not one of those SG. It has just been my experience that alcohol changes the personality when it gets out of control. I do not wish that on anyone. I wish you all the best in strength and peace.

Griff 12-20-2008 11:29 AM

I was concerned about tone on the re-read. Anyway, let's do happy stuff now.