The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

BigV 04-22-2012 02:48 AM

Off to see the Lyrids!

monster 04-22-2012 07:19 PM

Found my lifeguard card!

classicman 04-23-2012 12:22 AM

That can only mean one thing - You'll get your replacement card tomorrow.

DanaC 04-23-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 807967)
That can only mean one thing - You'll get your replacement card tomorrow.

lol true dat :p

monster 04-23-2012 08:15 AM

The coach was going to get it today. I emailed him, so I won't, but it was close.....

Carrot Pilausson 04-23-2012 08:35 AM

Yesterday I had a chewy thing what mummy said was a paddywack and today I have a paddywack they are nice and chewy but not as chewy as a table.

Mummy made some magic hard water what she called icey cube and it is very cold and slippy on the floor and makes my mouth go all cold and then it is crunchy.

Clodfobble 04-25-2012 07:55 AM

Cooking class is going very well, and about half of them already asked if there's going to be a "level 2" offered. It's especially funny because they're all so excited to be in the same room with people living the same life they are, they practically do all the talking themselves. I've literally only had time to use 25% of the material I had prepared so far, if that. I'm not teaching a class, I'm moderating a support group. Someone will ask a question, and 3 people will pipe up to answer it before I can. :)

Trilby 04-25-2012 08:19 AM

Clod-I would think you'd be a natural at support group moderation.

glatt 04-25-2012 08:35 AM

That's awesome! Most teachers would kill to have that level of class participation and interest.

classicman 04-25-2012 11:58 AM

Totally agree with Bri and glatt.
It's really wonderful that you can share what you've developed and make an impact on others who need it most.

BigV 05-01-2012 04:34 PM

finished all the long long sewing for the pack covers, hundreds of feet of casing around the rim of the pack covers. Now, have to measure cut and thread the elastic through the casing with a bodkin, then tie and sew. After that I need to make 25 stuff sacks for the covers. plus casings in the top, and drawstrings and toggles. then I'll be done.

Blueflare 05-01-2012 05:42 PM

My horrible horrible neighbours have moved out! Yay!

BigV 05-01-2012 06:12 PM

there goes the neighbor(hood).

Jaydaan 05-04-2012 03:26 PM

We just rescued a just about 2 yr old purebred female boxer! She is now safetly at my father-in laws in Calgary for the evening. Then, tomorrow morning a friend and I are driving out to meet them half way here, to bring her home. We will be meeting in Golden BC around 1-1:30 and by 5pm she will be in her forever home!

I know its only been 2 weeks since my Freya passed on, but this one needed us now. She was being sent to the SPCA at 5 tonight, as the owner had rescued her 4 months before from being crated for 18 hours a day, and no longer wanted (in fact the new wife of the original owner HATES dogs)... then her world fell apart. The lady has mental health issues, an abusive ex, an eviction notice, and had never dealt with the energy or needs that a boxer brings to your life.The lady rescued this little one.. just in time for us to need and want another dog. We were going to wait, and get a puppy in a few months... but something about this one called to us.

Dad says she was great in the car on her way to his house, went pee outside, and is being a good girl. She is not hand shy, is skinny, but not "too bad", has the boxer energy and mentality (IE: PLAY PLAY PLAY..oh look a butterfly.... huh? PLAY PLAY PLAY) I am soo looking forward to meeting her tomorrow.

My Loki dog will be so happy to have someone to play with again, and this new one will be spoiled rotten with all the love and attention an animal should have from its family.

Sundae 05-04-2012 03:32 PM

Major congrats Jay.
Stop by the Post Your Pet thread as soon as you stop cuddling her enough to take a pic.