The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Sundae 10-13-2007 11:11 AM

I went to be measured for a bra today. My genuine intention was just to get the correct measurement and then buy it on Monday when the money goes into my account. At present I only have 1 bra and it quite obviously doesn't fit me any more - it causes quite a bit of discomfort after a few hours.

Mum came with me, for company really, and ended up buying the bra for me. That was lovely of her of course, but the real happiness comes from knowing my current size correctly, and knowing I have one that fits. My breasts are back in the right place again now!

Oh and the lady who fitted it was miles fatter than me, so I felt utterly un-selfconscious standing before her in trousers and bra. I know it shouldn't make a difference, but it was a good feeling anyway.

DucksNuts 10-14-2007 01:11 AM

Ohh, yer, well fitting bras and boobs in the right place, do wonders :)

Whats making me happy?.......last nite, this morning and ...ohh....just before :D

ZenGum 10-14-2007 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 394803)
SNIP

Whats making me happy?.......last nite, this morning and ...ohh....just before :D

So, your weekend went according to plan then eh Ducks? Enjoy.

Griff 10-14-2007 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 392803)
Way to go, Griff!!

What kind of car? What kind of job?

Sure let's piss off lumberjim. ;) Suzuki Sx4. Its the smallest AWD on the market. Living where I do its all about mileage and traction. I got way more on trade-in than I expected.

I'm working for a non-profit implementing Head Start. I go into classrooms and make sure staff is providing a positive experience, following research based practices, and I'm also providing emotional support for troubled youts. Yes, I'm being paid to play with 3 and 4 year old kids!

DanaC 10-14-2007 09:07 AM

The little shit who's been trying to bully me (fellow party member and elected councillor) made the mistake of emailing his latest nasty rant to me. He's driven several people out of the local party across the years, almost always women. He tried bullying me when I was first on the scene and fortunately I had friends to come to my defense in meetings, but the phone messages and general nastiness was unpleasant. Now he's trying to do it again.

Very difficult to describe to people what he's actually like, because when you first meet him he seems a very calm and quiet person. Unless you've had the half hour, ranting, shouting, insulting telephone encounter it's hard to credit that he has that side to him. Not helped by the fact that the Regional office is peopled with his freinds and supporters.....but hey...it's a damn sight easier to show his colours when he's packaged them up nice and handy in a written format:P The prick accidentally sent it to the entire exec group-email by pressing reply to a message I'd sent out to the group, cancelling a meeting. he basically splurged a bunch of nasty, sniping attacks at me (very personal) and that's gone out to everyone.

I now have three different people writing letters of complaint to the national party *grins*

Of course....this wil be taken as a declaration of war by the Junta and his allies, but hey....can't keep letting him do this.

TheMercenary 10-14-2007 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 394897)
The little shit who's been trying to bully me (fellow party member and elected councillor) made the mistake of emailing his latest nasty rant to me. He's driven several people out of the local party across the years, almost always women. He tried bullying me when I was first on the scene and fortunately I had friends to come to my defense in meetings, but the phone messages and general nastiness was unpleasant. Now he's trying to do it again.

Very difficult to describe to people what he's actually like, because when you first meet him he seems a very calm and quiet person. Unless you've had the half hour, ranting, shouting, insulting telephone encounter it's hard to credit that he has that side to him. Not helped by the fact that the Regional office is peopled with his freinds and supporters.....but hey...it's a damn sight easier to show his colours when he's packaged them up nice and handy in a written format:P The prick accidentally sent it to the entire exec group-email by pressing reply to a message I'd sent out to the group, cancelling a meeting. he basically splurged a bunch of nasty, sniping attacks at me (very personal) and that's gone out to everyone.

I now have three different people writing letters of complaint to the national party *grins*

Of course....this wil be taken as a declaration of war by the Junta and his allies, but hey....can't keep letting him do this.

Bring the copies of the email to the next public meeting and have them recognized and attached to the minutes for the record.

DanaC 10-14-2007 10:01 AM

*smiles* that is precisely what is about to happen :P Along with complaints going to National and Regional, there will be a formal motion of complaint and a statement read out at the next meeting, by the Chair and secretary of the CLP.

DanaC 10-14-2007 10:04 AM

Of course, this is going to get ugly. There will be counter accusations and complaints and I know there are people who will be prepared to lie to back those up. There is likely to be an investigation and people being interviewed etc by national officers. But...them's the breaks.

DucksNuts 10-14-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 394892)
Sure let's piss off lumberjim. ;) Suzuki Sx4. Its the smallest AWD on the market. Living where I do its all about mileage and traction. I got way more on trade-in than I expected.

I'm working for a non-profit implementing Head Start. I go into classrooms and make sure staff is providing a positive experience, following research based practices, and I'm also providing emotional support for troubled youts. Yes, I'm being paid to play with 3 and 4 year old kids!

Ohhh.....great little AWD Griff. We are having nothing but success with them :)

Griff 10-14-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 395046)
Ohhh.....great little AWD Griff. We are having nothing but success with them :)

Cool!

jinx 10-14-2007 07:07 PM

CongratsX3 Griff!

Griff 10-14-2007 07:20 PM

thanky on three counts

Sundae 10-14-2007 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 394924)
Of course, this is going to get ugly. There will be counter accusations and complaints and I know there are people who will be prepared to lie to back those up. There is likely to be an investigation and people being interviewed etc by national officers. But...them's the breaks.

Ah fuck'em. Glad you have the nasty bugger's bad side in his own writing (as it were). Give him enough cyanide, he'll poison himself again ;)

My happy tonight comes courtesy of my parents' 12 year old cat. She was acquired after I'd moved out and barely deigned to notice me for years. Either my boys have made me much more cat-talented (unlikely - I grew up around cats) or she has Alzheimers - she has been so loving to me this whole weekend. Okay right here right now I'm the only one up, but even before this- she was on my lap within an hour of me arriving on Friday, whereas she used to run out of the room when I arrived before.

I'm loving my new cat magnet status.

elSicomoro 10-14-2007 08:13 PM

I've heard those SX4's are nice. Of course, Case is gonna be pissed at you, since she wrecked hers earlier this year, IIRC. Congrats, bro!

Lessee...well, I feel like myself for the first time in almost a week. No more fuzziness, headaches or confusion. Well, more or less.

Had dinner tonight with one of my friends from graduate school and her fiance. They just got engaged. Glad I'm almost done with that part of things.

Oh...and I get married in less than a week. And I'm not nervous...I'm ready to go...whoohoo!

kerosene 10-15-2007 10:52 AM

Yes, the SX4 is nice. I like the way it rides and the AWD tractions mumbo jumbo is awesome. Doesn't hold up well in rear end collisions, however...thank god for fold down seats! Also, the 6 disc changer in dash *rocks*. :hedfone:

Happy today because...I am actually going to paint!