The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Shawnee123 09-24-2008 02:30 PM

Heeheee...I hope you're working with Good Shawnee and not Bad Shawnee! :)

Oh yeah, blue, it is great when you're feeling down and something funny or cute happens. I lost my cat and was looking for him and I talked to Ruth, one of my older neighbors, and she told me about this ad in the paper. Without going into details she made me giggle.

Kids, old people, and animals. Gotta love 'em.

BigV 09-24-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 486536)
They (the college to which I applied) just called me back. I'm meeting with the Director on Friday.

OMG this is really happening????!!!!!!!!?????

I am FREAKING out!

So much for Thursday.

j/k!

That's awesome! Don't sell yourself short. They don't mess around with time wasting space fillers at this level. They *think* you can do the job, they *want* you to do the job. They want you to convince them that they made the right choice. Sell yourself!!

Shawnee123 09-24-2008 03:37 PM

I know! They said they would let me know Thursday (either no freaking way are we hiring you, or please come meet the Director who must give the final say-so) but they called today. I was surprised.

The way we do it, if the person has made it to the "meet the bigwig" they have made a decision and, short of punching the director in the face, I have the job. OR, it is down to me and one other and it's like the last round of America's Next Top FA Administrator.

BigV 09-24-2008 03:46 PM

I'm very very happy for you S123. Regardless of the outcome of this opportunity, you will benefit greatly. You get the job (YAY!) or you don't (boo) *but*.... wait for it.... you get the knowledge that you do have what it takes to compete in this area, that you are valuable to other organizations and perhaps most valuable of all, that failure is not so awful that you shouldn't try. I don't want to hex you, but I'm serious. You've already won a great victory. If you get the job, it will be a double victory.

Congratulations!

Shawnee123 09-24-2008 03:47 PM

Thanks! :)

lookout123 09-25-2008 01:22 AM

I found a few minutes in my insane life to stop in and say hi. so hi. and while i'm here i'll answer all of the questions that i'm sure you had for me in other threads.

yes
yes
only if it's blue
no
not on tuesday's
only once and then i learned my lesson
yes it burns
tw still just like a broken clock
it will fall further
why yes, Jinx DOES have a fantastic ass
a penny saved is a missile for future use
rectum
McCain
7 minutes, I think
at least 4 times a day

That should be it. See you all next time.

DanaC 09-25-2008 04:11 AM

Yey! Hi Lookout :)

Nice goin Shawnee. *smiles*

Sundae 09-25-2008 07:54 AM

Shawnee you're a star
Go in and wow them

Well done you x

Shawnee123 09-25-2008 08:22 AM

Thanks!

Hi cousin! Thanks for answering my question about if you like corpse cock or not (answer: only if it's blue.)

:)

Sundae 09-27-2008 06:17 AM

I "found" Diz last night.

I was worried because I saw him on Thursday morning as usual, but he wasn't around when I came home Thursday night. I had a quick search, but I was working. John said he'd heard him so I tried not to worry.

He wasn't around Friday morning either, so I fretted all Friday until I got home. No Diz and his food wasn't touched. So I went into worry-overdrive and started searching in earnest. And then I heard him - his little voice was calling from outside the window. I stuck my head and and checked the street - nothing. Then I turned to the right - yes, the noise was coming from the flat roof of the pub - Diz was crying down at me.

OMG!

John treated it as neither drama nor crisis, just went and got a ladder and started up on the lowest point, the kitchen extension. In the end it took three ladders, John, me and one of the customers who happened out for a cigarette. John and Nick got blooded, although to be fair to Diz it was just his patented death grip rather than any malice on his part.

I brought him back in and we cuddled until I had to start work. He got special attention again this morning - I was lying reading with my leg and and Diz was all snuggled up with me.

Poor John. We've been nothing but trouble since we arrived!
Still, he got to see what the view from the pub roof is like before he left :)

ZenGum 09-27-2008 07:05 AM

Three cheers for the cat rescuers!

Making me happy today was Henry the seal (or sea lion, I don't know the difference if there is one and some articles about him use the terms interchangably).

Henry is a wild seal who has been hanging out on the beaches of Adelaide for at least 6 years. He has become quite comfortable with having humans fairly close. There is a good article about him here.

Anyway, after watching the footy grand final, I took a brisk afternoon stroll, rock hopped out to the end of the breakwater at Glenelg, and there he was in all his furry, blubbery glory, flopped on some rocks, just chilling out and enjoying the late afternoon sun.

I could get quite close - probably closer than we're legally supposed to - until he sat up and yawned and exhaled vigorously, which I took as a sign to step back. He was quite relaxed as abuot half a dozen people wandered out and back to ooohh and aaahhh at him.

Alas, I didn't have my camera with me (which is the personal fault of some twit in a mobile phone store but that is another story) so I couldn't take a photo :( .

But he was so cute I just wanted to pat him! However, I also wanted to not have my hand bitten off so I didn't pat him. Instead I just stared at him for half an hour and spent the rest of the evening with a big goofy grin on my face.

FStop 09-27-2008 08:28 PM

Big update here, been a bit since i've been around. But I'll update all short n' sweet, cut the fat.

I left 84 Lumber after almost three years. Got into Professional Broadband, Inc. (PBI) as of late, a contractor for Comcast.

I install in the field, HD Cable, Internet, and Phone to residential customers.

Everything from a simple telephone line for an elderly lady to an HDMI setup for the Steelers & Penguins players.

Long story short, get to the goods, I'm going from $22K a year to around $60K. So, there. ;)

Griff 09-27-2008 09:05 PM

We watched The Man from Snowy River tonight. Lil' Pete says "This is the horsey movie!" Apparently she watched the thing at my folks place a couple times when she was 3 or 4 and asked us to show her the horsey movie several times over the next couple years. We had no idea what she was asking for until ten years later... tonight. She was sooooo damn happy.

jinx 09-27-2008 09:07 PM

That's awesome.

ZenGum 09-28-2008 06:48 AM

Cool - an Australian classic.

There was movement at the station, for the word had passed around
That the colt from old Regret had got away,
And had joined the wild bush horses - he was worth a thousand pound,
So all the cracks had gathered to the fray.
All the tried and noted riders from the stations near and far
Had mustered at the homestead overnight,
For the bushmen love hard riding where the wild bush horses are,
And the stockhorse snuffs the battle with delight.

The rest.