The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Nirvana 03-28-2010 05:21 PM

Victor's sister Kyrie finally has a nice home! :) I am not sure whether it makes me happier that Kyrie has a good home or that it made someone very happy to have a new pet after theirs died of cancer on Christmas eve. :hug:

Clodfobble 03-31-2010 12:01 AM

This morning, Minifobette actually fed herself with a spoon for the first time in her life. She won't do the scooping part yet, but if I get a bite ready for her, she'll actually pick up the spoon and move it to her mouth, which is huge for her.

limey 03-31-2010 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 644437)
This morning, Minifobette actually fed herself with a spoon for the first time in her life. She won't do the scooping part yet, but if I get a bite ready for her, she'll actually pick up the spoon and move it to her mouth, which is huge for her.

HURRAH! Well done you!!

Sundae 03-31-2010 12:12 PM

Just had confirmation that I'm accepted as a volunteer in the local independent theatre. It's a very small place - I've appeared on stage there in three productions myself - and on the same site as the pottery classes I was taking through Occupational Health.

They want me to work behind the bar, but it's not the kind of place where people will be offering me drinks, and a great opportunity to meet people.

My first show is on Saturday 17 April. And I'll be able to exchange sessions worked for workshops - I'm going to go back to pottery.

What with this and volunteering at the school, and also volunteering to work for the LibDems in the run-up to the elections (as an intern, wonder if I'll get to have sex?) I'm really beginning to get myself back together.

The other morning I was itchy and twitchy because I had nothing to do. I put on Torchwood and did the ironing. Mum was blown away when she came back. I think I'm getting my mojo back.

Oh and I have 12 eggs to decorate as a table centrepiece for Easter. Even if it's just Mum, Dad and me (the other rotten lot refused to commit to a proper sit down dinner - boooooo!). I'll let you know how I get on. It could be a disaster or course. The kit I bought from eBay is American. I had intended to blow the eggs (oo-err) but this assumes that you will hardboil them, and cautions about only using the eggs while they are hot...? I don't know if it's something to do with the dye working better when warm? If all else fails I have a bottle of pink food colouring in the cupboard.

limey 03-31-2010 12:27 PM

WTG SG!

Pete Zicato 03-31-2010 02:34 PM

Nice weather in Chitown.

Finally.

classicman 03-31-2010 09:05 PM

Woo Hoo way to go Clod & Minifobette!

DanaC 04-01-2010 06:03 AM

Tip top, Sundae!

And go, go, go Minifobette!

Griff 04-01-2010 06:14 AM

A little boy in my class who came to us unwilling/unable to talk at all or participate in anything social was super chatty yesterday and followed one of the other guys in doing the leg hug sitting on my feet thing at playground. We were getting eye contact and everything. AWESOME!

DanaC 04-01-2010 06:16 AM

Bloody hell Griff. That's fantastic! You must feel like you're walking on air when something like that happens.

What's making me happy today: Pilau! he's being very delightful and making me laugh. He's in a really good mood, even though he has a poorly leg.

classicman 04-01-2010 07:46 AM

Wow Griff - that sounds extremely cool. What is it you do? Are you a teacher? I must have missed it somewhere.

Griff 04-01-2010 07:57 AM

I'm an early intervention Special Ed teacher. It is exhausting, but every now and then you witness something very cool.

Shawnee123 04-01-2010 08:26 AM

A little bird sitting on the ledge outside my office window, singing.

Pete Zicato 04-01-2010 04:00 PM

Z_let #2 comes home from Italy tomorrow.

DanaC 04-01-2010 04:18 PM

I just had a lovely long soak in the bath. I have a freshly brewed cup of green tea, a sesame and honey snack bar, a small bar of butterscotch chocolate and a ready rolled smoke waiting in the ashtray. Pilau is flaked out on the sofa (clearly having a riotous dream given all the paw twitching) and I have a really awful, cheesy, Jeffrey Combs flick from the 90s, downloaded and ready to go.

Oh, and a new Doctor Who audioplay on my ipod to listen to in bed later.

Yeah. It doesn't get much better than this.

[eta] Pilau is flaked out because we went for a long walk down into the valley and through the woods, earlier today, during which we met up with Ma and Dante. The boys ran about together, playing tag and generally frolicking about. Mum and I both had out cameras and had a laugh recording the beardie revels. Followed by a smoke *ahem* and a good natter at her house, then food shopping. Just one of those days where i seem to have spent three quarters of my time laughing.