The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

xoxoxoBruce 11-23-2019 11:02 AM

That's true, otherwise the picture would not have been captioned with all that information. I had to copy the caption information over because the caption was unreadable when shrunk to the acceptable width for posting here.

Yes, I wonder about people who buy that stuff. Do they feel they're getting their money's worth? Do they think the public notices or cares? Do they wish the tags were on the outside? Do they know red states buy Wranglers and blue states Levis?

limey 11-23-2019 12:17 PM

The first public performance of the Oban Brass Quintet is what's making me happy. The awesome power of social meeja found three other crazy brass players of the right instruments within a reasonable distance of our nearest big town to add to Mr Limey and me and we met and rehearsed last Friday and did a public gig (Christmas carols at a food and crafts market) today. It's not about the carols, but about the fact that by great serendipity we like each other and are of approximately the same playing ability and we all want to meet once a month and play stuff.
I'm made up, I truly am.

Undertoad 11-23-2019 12:53 PM

That post made me very happy. Well done limey!

Gravdigr 11-23-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 1042059)
I'm made up, I truly am.

Yes you are.

...made of sugar and spice,
And everything nice...


And brass, apparently.:D

zippyt 11-23-2019 02:07 PM

pt in abouy week hopfully i csn takr thi fuvcking sling off

Diaphone Jim 11-23-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1042012)
I knew you didn't know.

We have a "What is it thread?" and a "Who is it thread?.

Think of this as "What is the connection?"
It is just kind of a joke.

xoxoxoBruce 11-23-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 1042059)
we like each other and are of approximately the same playing ability and we all want to meet once a month and play stuff.
I'm made up, I truly am.

Hot damn, after wandering the wilderness you've found your tribe. That's fantastic, more important than the rabble appreciating your skills.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 1042075)
pt in abouy week hopfully i csn takr thi fuvcking sling off

Did they give you exercises to do, like big rubber bands on a door knob to pull and stuff?

monster 11-23-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 1042059)
The first public performance of the Oban Brass Quintet is what's making me happy. The awesome power of social meeja found three other crazy brass players of the right instruments within a reasonable distance of our nearest big town to add to Mr Limey and me and we met and rehearsed last Friday and did a public gig (Christmas carols at a food and crafts market) today. It's not about the carols, but about the fact that by great serendipity we like each other and are of approximately the same playing ability and we all want to meet once a month and play stuff.
I'm made up, I truly am.

Makes me so happy :)

:tuba::tuba::tuba::tuba::tuba: :D

I just noticed those tuba players are all doing 69 :eek:

Griff 11-24-2019 07:50 AM

Two big wins! You people rock.

monster 11-26-2019 09:22 PM

the fish are alive!

BigV 11-27-2019 10:41 AM

Dinner with BelovedDaughter tonight ahead of the holiday

Gravdigr 11-27-2019 11:34 AM

Sounds cool.

Griff 11-27-2019 02:59 PM

:thumb:

Luce 11-27-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1041786)
Luce's new user title

Also, I found this, which is even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8cm...&start_radio=1

Griff 11-28-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1042246)
Dinner with BelovedDaughter tonight ahead of the holiday

Shipping up to Boston where Lil G is spatchcocking a turkey.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.