The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

elSicomoro 06-27-2008 03:06 PM

Got my personalized license plates today!

BigV 06-27-2008 05:58 PM

We're all going camping this weekend!!!!

WOOOOHOOOOO!

Sundae 06-27-2008 06:31 PM

I've finished work, have £25 in my pocket that wasn't there earlier and am hoping for a lovely long lie-in tomorrow before getting up to do it all again!

(the only cloud on the horizon is HM's passing comment about cleaning the house tomorrow - which will be a very very good thing - I just hope he doesn't wallop around too much, too early)

Oh and if tomorrow goes well (Beach Party), John is planning a series of theme nights which will include a Singles Night ;)

glatt 06-28-2008 11:25 AM

I actually finished a home improvement project today.
That never happens. Normally I just start them.

Mounted "unmountable" speakers in the kitchen. Fished the wires through the walls and everything. They look and sound great! Had to make a bracket myself and take the speakers apart to mount them, then reassemble the things. But I'm done.

SteveDallas 06-28-2008 11:37 AM

I'm seriously impressed. I wouldn't even try fishing wires. Every time I've ever tried something involving making holes in walls it's ended very badly.

HungLikeJesus 06-28-2008 01:33 PM

We should have a forum devoted to projects started. I think there would be a lot of them unfinished.

Cloud 06-28-2008 03:28 PM

(good Cloud sits on the horizon).

If I were really clever, I'd do an image to go with this.

but I'm not.

Griff 06-28-2008 04:19 PM

I have a feeling Tony will be breaking out the ugly stick on the "progress" thread. I have a warm sense of anticipation.

Sundae 06-28-2008 06:08 PM

Again, back from work.
Picked up £50 for 7.5 hours work tonight. Doesn't make sense compared to the £20 I'll get for 4 hours tomorrow, but hey - I'm not complaining!

Had I been wearing socks I would have worked them off tonight.
But I love that kind of hard work.
I mean it, I really love the feeling of immediate reaction of bar-work. I suppose it's my replacement for being on stage. You get a response from strangers. And I like pushing myself - being better, being faster, being more accurate but still being friendly, making sure you remember it is the customer's night out, they deserve a good time.

Tomorrow is different again - not noisy, not crowded, but lots of rounds (you get rounds, right?) with little recognition from the customers.
We get a lot of drop-in Sunday drinkers who are there with their families/ old friends and don't acknowledge what you do for them. So you work at being part of the background and emerging to serve them the second they require it and decode their orders for them (ie a white wine spritzer for this lady means wine and lemonade, a whiskey and diet coke for this man is a Jack Daniels, no ice and a can of Diet Coke, not the generic stuff from the tap)

And I was happy with how I looked tonight! I didn't get to take any pictures of myself, and James only took one of me, but I'll upload it if it's okay. (it got busy within 30 mins of me arriving and I spent that time bottling up) But going by the compliments I did okay.

I love to feel tired but happy.

Undertoad 06-28-2008 06:43 PM

Oh man I don't know if I will come through for you there G. I can't figure out exactly how to play it; do we want this guy to stick with us so we can borg out something interesting from him? Or is he just a pseudo-intellectual poseur in the manner of some of our least-interesting users?

lookout123 06-28-2008 06:53 PM

Right now my jedi sense is telling me he falls into category 2. He just reminds me of so many college sophomores who read their psych and sociology books while high and think they are the enlightened few.

Sundae 06-28-2008 07:06 PM

He says he's 74.

bluecuracao 06-28-2008 07:15 PM

After many months, wi-fi is working in my living room! I'm not sure how long it'll last, but I'm enjoying while I can. I sure miss you guys--guess I have a lot of reading to do now to catch up.

Sundae 06-28-2008 07:19 PM

Raaaaah! Blue!
Glad you're here x

lookout123 06-28-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 465551)
He says he's 74.

and in a chatroom somewhere right now someone is insisting they're a 19 year old SWF from philadelphia...