The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

DanaC 06-01-2008 04:43 AM

What's making me happy: I've done bugger all, all weekend. Woke up yesterday morning at 8:30, went back to sleep. Got up at 10 and made a coffee and went back to bed to read. Fell asleep, got up at lunchtime. Walked the dog, read and watched youtube vids for most of the day:) Rounded off with Doctor Who and then Black Sheep on dvd.

This morning: up at about 10am with no tasks ahead, or places to be: just dog walking (no hardship when unhurried and with pleasant weather), reading, playing about in the intarwebz and watching tv:) Glorious.

If I fancy, I may make a start on Honeyman's Child Workers in England, 1780-1820 in preparation for the research i need to do this Summer.....but only if I fancy. probably will actually, I borrowed the book months ago but haven't been able to read it as had to focus reading around assignments and exams.

The point is I am winging it and in no way feeling guilty about 1001 different things I should be doing with my time. Is there anything nicer than legitimate, earned idleness?

Cicero 06-01-2008 12:51 PM

Yes, I do have the feeling you very much deserve a break Dana!!! Keep those pajama's on today if you can!!
:p

I'm excited because I got "Beirut" tickets! Yea!! Finally going to see the show after long last! They've been in Europe and finally came back! Tomorrow night after work will be awesome!

Here's what they sound like......This kid is about 21 now? Made this album in his basement when he was 19, I think...

Sundae 06-01-2008 02:50 PM

Dana I didn't see the one with the statues, but I have seen clips. Crikey me, the clips were terrifying enough - I'm shuddering thinking about them.
I loved this week's episode - even if Steve had been played by someone else!

Hope you had a chilled out day.

I am happy because I blagged off a shift last week. I felt awful afterwards and considered the fact that I might have lost the job (I sort of deserved to as well). As it was, nothing was said, I faced it out and was back to being a great employee. I hate it when I give in to my lazy side - I will try to remember this next time.

Oops - to clarify I am happy I still have a good and that I have got over the first shift back.

spudcon 06-01-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 458555)
Dana I didn't see the one with the statues, but I have seen clips. Crikey me, the clips were terrifying enough - I'm shuddering thinking about them.

Oops - to clarify I am happy I still have a good and that I have got over the first shift back.

Is it because I'm not English that this makes no sense to me?

Sundae 06-01-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 458365)
It's the Steve Pemberton episode of Dr Who

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 458483)
Wasn't that a good episode? A proper, old school, get the younglings hiding behind the sofa, Doctor Who tall tale. Wonderful. I love the Moffat episodes. Empty Child and the one with the scary ass statues were both classy fayre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 458484)
This morning: up at about 10am with no tasks ahead, or places to be: just dog walking (no hardship when unhurried and with pleasant weather), reading, playing about in the intarwebz and watching tv:) Glorious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 458555)
[All Dr Who related]Dana I didn't see the one with the statues, but I have seen clips. Crikey me, the clips were terrifying enough - I'm shuddering thinking about them.
[As per Dana's post]Hope you had a chilled out day.
Oops - to clarify I am happy I still have a good and that I have got over the first shift back.[Double oops the fact I wrote "good" instead of "job"]

Yes, it was more than usually incoherent.

spudcon 06-01-2008 08:09 PM

Thanks SG, I was afraid my brain was leaking, or something.

jinx 06-01-2008 08:33 PM

My freshly washed and waxed vee-hicle. It's pretty.... It's sooo pretty...

oh, and also White Men Can't Jump clips...

HARD. GOD. DAMN. WORK!

DucksNuts 06-02-2008 04:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm thinking about swapping cars again. (yeah I know, I have issues)

Im going from a Rexton, back to a Commodore...very similar to what I had, but this is the 270kw, V8 version.

The Suzuki Kizashi doesnt get released here until end of 2009.

The Rexton is gorgeous, full leather, heated seats, rain sensing wipers...etc...etc....but I miss my *dog* and I went for a drive in the V8 the other day.

Im torn

Kagen4o4 06-02-2008 05:05 AM

Holden. V8. nice...

elSicomoro 06-02-2008 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
5 days 'til Baltimore!

April and I finally got our wedding pictures back...6 months after the event. The maid of honor's sister is a professional photographer, and the maid of honor paid for her sister's services as her gift to us. Her sister is a flake and slow as a turtle. Anyhoo...here's April and I with our parents:

Sundae 06-02-2008 06:55 PM

Oh lovely, lovely!
All so very beautiful.
They were worth the wait.

I'm happy because I got a call from the cat rescue place I contacted before the weekend. They are sending someone local to interview me and check out the house on Thursday at 13.00 - I'm taking a lunchbreak for once! I've already passed the phone interview, just the face to face and the chat to decide which, if any, cat they currently have would best suit me/ my position/ the Diz cat.

The downsides are
1) I have to blitz the place tomorrow! Going to see Derren Brown Weds night (another thing that's making me happy!) so tomorrow is the only time to do it
2) I can't afford to adopt til next payday - approx 3 weeks time. They charge a rehoming fee of £50 to cover their costs - they're a registered charity and non-profit making with a no-kill policy, so have to support some cats for life. Also there are things I have to buy - a cat pen for slow introduction, Feliway, a new litter tray etc.

I'm not replacing Dyl. I couldn't - I adored him. I still hope he walks through the catflap.

But I have to think of Diz, who currently has cat-depression. Diagnosed by me, as all he does it cry, eat, sleep. He doesn't play, go out, frisk about, climb on things, try to get in my shopping bag, follow me to work, bat my tweezers off the night table, want to go out of the skylight etc etc etc.

I'm happy to be moving on. And excited about a new cat addition. One cat is at least one too few imo.

Aliantha 06-02-2008 09:16 PM

We've finished moving. Pretty much everything is unpacked and in its new place.

My back is aching. My feet hurt. I'm weary to the bone, but I'm happy as a pig in poo. :)

Now we just have to get the other house sold.

Undertoad 06-03-2008 05:15 PM

Firefox 3 release candidate 1 is excellent!

Sundae 06-03-2008 05:22 PM

Ali I know the feeling. It's worth bottling - glad it's over for you.

UT - I have no idea. But I'm pleased for you anyway.

Aliantha 06-03-2008 05:26 PM

Thanks matey. :) I'm feeling a bit better today. At least it doesn't hurt to walk now. lol