The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

DanaC 04-21-2008 09:02 AM

Go Go Cic-er-O!

Super news m'dear. Hope it exceeds expectation:)

Shawnee123 04-21-2008 09:06 AM

WTG Cicero!

Cicero 04-21-2008 09:39 AM

This is the funny part: I was hired as a legal assistant.

lol! Wish me luck.

;)

I will have my own office...How refreshing! Paid vacations..dental...woo-hoo!!!

And the best part: I didn't have to go on five interviews to get the position!!

O.k. I'll stop....just happy today. Someone is going to allow me my geekdom and pay for it.

Thanks guys! You sure are sweet sometimes....:)

Oh and Dana! Good luck on keeping your seat! They'll do it if they know what's good for them. I can't imagine there is more of a democratic candidate that would be more open to sound decision, and policy-making.

Shawnee123 04-21-2008 10:56 AM

Luck!

Though it says a lot about you that you get a sweet job without pounding the pavement for months and months!

lumberjim 04-21-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 447063)
Jim, those Altima coupes are hella sweet. I haven't seen a whole lot of them yet here. What is the company's expectations on sales? I just don't see a lot of them being sold, given that the "personal luxury" coupe market ain't all that great (Solara, G6, the now extinct Monte Carlo).

I don't know what their expectations are, but they are doing a shit job of promoting it. It's really a lot of car for the $$....very like an infiniti g35....has great sexy lines, etc. zero incentives on them, and i've not seen any advertising on tv about them, or caught them in the car rags. I think the Mustang is kicking that segments ass anyway. whatever....if they were flying off the shelves, i probably wouldnt have been able to take one for a demo. It handles like a sports car, and im getting 25 mpg so far ( that usually improves )

jinx 04-21-2008 12:01 PM

Wow, congrats cicero!

Quote:

Jim, those Altima coupes are hella sweet.
Ippy looked at it out the window and declared it an old lady car.

elSicomoro 04-22-2008 12:21 PM

I finally cleaned up my music collection on iTunes--21,000 songs.

Ibby 04-22-2008 11:11 PM

I'm FINALLY getting the rewriting of ÉANNA done. Which only gives me two weeks to get it on stage, but... I can do it. I can make it work. The script is so much better now.

Shawnee123 04-23-2008 12:41 PM

It's scholarship day and it's going well. I have time to lurk and post between people handing in the "grade sheets" which I have been entering in the spreadsheet as I get them. Tomorrow, I sort and muse and ponder (we administer various 'ships by different donors so the criteria can vary greatly) and by Friday all 'ships will be awarded and letters sent.

Every year, it runs a little more smoothly. Not bad as this was thrown in my lap when our ex-director suddenly "resigned" a few years ago and everyone else in the program left around the same time!

Shawnee123 04-24-2008 08:54 AM

That's awesome Shawnee. You rock. And you know what else? We don't all really hate you. Seriously. :eek:

classicman 04-24-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 447848)
That's awesome Shawnee. You rock. And you know what else? We don't all really hate you. Seriously. :eek:

I'll second that.

lookout123 04-24-2008 11:03 AM

Lil Lookout had had tryouts for the club team outdoor season. 321 kids showed up. All 321 have to go back for the second half of tryouts in two weeks. It will be 2 hours of scrimmages to see the kids in game situations. Lil Lookout did pretty well from my POV in the stands, but you never know.

Oh wait, I do know. The club team trainer found me during a break and told me his only problem with Lil Lookout is whether to use him as a solitary striker and sometime winger for the A team, or to make him the captain of the B team for the next age group up and build the squad around his strengths.

The club owner found me later and apologized to me for an argument we had more than a year ago. He demanded then that he be allowed to train Lil Lookout in private sessions so that his potential isn't wasted by improper coaching that I would surely give him. He announced last night that LL has the best ball control of the entire group and the second best shot. "Lookout, you have done an outstanding job training him. Would you be interested in being one of the official club trainers?" No thanks for the training position, but thanks for the compliment.

I don't have to tell him that LL is just a natural do I? :) Proud Papa.

HungLikeJesus 04-24-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 447848)

Bennett Marco: Raymond Shawnee is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

Shawnee123 04-24-2008 11:45 AM

Heehee...thanks guys, for responding to my attention ho-ness!

Sundae 04-25-2008 03:58 AM

Shush Shawnee
You know if I didn't respond (and I am officially signed up to your fan club) then it's likely that I didn't see it. Therefore others didn't see it. Therefore shush.

Anyway - am pleased for you chick.
Job satisfaction - worth 10 vodkas :)

Lookout - proud Papa indeed. Good for LL.

Me? I'm made up because I'm heading off for Aylesbury at about 16.30. Going home to my parents and picking up my laptop. And it's a mark of my love for Mum and Dad that I put seeing them before getting my laptop - which is a huge excitement!